50 Cent: Blood On The Sand is canned!

#1 Edited by AttackedCamo (821 posts) -

Update! Read now!:
Here is the update from Kotaku.

"Update, We Got it Wrong, Wrong, Wrong: Turns out that our internal sources were slightly confused and despite our best efforts we got it wrong. While I'm still waiting for some sort of official word from the companies involved, this is what we've heard: While 50-Cent: Blood on the Sand was indeed jettisoned by Activision, the project isn't dead. In fact we're told that it is approaching gold and that a deal, perhaps with THQ as publisher, is in the wings."

Stop screwing with my mind Kotaku!

Original post:

Kotaku is reporting that 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand has been canned. 

"Remember 50 Cent II, the sequel to discography-cum-video game 50-Cent: Bulletproof? The game that Sierra named 50-Cent: Blood on the Sand? The one that has a love-interest, slick graphics and tons of blood?

Yeah, it's dead. Caught in the unflinching cogs of big video game business, mergers, and close downs, we hear. Victim of a flooded genre and a potential publisher with one too many shooters on its hands.

But don't cry for Fifty. We hear the G-Unit-sporting rapper got his appearance cash, while Swordfish, the team behind the budding game, is likely to get sold off.

You gotta love this business."

News from,
http://kotaku.com/5052007/50-cent-blood-on-the-sand-is-dead-dead-dead

Lets all be honest though...who didn't see this one coming?

#2 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -
Vader expresses my feelings.
#3 Posted by Rowr (5824 posts) -

i cant work out if this is a win or a loss.

#4 Posted by pause422 (6249 posts) -

Thank god.

#5 Posted by Solid_SnakeXx (1771 posts) -
AttackedCamo said:
"Kotaku is reporting that 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand has been canned. 

"Remember 50 Cent II, the sequel to discography-cum-video game 50-Cent: Bulletproof? The game that Sierra named 50-Cent: Blood on the Sand? The one that has a love-interest, slick graphics and tons of blood?

Yeah, it's dead. Caught in the unflinching cogs of big video game business, mergers, and close downs, we hear. Victim of a flooded genre and a potential publisher with one too many shooters on its hands.

But don't cry for Fifty. We hear the G-Unit-sporting rapper got his appearance cash, while Swordfish, the team behind the budding game, is likely to get sold off.

You gotta love this business."

News from,
http://kotaku.com/5052007/50-cent-blood-on-the-sand-is-dead-dead-dead

Lets all be honest though...who didn't see this one coming?

"
I didnt, i actually tho it was going to be a good game ;(
#6 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

I see there is still a measure of justice in this world.

#7 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

Meh, no big loss.

#8 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Fucking yes!!!!!

#9 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

No, I wanted this game so bad. Bullet proof was awesome.

#10 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

D:

#11 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -
Ma7moud said:
"No, I wanted this game so bad. Bullet proof was awesome."
you are officially banned from Giant Bomb.
i have just one thing to say in response to this announcement

HALLE-FUCKING-LUIAH

#12 Posted by Terrell (417 posts) -

From the previews I read, it sounded like it was shaping up to be a pretty good game.  Gameplay like The Club (a very unappreciated game) but only bloodier with a hip-hop vibe.  I guess some game had to get cut though...

#13 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Worst thing is, I saw thie trailer and I thought it didn't look that bad. Looked like it could have been so bad and just odd that it was good.

#14 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Huh.
I thought I heard something about it being canceled a few weeks back.

#15 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

We can rest a little easier tonight.

#16 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

#17 Edited by Hexogen (766 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

In all seriousness though, I totally would've bought this just for the sheer baditude.

#18 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

I was totally gonna rent this game and play it for 20 minutes. Now that dream has been shattered. :(

#19 Posted by Tearhead (2219 posts) -

:') ... God does answer prayers.

#20 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Rowr said:
"i cant work out if this is a win or a loss."
It's a win... A major win!
#21 Posted by Hexogen (766 posts) -

Kotaku just updated the story and said that it might not be canned after all. It might just end up being published by someone else. There is still hope left!

#22 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOW 50 WILL NEVER GET HIS CRYSTAL SKULL BACK!

#23 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Hexogen said:
"Kotaku just updated the story and said that it might not be canned after all. It might just end up being published by someone else. There is still hope left!"
Crap! I thought it was over. :(
#24 Posted by MattyFTM (14434 posts) -
Hexogen said:
"Kotaku just updated the story and said that it might not be canned after all. It might just end up being published by someone else. There is still hope left!"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
#25 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

DUN DUN DUN..! it's the large hadron collider i'm tellin ya

#26 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -
#27 Posted by AttackedCamo (821 posts) -

Here is the update from Kotaku.

"Update, We Got it Wrong, Wrong, Wrong: Turns out that our internal sources were slightly confused and despite our best efforts we got it wrong. While I'm still waiting for some sort of official word from the companies involved, this is what we've heard: While 50-Cent: Blood on the Sand was indeed jettisoned by Activision, the project isn't dead. In fact we're told that it is approaching gold and that a deal, perhaps with THQ as publisher, is in the wings."

Stop screwing with my mind Kotaku!

#28 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

In  the words of the Foo Fighters,

Why'd you have to go 
And let it die
Why'd you have to go
And let it die
Why'd you have to go
And let it die
In too deep
And out of time
Why'd you have to go
And let it die
#29 Posted by Natural20 (48 posts) -

given the way the last one sold (mind bogglingly well)  I doubt they can it

#30 Posted by Champy (533 posts) -

NOOO! what will i play now!?!?

#31 Posted by VibratingDonkey (889 posts) -

Kotaku says a lot of things. Although I would be about as surprised as I would be devestated if this was true.

Fake edit: Haha, read the update.

#32 Posted by chronicsmoke (999 posts) -

good

#33 Posted by TimeWaffle (946 posts) -

best news i've heard all day

#34 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

no it hasn't been read the update >.>

#35 Posted by Willy105 (4691 posts) -

Yay!

#36 Posted by AttackedCamo (821 posts) -

I updated the news in my original post.

#37 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Good, never cared for it and never will.

#38 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

great i wish there was a way to vanish bulletproof from shelfs

#39 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

lol but it's the best game evah wut wiv da rappin and da pimpin and da mispellin

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.