What U.S. Giant Bombers are going to play the Beta tonight?

#1 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -

I'm pretty excited! I've been waiting to play this Beta since last years E3! So who else is playin the Beta tonight?

#2 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

I think i will.

#3 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I am. How can we pass up prizes?

#4 Edited by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

The Beta doesn't have real prizes.  And by that I mean, you can get prizes if you're the ONE, and you go all the way and eliminate everyone. It happened once in the Canadian Beta.

#5 Posted by elbaso (6 posts) -

I'm definitly gonna have a look. I was a fan of the TV show.

#6 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Not me, mainly because I don't have Gold right now.

#7 Posted by Player1 (3863 posts) -

What time is it? 

Also can you go in with a party? If so send me a friend request, and we can play together. 
#8 Posted by Dethfish (3646 posts) -

I was going to but of course my gold membership ran out a couple days ago.

#9 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -
Player1 said:
What time is it? Also can you go in with a party? If so send me a friend request, and ... [more]
I don't think we can play with a party bro, but good luck!
#10 Posted by Slunks (329 posts) -

I'll be on as well with a few of some other G-bomb friends.

#11 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I will do my best to go online.  Already have experience with the Canadian beta.  Might try to get one of my real life friends involved.

#12 Posted by jakob187 (21663 posts) -

There's a beta tonight?  Damn.  I'll probably be achievement whoring.

#13 Edited by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

I will be online. What are the freaking chances of becoming the One, though.

#14 Posted by EpicSteve (6483 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" I am. How can we pass up prizes? "
It's beta, so I'm not sure prizes will be given out.
#15 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
@EpicSteve: You may be right. I'll be playing either way.
#16 Posted by EpicSteve (6483 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" @EpicSteve: You may be right. I'll be playing either way. "
Yeah, me to. Especially this weekend where the trivia will revolve around E3 stuff.
#17 Posted by cinemandrew (711 posts) -

I might try it. I can't really play anything else since I'll have (non-gamer) company at my house for the week.

#18 Posted by StarFoxA (5146 posts) -

I checked about 15 seconds after 10:30, and it was already full.

#19 Posted by RobtheRobot (90 posts) -

I'm pissed man i was waiting for it and still couldn't get it! Is this how it will always be? Cause if so that sucks! I guess it'll always be full since they are offering real prizes.

#20 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I didn't even know it was tonight! Nonetheless, probably a "no" for me. I still have school :(

#21 Edited by SenatorSpacer (432 posts) -

Holy shit it's tonight? What time in pacific time zone?

EDIT: Nah, nevermind I missed it.
#22 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Wow it can't possibly be just 101 people. By the way it runs from 9:30 - 11:30. This better be a fucking bug.

#23 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -

This is ridicous! How do they expect us to get in!!!

#24 Posted by Jinto (189 posts) -

Just finished the live beta. It was incredible, I'm serious!

#25 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -
@Jinto said:
" Just finished the live beta. It was incredible, I'm serious! "
Dick.
#26 Posted by VitaminWaterYum (381 posts) -

Just got my internet fixed in time to get one game in. Got in the mob my first time around, preeeeeeetty awesome.

#27 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Played it was fun.  Got over 100K total points so far :3

#28 Posted by datarez (549 posts) -

I played tonight.  It was pretty fun.  A little long though.  It wasn't until halfway through that I got in a group with their mics on.  The first half was a little boring because of that.  I didn't get in the mob but someone in my 4 did go up there in the last game.  Oh and they need to make the female announcer a live person.  Those canned voices got old after the first hour.

#29 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3657 posts) -

Can you imagine trying to play World of Warcraft and being told that you can't because the game is full? Well, that's the shit I went through repeatedly as I tried to join the first game of the 1 vs 100 US beta.

Complete and total failure, Microsoft. That sucked.

#30 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

Can anyone confirm if prizes are real?

#31 Posted by datarez (549 posts) -

Prizes were not real.  Chris was saying that at pretty much every break.  Not real while in beta he was saying.  He also mentioned that they'll probably open it up to more players in the crowd for Saturday.  There were over 50k in the crowd tonight.

#32 Posted by Milkman (16664 posts) -
@SpaceInsomniac said:
" Can you imagine trying to play World of Warcraft and being told that you can't because the game is full?  "
Uhh...actually....that can happen. If you try to log in to WoW and the server is full, you have to wait in a queue.
#33 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3657 posts) -
@Milkman said:
"
@SpaceInsomniac said:
" Can you imagine trying to play World of Warcraft and being told that you can't because the game is full?  "
Uhh...actually....that can happen. If you try to log in to WoW and the server is full, you have to wait in a queue. "
Wow, really?  I just thought that would be a good example.  I've never actually played WoW.  Well, the same argument with Halo 3 then. :)
#34 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@SpaceInsomniac said:
" Can you imagine trying to play World of Warcraft and being told that you can't because the game is full? Well, that's the shit I went through repeatedly as I tried to join the first game of the 1 vs 100 US beta. Complete and total failure, Microsoft. That sucked. "
Supposedly starting Saturday they'll take away the 50k limit.
#35 Posted by ZombieKitty (103 posts) -

The beta was awesome. I never had a problem getting in. It's really fun to play. I can't wait for the real one.

#36 Posted by Jackel2072 (2254 posts) -

i got into the beta. and i must say, that was the most fun i have had on my 360 in a long fucking time!

P.S.
the player cap is bull shit! im sorry for every one who didn't get in. i only hope this doesn't sour your interpetation of the game. it really is all that and a bag of potato chips

#37 Posted by Slunks (329 posts) -

I hopped in with a party of friends and had the time of my life last night. Seemed like everyone else enjoyed it as well.

I was apart of a few epic games. One of them was where mutantdog123 won the game, and another was where it was 1v1 for a little bit. By far, the craziest match was created by one simple question early on in the game: "At what point does water freeze?" Obviously, the answer is 32 degrees, and EVERYBODY slammed the answer for 32 ... Celsius. It was the first answer to appear, so nearly 60-70 people hit it, including The One. There was much screaming going on in the group, but it was hilarious to see so many people do the same thing.

Can't wait for the next one, and it'll be especially interesting when there are real prizes involved. I did pretty well last night, and would have won about 600 Microsoft points.

#38 Posted by Jackel2072 (2254 posts) -
@datarez said:
" I played tonight.  It was pretty fun.  A little long though.  It wasn't until halfway through that I got in a group with their mics on.  The first half was a little boring because of that.  I didn't get in the mob but someone in my 4 did go up there in the last game.  Oh and they need to make the female announcer a live person.  Those canned voices got old after the first hour. "
i completely agree with you that they need a live person to do the female voice. even if the canned one is Cortana. But yes 1 vs 100 is fucking awesome i had a blast!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.