Chris Cashman On The End Of 1 vs. 100

• 72 results
#51 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Damn, I really enjoyed this game.

#52 Posted by simian (865 posts) -

I always wondered why Chris Cashman sounded familiar. He's the son of Pat Cashman (Seattlites know who I'm talking about).

#53 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2511 posts) -

I played it a lot when it first came out...
I suppose it's partly my fault for not playing it recently...
sucks too, I really did enjoy it.

It's kinda weird, also... they had 1 vs. 100 in that Kinect promo video back when it was shown at E3 2009, as Natal... now we'll never get to play it that way.

Oh well, I'm sure there's got to be some other awesome game show coming to Xbox LIVE...

I'm hoping for Cash Cab!

#54 Posted by evilhomer (429 posts) -
@simian said:
" I always wondered why Chris Cashman sounded familiar. He's the son of Pat Cashman (Seattlites know who I'm talking about). "
holy shit you are right!!     I had never made that connection before =P
#55 Posted by Kinsella (59 posts) -

What is Kiwi?
#56 Posted by PlasmaMachine (249 posts) -

Take the Family Guy approach to 1 vs. 100: Put it on adultswim.com in rerun plays of the game, wait for a cult fanbase to appreciate it, then have Microsoft put out new seasons out of yearning spite.

#57 Posted by SneakyPenguins (242 posts) -
@Kinsella: During the second season it was a running joke that he had an obsession with kiwi
#58 Posted by Little_Socrates (5683 posts) -

Way sad, there were about five reasons this was one of the best things about Gold subscription, and now it's gone. Hopefully, they'll give us another game that literally every Gold subscriber can access...XP

#59 Posted by Syphous (170 posts) -

I never actually played this. These comments make it sound like I missed out.

#60 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

I only played it once or twice.  Good idea, but I didn't care for the execution.

#61 Posted by KillerBears (248 posts) -

Man, I wanted to see this go somewhere

#62 Edited by JoshS (416 posts) -

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but some of you guys are acting confused as to why Microsoft would stop 1 vs 100. Didn't the other article from a couple days ago say something along the lines of Cashman being in a LIVE game and talking to nobody but himself because nobody was there?  That may have been a hypothetical, but I don't feel like going back and reading again to check.

#63 Posted by omgmetalgear (141 posts) -

honestly, I forgot about this game. and the host.

#64 Posted by WEGGLES (739 posts) -
@JoshS: 
What?

There were always people playing, even the extended play with out the live host.
#65 Posted by carlthenimrod (1596 posts) -
@JoshS said:
" Forgive me if I'm wrong, but some of you guys are acting confused as to why Microsoft would stop 1 vs 100. Didn't the other article from a couple days ago say something along the lines of Cashman being in a LIVE game and talking to nobody but himself because nobody was there?  That may have been a hypothetical, but I don't feel like going back and reading again to check. "
You are wrong. But I forgive you.
#66 Posted by CowsWithGuns (216 posts) -

Man the way the primetime channel was built on xbox live made it look like they were gonna add a whole library of games into their live show host show type deal.  What are you doing Microsoft? Is 1 vs 100 not casual enough for you?  You got to go for kinectimels?  (sigh, shakes head, turns on ps3)  And good luck to you Chris! Besides the constant advertising for microsoft on the show you made a great host!

#67 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

Keep on keeping on, Chris Cashman!

#68 Posted by Devil240Z (3396 posts) -

Really liked the idea of the game but rarely got a chance to play. And never during the live sessions. They need to make up a non licensed gameshow game and hire Chris Cashman again. 

#69 Posted by memo (421 posts) -

That sucks...THey should of stuck with it, it had a decent following, amazingly my family sat around to watch each other play this

#70 Edited by carlthenimrod (1596 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:

" They need to make up a non licensed gameshow game and hire Chris Cashman again.  "

It'll probably be a kinect related trivia game so... Kinectivia..?
#71 Posted by briaooon9 (5 posts) -

very sad....come on MS you just took one of my perks for my gold subscription away & the one game my wife played ;(

#72 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I remember last year, around the same time, the dudes fell in love with Chris Cashman and it was hilarious. Although  I never played the game, I can say the idea sounds really progressive so it's a bummer to see it get canceled.

#73 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5441 posts) -

Nooooooo I loved 1 vs. 100 :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.