Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

1C Company

Company »

1C Company is one of the largest Russian software developers / publishers.

The 1C Complete Pack and Me. Cannon Strike.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By AlexW00d

This one’s just a short one.

SAVE THE SCIENTISTS.

Here we have another old RTS, at least, I think it’s old. None of these games have Wikipedia pages for me to check. The game at least ran at native res, which was nice.

The game is pretty similar to Cuban Missile Crisis, which oddly came before, even though clearly should have come after. I guess those pesky Swede’s don’t know the alphabet? Anyway, the game is another War time RTS where you can play as the USSR or the Allies, which makes me assume it’s Cold War era? I’m not too sure.

No Caption Provided

The game isn’t as ‘in-depth’ as other RTS games, and has some more arcadey elements to it, but it’s still not particularly easy; I managed to get my arse handed to me on the first mission. You can control units of infantry and armour, and you need to take over settlements and wipe out the enemy. The game doesn’t have any options other than move or attack, which is kind of weird, but I think you can obtain some sort of power-up style upgrades further into the game.

Then the game dumped me into a weird direct control mode where I controlled a single tank and had to clear a map full of enemy tanks, infantry, and AT, and to no surprise I died fairly quickly.

The game looked alright, for a game that I would guess at being at least 7 years old; a cool style that allows it to stray away from any sort of fancy effects.

The game has terrible voice acting; the supposed Russian accent my captain has sounds like someone impersonating a Scotsman, poorly. The game also has some kinda nice music playing as you go through, slightly rocky with some violins and such; nothing amazing, but suited the game at least.

The game isn’t all too good. Admittedly, it’s one of the better games in the pack thus far, but that’s hardly saying something.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By AlexW00d

This one’s just a short one.

SAVE THE SCIENTISTS.

Here we have another old RTS, at least, I think it’s old. None of these games have Wikipedia pages for me to check. The game at least ran at native res, which was nice.

The game is pretty similar to Cuban Missile Crisis, which oddly came before, even though clearly should have come after. I guess those pesky Swede’s don’t know the alphabet? Anyway, the game is another War time RTS where you can play as the USSR or the Allies, which makes me assume it’s Cold War era? I’m not too sure.

No Caption Provided

The game isn’t as ‘in-depth’ as other RTS games, and has some more arcadey elements to it, but it’s still not particularly easy; I managed to get my arse handed to me on the first mission. You can control units of infantry and armour, and you need to take over settlements and wipe out the enemy. The game doesn’t have any options other than move or attack, which is kind of weird, but I think you can obtain some sort of power-up style upgrades further into the game.

Then the game dumped me into a weird direct control mode where I controlled a single tank and had to clear a map full of enemy tanks, infantry, and AT, and to no surprise I died fairly quickly.

The game looked alright, for a game that I would guess at being at least 7 years old; a cool style that allows it to stray away from any sort of fancy effects.

The game has terrible voice acting; the supposed Russian accent my captain has sounds like someone impersonating a Scotsman, poorly. The game also has some kinda nice music playing as you go through, slightly rocky with some violins and such; nothing amazing, but suited the game at least.

The game isn’t all too good. Admittedly, it’s one of the better games in the pack thus far, but that’s hardly saying something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.