1 vs. 100 Beta Scheduled For UK Release

• 64 results
Posted by Jeff (3626 posts) -

Like this, but with extra U's everywhere. 
First it was for Canadians. Then they let the US of A in on the act. And starting July 10, Xbox Live Gold members in the UK, the Republic of Ireland, France, and Germany will be able to get in on the act. Microsoft has announced plans for the next stage of the 1 vs. 100 beta.

The online game show has proven to be pretty popular around the office, and I think Ryan is slowly trying to become the live show's host, Chris Cashman. We'll keep you posted on that one.

The available information from Microsoft makes it sound like prizes will be given out during this phase of the beta. Specifically, MP3 players, digital cameras, phones, laptops, and HDTVs. Additionally, UK players will be able to win travel packages and a car. German and French players will have a chance to win a car via some kind of sweepstakes.

Hmm... I wonder if the UK/Europe show will be dramatically different from the one we've been getting here. The Canadian beta was full of plenty of Canada-specific questions. Maybe I should try to play in the UK edition and see if they ask a lot of questions about... the Eastenders or whatever the heck is all pop culturey out there these days.
#1 Posted by Jeff (3626 posts) -

Like this, but with extra U's everywhere. 
First it was for Canadians. Then they let the US of A in on the act. And starting July 10, Xbox Live Gold members in the UK, the Republic of Ireland, France, and Germany will be able to get in on the act. Microsoft has announced plans for the next stage of the 1 vs. 100 beta.

The online game show has proven to be pretty popular around the office, and I think Ryan is slowly trying to become the live show's host, Chris Cashman. We'll keep you posted on that one.

The available information from Microsoft makes it sound like prizes will be given out during this phase of the beta. Specifically, MP3 players, digital cameras, phones, laptops, and HDTVs. Additionally, UK players will be able to win travel packages and a car. German and French players will have a chance to win a car via some kind of sweepstakes.

Hmm... I wonder if the UK/Europe show will be dramatically different from the one we've been getting here. The Canadian beta was full of plenty of Canada-specific questions. Maybe I should try to play in the UK edition and see if they ask a lot of questions about... the Eastenders or whatever the heck is all pop culturey out there these days.
#2 Edited by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

I am stoked, TIME TO WIN ME SOME PRIZES.

EDIT: Dude, its not Eggs or Zygotes. wtf?

#3 Edited by nanikore (2740 posts) -

I don't live in the UK, so..

#4 Posted by mracoon (4972 posts) -

Finally, the game looks fun so I can't wait to check it out.

#5 Posted by Akeldama (4253 posts) -

epic sigh 

#6 Posted by raidingkvatch (1157 posts) -

Since you guys have been talking about this a lot I might check it out

#7 Posted by MachoFantastico (4787 posts) -

A Quick Look of the UK version done in your British Ascents please... that would make my year!

#8 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

'The Eastenders' hehe. It's just called Eastenders!! Sheesh!

#9 Posted by SlowHands (347 posts) -

And the Republic of Ireland!  Don't forget about us!

#10 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -
#11 Posted by FlipperDesert (2096 posts) -

The Eastenders are old Jeff, it's Hollyoaks and pork pie hats now! :p

#12 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -
@Gearhead said:
" If any Europeans want to know how to play 1 vs. 100 before this comes out, PM me. "
I think we have brains enough to know "CHOOSE RIGHT ANSWER"
#13 Posted by t2t2 (151 posts) -
@Jeff said:
"[...] and I think Ryan is slowly trying to become the live show's host, Chris Cashman. We'll keep you posted on that one.[...]"
Video thing where Ryan hosts the show and other guys from office are contestants & the mob? God no.
#14 Posted by Clubvodka (417 posts) -

Get you Jeff knowing stuff about the UK. I bet you're in the top 10% of americans who actually know what Eastenders is.

#15 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Cool, that article aknowledged the existance of other European countries besides the UK.
The world must be coming to an end.

#16 Posted by E_Goldstein (12 posts) -

Britain at the moment is plagued by a really bad attempt at celeb culture. If your interested in fat soap stars, teenage pregnancy and sagging page 3 models who don't love their husbands anymore it's the place to be!

Lets hope 1v100 has some more cerebral questions not revolving around Hollyoaks! (I'm just bitter because i'm not down with them there kids :D)

#17 Edited by damswedon (3196 posts) -

oh shoot i hope we don't get big brother questions
Olivia lee is pre recorded

#18 Posted by delicious_lie (160 posts) -

nothing is pop culture here except stuff that you guys had ages ago
how about that seinfeld guy, huh?

#19 Posted by Kaido (249 posts) -
'The Eastenders'. *Sigh* Jeff...
#20 Posted by MachoFantastico (4787 posts) -

I've heard that James McCourt is going to be the host for the UK 1 vs 100 beta. He is the older brother of Richard McCourt from Dick and Dom. 

A little video of the guy, doesn't seem such a bad choice but I'd prefer Dick and Dom hosting the show!

#21 Posted by GaZZuM (445 posts) -

Woo! Never seen the gameshow but am PSYCHED to play the game, especially after hearing about it on the podcast for what seems like months.

#22 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

Last few days i've been playing it's been launching the UK episode and as far as I can tell the only difference is that instead of the chris in the studio sections we get the stupid back of the head missing ads that are so weird.

#23 Posted by Pazy (2592 posts) -

Ive been interested in playing this for a while but im wondering if it will have a specific UK host. Ill find out soon enough, hopefully at the same time I get new free stuff :)

#24 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -

I like 1 vs 100 and I live in England so it's all good, and Jeff it's just called "Eastenders" not "the Eastenders", but I hate eastenders so there better not be questions about it.

