1 vs 100 is done apparently

#1 Posted by Chris2KLee (2332 posts) -

Kotaku is reporting there will be no new season of 1 vs 100

http://kotaku.com/5587798/microsoft-cans-1-vs-100

looks like MS is shifting the team to a new project.

#2 Posted by Colin (707 posts) -

Not suprised at all.
#3 Posted by VoodooTerror (607 posts) -

i thought it was done ages ago

#4 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

That's too bad. I had some good times with that game. Lets hope whatever they do next is even more exciting.

#5 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
#6 Posted by kurtkless (89 posts) -

I wonder how bad the numbers had to be for them to pull the plug... Any word on if the game itself will cont in re-runs with no new content/prizes, or is it going away all together?  Btw, has anyone seen the terrible tv version? caught a re-run a few nights ago on latenight.... wow was it bad
#7 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Yeah, I'm actually pretty pissed.  I participated both seasons and it was fun to play with family and friends who weren't game savvy, or just to play while laying down and not having to focus a whole lot.  What a stupid decision on Microsoft's part.

#8 Posted by Chris2KLee (2332 posts) -

I never played it because I didn't really like the show, but the idea of a live video game gameshow was an interesting.

#9 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

The game was pretty damn good for the little time that I got to play because my console red ringed. Every time I played there were thousand others that played. I can't see why they would get rid of this. Typical Microsoft, never sticks with anything.

#10 Posted by Chris2KLee (2332 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" The game was pretty damn good for the little time that I got to play because my console red ringed. Every time I played there were thousand others that played. I can't see why they would get rid of this. Typical Microsoft, never sticks with anything. "
I wonder if the license ran out or something, and MS didn't want to renegotiate. Maybe the team is working on a new gameshow that MS will own the IP of.
#11 Edited by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

That sucks. I liked 1 v 100 oh well.
#12 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Chris2KLee said:
" @ch13696 said:
" The game was pretty damn good for the little time that I got to play because my console red ringed. Every time I played there were thousand others that played. I can't see why they would get rid of this. Typical Microsoft, never sticks with anything. "
I wonder if the license ran out or something, and MS didn't want to renegotiate. Maybe the team is working on a new gameshow that MS will own the IP of. "
The license didn't run out. We can't say what they're doing until this new thing comes out. In a way I'm kinda pissed.
#13 Posted by Grilledcheez (3945 posts) -

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! 

#14 Edited by Thiago123 (382 posts) -

That's disappointing but not surprising.  I played quite a bit during both seasons and enjoyed the improvements they made from beta to season 1, but noticed the attendance dropped considerably by the end of season 1.  Still I had a lot of fun with it when playing with friends (I even won a copy of Carcassone and some points when I got into the mob), and it was one of the few games I could play with my wife (other than the Lego games or the occasional split screen on L4D).  The live game show concept is great and I hope they come out with something similar.

#15 Posted by Marcsman (3177 posts) -

That really does suck. The only reason I wanted a 360 was because of that game. Big Bummer.
#16 Posted by JDUB_XL (460 posts) -

Sad now. I went ahead and edited the wiki with past tense.

#17 Posted by Zidd (1841 posts) -

It was fun while it lasted. At least I got into the mob during prime time.

#18 Posted by SavUK (79 posts) -

That's a shame. I enjoyed playing now and then, seemed like a neat idea. 

#19 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

Add me to the disappointed list. I'd really been looking forward to Season 3. =(

#20 Posted by PenguinDust (12478 posts) -

It was a good idea that never had much follow through.  Microsoft needed to get Velocitygirl on the project to keep it fresh.  

#21 Posted by mubblegum (250 posts) -

I oddly enough did actually delete it off my hard drive two days ago to make space... but did enjoy the game. Shame.

#22 Edited by tyger_cheex (82 posts) -
#23 Posted by carlthenimrod (1592 posts) -

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#24 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

I never got to try it. T_T

#25 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

This is actually kind of tragic. It was a crucial part of my friday nights last summer.

#26 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -

Looks like they are just canning the game, I can't imagine they won't take those ideas and build it into a different project. Wasn't too shocked or upset, though, but I wouldn't have minded trying to grind out whatever achievements I had left to get in that game.

#27 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2483 posts) -

What a shame, I was hoping that if it garnered enough success a version would be developed for Australia.

#28 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

Not surprised, it was kinda useless. I didn't have much fun playing it.

#29 Posted by newslowsad (74 posts) -

This was a lot of fun. Big fail by Microsoft. My fiancee and I were really looking forward to another season.

#30 Posted by zonerover (584 posts) -

I liked the Quick Look of it, although I never did play the game. Seemed like a good format for a 'MMO-quiz', but I can understand the format wearing out by now. Hope the team come up with something else good.

#31 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

That kinda sucked, I had a good time with 1 vs. 100. Microsoft's 'Prime Time' project has ended up being nothing like they said it would be though. I wonder if whatever Microsoft has planned next will be free.

#32 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

I haven't seen it on my dashboard for probably close to 10 months....

#33 Posted by skyline7284 (505 posts) -

Loved playing the game with my friends every weekend, really bummer they let it go.  The competing of scores was a lot of fun and i think 1vs100 was the best use of avatars to date.  It was all just a fun time, and as someone who logged a lot of time in it, i'm sad to see it go =(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.