The NintenDownload X-press! Returns...

#101 Posted by Triphos (82 posts) -

Better than the bombcast

#102 Posted by Themanohall (397 posts) -

A half hour of nothing but downloadable Nintendo shovelware? COUNT ME IN!

#103 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

riding the train

#104 Edited by Babylonian (837 posts) -

HOLD UP. Wait a minute. Am I crazy, or is the ambient background music on this episode the Wii Shop song slowed down 800%,  "J. BIEBZ - U SMILE 800% SLOWER"-style? 

Jeff Gerstmann, you sly motherfucker.

#105 Posted by CrazedMaverick (215 posts) -

Hahaha. Jeff totally duped Vinny and Brad. 

#106 Posted by Willin (1282 posts) -

Fuck Ryan Davis! Live the good life Jeff!

#107 Posted by benpicko (2010 posts) -
@Jeff: When will this get nominated for an Award?
#108 Posted by Bistromath (632 posts) -

I love that shop music.

OH!

#109 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Great way to end the day. 

#110 Posted by princess_zelda (53 posts) -

I actually think the 3DS shop will be a lot better than the DSi, simply because 100% of 3DS owners will have access to it. DSi owners didn't make up enough of the DS owning public to warrant making DSiWare games over retail DS games. If the e-shop was only included in the third model of 3DSes, it would flame out just as hard. 

#111 Posted by Nerdboxer (17 posts) -

Ryan can't tell me what to do anymore.

#112 Edited by kerse (2117 posts) -

so funny 

should we wait for ryan to get here?  

he'll be here later, he said to start without him

#113 Posted by Milkman (17030 posts) -

Oh my god. This is fucking hilarious. I love this website.

#114 Posted by OmegaAmen (42 posts) -

Jeff, this is brilliant!

#115 Posted by Bistromath (632 posts) -

Oh dang, Dave?

This podcast has surpassed all expectations.

#116 Posted by Mayu_Zane (611 posts) -

Fantastic, good to hear other members of the GB crew joining in.

#117 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Good times are expected on this train ride! CHOO_CHOO!!!!!!!!

#118 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

That first half had me laughing so much.

#119 Posted by MisterMouse (3560 posts) -

BEST NintenDonwload X-Press YET!

#120 Posted by Crushed (884 posts) -

BREAKING NEWS:

3DS games will have cash values, not any kind of points or tokens or coins.

JEFF GERSTMANN, RESPONSE????????

#121 Posted by AgentMOO (186 posts) -

CAN'T STOP THE E-SHOP ROCK!

#122 Edited by ALavaPenguin (191 posts) -

Wow just started listening I am not even joking this is even way better than the bombcast this was just amazing.  I can't wait to hear more about the E-shop!  Way better music too.  Dave is awesome too he is a great guest.

#123 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -

KEEP RUNNING THAT TRAIN JEFF.

#124 Posted by MadLaughter (202 posts) -

I honestly laughed for like 5 minutes straight.  The whole flipout and the 'find a guest' intermission.

#125 Posted by DystopiaX (5335 posts) -

The theme for this is awesome.

#126 Posted by xanavi (179 posts) -

This is an awesome Death Ray Radio thing you've got going on here. Don't stop!

#127 Posted by Chris2KLee (2337 posts) -

The resistance lives!

#128 Posted by ScaryGaryofAk (50 posts) -

Jeff for the love of all things great in life keep going, This podcast is both amazingly hilarious as well as entertaining thank you for all your hard work and stick to it duder! 

#129 Posted by monster9999 (393 posts) -

lol in the 1942 thread

#130 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

WOO WOOOOOOO! 

'UKNOW WA' 'M SAYIN'?

#131 Posted by ADV215 (44 posts) -

I FULLY SUPPORT THIS ENDEAVOR!

#132 Posted by Sauson (561 posts) -

lol Brad and Vinny acting confused was pretty god damn brilliant. Love that you're doing this, keep it up because this is one of the best things to happen since the Persona Endurance Run.

#133 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I hope this really keeps going and it's not just a way for Jeff to fuck with Ryan. Is this turning into a real fight between Ryan and Jeff? Am I getting flash backs of hiding in the closet while my parents fight?  

