Other Primetime Gameshows

#1 Posted by Tregard (140 posts) -

From what I remember, originally Primetime was to have alot of shows on it, with Fear Factor and Big Brother being mentioned along with 1 vs. 100. However, 1 vs 100 is still all we've had for it. What other shows would you like to see on Primetime?

Personally I'd like to see Duel and PokerFace, two great gameshows that would work great on Xbox Live. 

Duel Video Here

PokerFace Video Here

#2 Edited by Trace (3543 posts) -

Duel would be an excellent addition to Primetime, and I still wish it was around on US TV. A new timer mechanism would be necessary to prevent players using the Internet to search for answers, perhaps through eliminating the press/accelerator option and only giving 5-7 seconds to answer every question.

I wouldn't mind seeing You Don't Know Jack become a Primetime title, and I'm hoping that Jellyvision's secretly working on that right now. I remember playing the online "live" shows of YDKJ back when it was a part of the Bezerk network, and it was quite enjoyable.

Another title I'd love to see is Inquizition, which had a really nice bare-bones format, and fired off questions even faster than 1 vs. 100 Extended Play. Unfortunately, since it's a GSN original game show, it's owned by Sony, so the chances of a show like this on Primetime are slim to none.

Unfortunately, too many game shows have significant human aspects to them that would make them unsuitable for Xbox Live Primetime, since it's apparent Microsoft doesn't want to give featured contestants like The One a chance to talk and converse (and rightly so). This eliminates a lot of the fun of games like Friend or Foe?, Golden Balls, or PokerFace, and completely ensures reality competitions like Big Brother and Fear Factor would never work. Looking at Endemol's portfolio of games, I suppose Deal or No Deal could be made into a workable Primetime title, but to make it interesting for viewers there'd need to be a lot of prognostication, beyond what even the Australian version offers.
#3 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -

I think Duel would be a great game for Xbox LIVE primetime. They seem to be gaining quite a few players just through 1 vs. 100 though.

#4 Posted by Tregard (140 posts) -
@PsEG said:

" Duel would be an excellent addition to Primetime, and I still wish it was around on US TV. A new timer mechanism would be necessary to prevent players using the Internet to search for answers, perhaps through eliminating the press/accelerator option and only giving 5-7 seconds to answer every question.

I wouldn't mind seeing You Don't Know Jack become a Primetime title, and I'm hoping that Jellyvision's secretly working on that right now. I remember playing the online "live" shows of YDKJ back when it was a part of the Bezerk network, and it was quite enjoyable.

Another title I'd love to see is Inquizition, which had a really nice bare-bones format, and fired off questions even faster than 1 vs. 100 Extended Play. Unfortunately, since it's a GSN original game show, it's owned by Sony, so the chances of a show like this on Primetime are slim to none.

Unfortunately, too many game shows have significant human aspects to them that would make them unsuitable for Xbox Live Primetime, since it's apparent Microsoft doesn't want to give featured contestants like The One a chance to talk and converse (and rightly so). This eliminates a lot of the fun of games like Friend or Foe?, Golden Balls, or PokerFace, and completely ensures reality competitions like Big Brother and Fear Factor would never work. Looking at Endemol's portfolio of games, I suppose Deal or No Deal could be made into a workable Primetime title, but to make it interesting for viewers there'd need to be a lot of prognostication, beyond what even the Australian version offers. "

It's annoying that they can't make the human aspects work, because that would make so many more gameshows work with it. It irritates me that the 1 vs 100 trailer has people speaking in it, it always makes me think they've worked out a way to do it.
#5 Posted by empfeix (774 posts) -

That Inquizition show is cool, thanks for sharing it.  But Poker Face made no sense from the video you linked.  Obviously you would have to watch the whole show to make sens of it.  Duel looked fun too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.