Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

1 vs 100

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released May 08, 2009

Can one Xbox Avatar outlast a mob of 100 other Avatars in trivia? Compete against other players (as either The One, one of The Mob, or a bystander in The Crowd) on Xbox Live in this interactive trivia game based on the TV game show.

1 vs 100 Impressions

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Edited By bwooduhs

So i just finished playing the 1 vs 100 beta on my Canadian Live Account. I had previously watched the Quick Look and thought it looked pretty good and i wasn't disappointed. I've always found trivia games fun and this is even better because of the fact that you are actually playing against thousands of people( it got up to 16000 people at one point). Chris, the live host, talks a lot more frequently than on the Quick Look which is really nice. He took e-mails and phonecalls during his segments which was neat to hear. He also confirmed that prizes are NOT being given away in the beta. One way improve 1 vs 100 is to get someone to speak live as the female host because it got irritating hearing the recoreded voice repeat itself a few times.

I was only in the crowd during the show probably because it was my first time playing. Chris did confirm that people are chosen by there stats to be in the mob or be "The One". But i can imagine it would be pretty intense if you were"The One" or even just in the mob especially when there are prizes on the line. The range of questions is very wide. Questions about  world news, science and entertainment we're all asked, Oddly enough though there wasn't one question asked about a game. The only problem i see 1 vs 100 will have is when prizes are on the line, how many people are just gonna take the money as soon as they can? This will take away one of the best parts of the game( when "The One" makes it to the last part of the Mob). The stand out part of the game was definitly when "The One" made it to the last person in the Mob and had a five or ten minute stale mate where neither of them would get the question wrong.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1  Edited By bwooduhs

So i just finished playing the 1 vs 100 beta on my Canadian Live Account. I had previously watched the Quick Look and thought it looked pretty good and i wasn't disappointed. I've always found trivia games fun and this is even better because of the fact that you are actually playing against thousands of people( it got up to 16000 people at one point). Chris, the live host, talks a lot more frequently than on the Quick Look which is really nice. He took e-mails and phonecalls during his segments which was neat to hear. He also confirmed that prizes are NOT being given away in the beta. One way improve 1 vs 100 is to get someone to speak live as the female host because it got irritating hearing the recoreded voice repeat itself a few times.

I was only in the crowd during the show probably because it was my first time playing. Chris did confirm that people are chosen by there stats to be in the mob or be "The One". But i can imagine it would be pretty intense if you were"The One" or even just in the mob especially when there are prizes on the line. The range of questions is very wide. Questions about  world news, science and entertainment we're all asked, Oddly enough though there wasn't one question asked about a game. The only problem i see 1 vs 100 will have is when prizes are on the line, how many people are just gonna take the money as soon as they can? This will take away one of the best parts of the game( when "The One" makes it to the last part of the Mob). The stand out part of the game was definitly when "The One" made it to the last person in the Mob and had a five or ten minute stale mate where neither of them would get the question wrong.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Bob Sagat is not the host? What a bummer.
    I actually thought it was a pretty neat game show and certainly want to play it when it comes to Live. I just wish Bob Sagat would be there to accompany me on my journey. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.