Anyway, NintenDownload X-press ROCKS!  

Keep that train ROLLIN! CHOOO! CHOOO!

#134 Posted by MisterSamMan (365 posts) -

Haha trapped FOREVER IN THE JEFF PODCAST!!!

#135 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

SPOILER ALERT: It awesome!!!

#136 Posted by Cerberus (6 posts) -

I loved the NintenDownload section of the Bombcast, so I'm happy to hear it's not dead yet. I was a little bummed when everyone decided to peace and leave Jeff by himself. I really just wish the section would be reincorporated into the regular Bombcast. But if that doesn't happen, please keep making these!

#137 Posted by Zaccheus (1797 posts) -

iTunes rejected it... What?

#138 Posted by Korwin (2894 posts) -

Mate do you have any way to track how many people are jumping on board with this thing?  Next time Ryan rips on it you can claim that "The numbers don't lie".

#139 Posted by Pepsiman (2485 posts) -
@W0lfbl1tzers said:
" @Claude said:
" Ryan needs to get in here and shut this shit down. "
 Stop being a goddamned commie, Claude! "
I'm a commie and I support this endeavor! I assure you, not all commies are against this!
#140 Posted by KittenMitten (111 posts) -

Excellent slow burn.  I didn't realize what was happening to Vinny and Brad until just before they did.

#141 Posted by xanavi (179 posts) -

It's like I'm listening to Giant Bomb's own Death Ray Radio segment. This is hilarious.

#142 Posted by BaconGames (3488 posts) -

It was great up until Dave left and Jeff was all depressed.  You could hear Jeff getting pulled down by the rest of the guys to stop and it's so sad.  I'm getting legitimately bothered at the rest of the crew for putting Jeff down like that.

This would be a great segment if there was someone to bounce the readings off of.  This is why having Brad or Vinny was so refreshing.  Admittedly still great that they got duped but honestly if Jeff is gonna put down he will break.  All I'm saying is fight the fight and make this work because I know it can.

#143 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Pepsiman said:
" @W0lfbl1tzers said:
" @Claude said:
" Ryan needs to get in here and shut this shit down. "
 Stop being a goddamned commie, Claude! "
I'm a commie and I support this endeavor! I assure you, not all commies are against this! "
I'm a super double agent. I'm against the Wii. God bless the U.S.A..
#144 Posted by milhous (15 posts) -

Jeff's brilliant combination of crazed readings and deep, existential despair makes this so, so great.

#145 Posted by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -

This is the ONLY Bombcast as far as i'm concerned.

#146 Posted by Geralt (327 posts) -

Ryan needs to inform Shelby about this. First Gameroom and now this.
True friends shouldn't let Jeff getting himself hurt again :1

#147 Edited by HibikiRush (154 posts) -
@Tuffgong said:

" It was great up until Dave left and Jeff was all depressed.  You could hear Jeff getting pulled down by the rest of the guys to stop and it's so sad.  I'm getting legitimately bothered at the rest of the crew for putting Jeff down like that.

This would be a great segment if there was someone to bounce the readings off of.  This is why having Brad or Vinny was so refreshing.  Admittedly still great that they got duped but honestly if Jeff is gonna put down he will break.  All I'm saying is fight the fight and make this work because I know it can. "

Um, you do realize they were in on this right?  
#148 Posted by Crushed (884 posts) -

I just realized that Jeff is doing this because he can no longer hurt himself with Game Room.

He needs to feel pain in order to feel alive. :(

#149 Posted by bonbolapti (1617 posts) -

Episode 2 came in pretty strong, I'm stoked for next week to see how this story unfolds!

#150 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -
@Tuffgong said:
" It was great up until Dave left and Jeff was all depressed.  You could hear Jeff getting pulled down by the rest of the guys to stop and it's so sad.  I'm getting legitimately bothered at the rest of the crew for putting Jeff down like that.

This would be a great segment if there was someone to bounce the readings off of.  This is why having Brad or Vinny was so refreshing.  Admittedly still great that they got duped but honestly if Jeff is gonna put down he will break.  All I'm saying is fight the fight and make this work because I know it can. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.