Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

1C Company

Company »

1C Company is one of the largest Russian software developers / publishers.

The 1C Complete Pack and Me. Desert Law.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By AlexW00d

Desert Law, a game about deserts, and law.

Yo, Bred.

Upon loading the game and hitting new game, I was greeted with a cartoon strip that gave a little bit of story in a nice manner. The panels would show up on a timer so you had to read them one by one; or, you know, you could just skip them and get straight into the game.

No Caption Provided

Now, the game: it’s a post-apocalyptic RTS set in a desert, a similar aesthetic to Rage - I think, I didn’t actually play Rage. The map screen and the on screen UI seems to be exactly the same as in Cuban Missile Crisis which I guess is nice? At least I am familiar with it. And I guess 1C own the rights to these games so it’s not a problem. I’d try and work out what engine they run on, but no website on the planet has much documented on these games, which kind of sucks.

The game is a mixture of vehicular and infantry combat, but the vehicular side definitely seems to take precedent. You get proper characters as well as just units, and these characters can be levelled up in an RPG style manner, which is helpful as you’ll always be controlling at least one of them.

No Caption Provided

The missions I was given were all just roll over to this point with your units, kill anything on the way, and either kill units at the point, or meet with another person. The game would throw units at you occasionally, but you were always going to survive, as the AI seemed ok at attacking without me telling them to, just issuing an ‘attack whoever you see whilst travelling to here’ order. I never lost a unit, and only one became slightly injured, but I gained a mechanic character, and was able to heal up and continue without needing to worry about anything.

That was about it with this game really; it wasn’t particularly special, with the post-apocalyptic setting being its ISP I guess. The UI and controls were pretty basic, and there wasn’t much to drag you in and engross you, nothing bad though.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AlexW00d

Desert Law, a game about deserts, and law.

Yo, Bred.

Upon loading the game and hitting new game, I was greeted with a cartoon strip that gave a little bit of story in a nice manner. The panels would show up on a timer so you had to read them one by one; or, you know, you could just skip them and get straight into the game.

No Caption Provided

Now, the game: it’s a post-apocalyptic RTS set in a desert, a similar aesthetic to Rage - I think, I didn’t actually play Rage. The map screen and the on screen UI seems to be exactly the same as in Cuban Missile Crisis which I guess is nice? At least I am familiar with it. And I guess 1C own the rights to these games so it’s not a problem. I’d try and work out what engine they run on, but no website on the planet has much documented on these games, which kind of sucks.

The game is a mixture of vehicular and infantry combat, but the vehicular side definitely seems to take precedent. You get proper characters as well as just units, and these characters can be levelled up in an RPG style manner, which is helpful as you’ll always be controlling at least one of them.

No Caption Provided

The missions I was given were all just roll over to this point with your units, kill anything on the way, and either kill units at the point, or meet with another person. The game would throw units at you occasionally, but you were always going to survive, as the AI seemed ok at attacking without me telling them to, just issuing an ‘attack whoever you see whilst travelling to here’ order. I never lost a unit, and only one became slightly injured, but I gained a mechanic character, and was able to heal up and continue without needing to worry about anything.

That was about it with this game really; it wasn’t particularly special, with the post-apocalyptic setting being its ISP I guess. The UI and controls were pretty basic, and there wasn’t much to drag you in and engross you, nothing bad though.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

You have to give them some credit, they do find some pretty unique combos of mechanics. That's looks like a cross between the original Fallout and Renegade Ops (Only bad)

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

@Mikemcn said:

You have to give them some credit, they do find some pretty unique combos of mechanics. That's looks like a cross between the original Fallout and Renegade Ops (Only bad)

That sounds like it'd be a great game tbf, and this isn't necessarily a bad game, but it's just boring. It might get better, but I guess I'll never know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.