#25 Posted by Nogert (132 posts) -

Just sit next to the PC with google up, you can't lose.

#26 Posted by exfate (426 posts) -

Lol, Eastenders. Well done Jeff, well done.

Been looking forward to giving this a go, if for nothing other than the novelty of it.

Really though, what is the world of gaming coming to? How long before we have Sony trying to emulte Big Brother in Home by locking up their avatars in a virtual house while people watch them have cybersex and grief each other?

#27 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -

So as soon as this game emerges to the UK, my 360 gets the RROD?
Fuckin' A.

#28 Posted by FLStyle (4765 posts) -

Here's the next question:

What's the best way to kill every single member of the Mitchell family:

A) Burn it with fire?
B) Nuke all of Eastenders?
C) Kidnap them and dispose of them in a river?
D) Buy the BBC and half an ending story in which there's a disaster but accidentally (or not) put real bullets in, Bruce Lee style?
#29 Posted by Golden (26 posts) -

Superduper, I cannot wait.

Do you think they would have a UK vs USA special. Or a Celebrity special. It'll be just like Christmas.

Right Im off to watch The Eastenders, drink tea, wear trousers in my castle.

#30 Posted by Zeouterlimits (181 posts) -

UK & ROI. We're not part of the UK. :(

#31 Posted by Yeahbuhwhat (35 posts) -

I'm confused. Last Friday I played 1 vs. 100 against a friend of mine that lives in Oxford, England.

#32 Posted by Reverseface (1221 posts) -

HAHa jeff gonan play UK beta sweet. Maybe there wil be a GRANGE HILL QUESTION

#33 Posted by E_Goldstein (12 posts) -

@FLStyle

Definatly B, maybe we could take out Casualty too?! *excited* \o/

#34 Posted by Metal_Mills (3010 posts) -

Any word on this coming to Australia yet? :(

#35 Posted by SgtReznor (210 posts) -
@Metal_Mills said:
" Any word on this coming to Australia yet? :( "
hahahahahahaha, ahhh, that was a good laugh. Haven't you learned that Microsoft don't give a flying fuck about us Aussies?
#36 Posted by Jimbo (9863 posts) -

Who does?

#37 Posted by bwooduhs (1618 posts) -

Still waiting for a New Zealand and Austrailia one.

#38 Posted by Treppass (123 posts) -
@FlipperDesert:

lol
#39 Posted by Zealand22 (4 posts) -

Hopefully this counts New Zealand as well, Amercian questions iz hard k.

#40 Posted by Metal_Mills (3010 posts) -
@SgtReznor said:
" @Metal_Mills said:
hahahahahahaha, ahhh, that was a good laugh. Haven't you learned that Microsoft don't give a flying fuck about us Aussies? "
I like how we pay the same price for half the fucking features. No community games, no prime time, no video market place. >:(
#41 Posted by ChocolateCoffin (201 posts) -

Jeff... how do you know Eastenders?

#42 Posted by FlipperDesert (2096 posts) -
@Sharkington said:
" I'm confused. Last Friday I played 1 vs. 100 against a friend of mine that lives in Oxford, England. "
He'd have been using a US-based or Canadian (depending on where you live) account to cheat the system.

For reference see: CanadanDracula
#43 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

I really hope all the voices have English accents. I found it so amusing that the iPhone commercials were exactly the same in England except the guy doing the voice work had a English accent.

#44 Posted by dagas (2864 posts) -
@Metal_Mills said:
" @SgtReznor said:
" @Metal_Mills said:
hahahahahahaha, ahhh, that was a good laugh. Haven't you learned that Microsoft don't give a flying fuck about us Aussies? "
I like how we pay the same price for half the fucking features. No community games, no prime time, no video market place. >:( "
I live in a country about the size of New Zealand so I know what you mean. That's just how it is and you can't really blame them, there just isn't enough profit in spending all that time and money to get licenses for all the small nations. It's times like these I wish EU was a nation like the US, then it would be only one license instead of dozens. As it is now it only makes sense for them to care about the large nations in Europe like Germany, France and the UK.
#45 Posted by ShadowDoGG (134 posts) -

It mentions about UK and ROI just not in title so stop moaning.

Secondly, no dont do them rubbish british accents as you don't even properly know what one sounds like. All you go is by them posh accents.

Just like i know not everyone in america sounds like a hillbilly redneck

#46 Posted by Stargate174 (173 posts) -
@exfate said:
Sony trying to emulte Big Brother in Home by locking up their avatars in a virtual house while people watch them have cybersex and grief each other? "
That is just fcking hilarious... Lol
#47 Posted by computerandy9 (35 posts) -

i wish the beta would come to Australia. maybe this version is for Aus. doesn't look like it though. :(

#48 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@ShadowDoGG said:
" It mentions about UK and ROI just not in title so stop moaning.Secondly, no dont do them rubbish british accents as you don't even properly know what one sounds like. All you go is by them posh accents.Just like i know not everyone in america sounds like a hillbilly redneck "
Thanks for knowing that there are various "hillbilly redneck" accents. Just like there are more than your presumptuous douche accent.
#49 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I wonder if we in Sweden are ever getting it....

#50 Posted by beanZfury (60 posts) -

The Canadian version was bunk. Unless they had some loosely associated tie with someone who was from Canada in the 1900's, then I did not see a questioon that was actually tied to Canada.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.