Dude, What?

#1 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Browsing the XBL Marketplace led me to the discovery of a Games on Demand copy of 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. I guess it took a while for it to finally appear on here so when I investigated further I was shocked to find out that the fucking on Demand version is like $60!! I got this game for $20 at a Gamestop a while back. I would understand that a game like CoD would be a stupid high price in the Games on Demand store but not the 50 Cent game. I just felt like sharing that, carry on.

#2 Edited by EuanDewar (4942 posts) -

Hey man, you get what you pay for.

I.e. 50 Cent. G-Unit gotta eat.

#3 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Damn son, that's a lot of jack.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (24855 posts) -

Those big-ass ramps don't pay for themselves.

#5 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
I had a ramp joke, but this one's better.
#6 Posted by ShaggE (6459 posts) -

They really RAMPED up the price, yeah? ... Yeah? ... Guys?

#7 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Ramp's gotta eat too.

#8 Posted by katanalauncher (215 posts) -

Call me when the game is 50 cents.

#9 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Clickity-clank...Clickity-clank. Muh moneyy go into tha piggy..bank.

#10 Posted by Jesus (1116 posts) -

Damn, looks like I'm going to get a used copy instead.

#11 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

Don't like Big-Ass Ramps? Don't eat.

#12 Posted by ajamafalous (12001 posts) -

Ramp on board.

#13 Posted by TooWalrus (13206 posts) -
@Claude said:
Speaking of which, my cousin bought me a 1.75 liter bottle of that for my birthday (which is a large-ass bottle). The two of us barely made a dent, so we bought like 24 cokes and brought it to his sisters 'birthday party' two days later (which was really just a tire fire). I got to watch a Mexican kid drink almost half the bottle, trying to impress her. He went crazy for awhile, then spent a few hours puking in the forest before passing out face first in the dirt. Rad.
#14 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
@Claude said:
Speaking of which, my cousin bought me a 1.75 liter bottle of that for my birthday (which is a large-ass bottle). The two of us barely made a dent, so we bought like 24 cokes and brought it to his sisters 'birthday party' two days later (which was really just a tire fire). I got to watch a Mexican kid drink almost half the bottle, trying to impress her. He went crazy for awhile, then spent a few hours puking in the forest before passing out face first in the dirt. Rad.
Some drunks you need to babysit. It's the way of the drunk. Take care of your own, but protect yourself first and let fools be fools.
#15 Posted by TooWalrus (13206 posts) -
@Claude said:
@TooWalrus said:
@Claude said:
Some drunks you need to babysit. It's the way of the drunk. Take care of your own, but protect yourself first and let fools be fools.
Actually it was the other way around- I needed that bottle empty to put change in, so when everyone was like "Jose, I think you've had enough!" I was like "Hey guys, we're not his mother- let him do whatever he wants!"
#16 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
@Claude said:
@TooWalrus said:
@Claude said:
Actually it was the other way around- I needed that bottle empty to put change in, so when everyone was like "Jose, I think you've had enough!" I was like "Hey guys, we're not his mother- let him do whatever he wants!"
I would kill for a shoot of tequila right now. It would be a nice touch to a fine evening. Who's buying?
#17 Posted by TooWalrus (13206 posts) -
@Claude said:
@TooWalrus said:
@Claude said:
@TooWalrus said:
@Claude said:
I would kill for a shoot of tequila right now. It would be a nice touch to a fine evening. Who's buying?
That sounds nice, I don't know if you know this, but I just turned 21 last week. Before that, drinking was mostly drinking cheap shit just to get drunk. Now that I'm over that, I'm broadening my horizons. I made some quality margarita's a few days ago- used the un-aged 100% agave Patron (and that shit ain't cheap). Took a few shots- that shit tastes like pure gasoline! But I love it. What do you like? I'm a huge Sammy Hagar fan- how about some Cabo Wabo?!
#18 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@TooWalrus: I saw Sammy Hagar live in concert in '85 or so. Sammy was the headliner and Krokus was the opening band. It was a great show, Sammy was the shit.
This song was huge back then.

#19 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Ramp.

#20 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

Lets be honest. They've forgotten they even put it up for GoD.

#21 Posted by Protome (347 posts) -

The funniest part of this is that the game actually launched at Retail at $50.

#22 Posted by Danteveli (1186 posts) -

This is why I hate stuff like Games on demand. In my God forsaken country games that are 5 bucks in shopping mall bins (Kameo, PGR3 and so on) are 60$ on Games on Demand.

In this case its good because 50 isn't making much money. I have heard he had to go back to that 02 Ferrari and not new cars.

#23 Posted by Getz (3018 posts) -

Yeah, I noticed this as well. Ever since I got gypped on Fable II (didn't come with DLC like the retail version does) from Games on Demand, I don't buy stuff there any more. It's almost always over-priced.

#24 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Its on the UK Marketplace for £15 (25$)

I should pick it up

#25 Posted by ShaggE (6459 posts) -
@Getz said:
Yeah, I noticed this as well. Ever since I got gypped on Fable II (didn't come with DLC like the retail version does) from Games on Demand, I don't buy stuff there any more. It's almost always over-priced.
The retail came with the DLC?

... Goddammit. 
#26 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Games on Demand ain't no Steam

#27 Posted by President_Barackbar (3462 posts) -

Pfft, like anyone is going to pay $60 for that game, no matter the big-ass ramp content.

#28 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@Protome said:
The funniest part of this is that the game actually launched at Retail at $50.
That's pretty messed up, haha.
#29 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Blood On The Sand is actually a really awesome action game. It's basically Bad Boys II in the Middle East, except replace the hilarious buddy-cop quips with nearly racist insults hurled at the enemy.

#30 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I saw that, too. I was like, "Really, Microsoft?"

#31 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@Napalm: That's why I bought the game. I feel like I deserve an achievement for putting this game back up into the Popular Game's Forums.
#32 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
@Napalm: That's why I bought the game. I feel like I deserve an achievement for putting this game back up into the Popular Game's Forums.
You should, duder! It's a big, dumb, awesome action game that never stops moving!

You're also making me want to re-purchase and replay Blood On The Sand.
#33 Posted by august (3846 posts) -
#34 Posted by Xdsk (268 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
What you said.

$60 for this piece of crap is extortion, wouldnt have paid that release day.
I guess being a gangsta rapper is an expensive lifestyle to uphold.
#35 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@PrivateIronTFU said:
I saw that, too. I was like, "Really, Microsoft?"
Fable 3 and Read Dead Redemption are $40 on here. Then you have 50 Cent coming out left field at $60. It's crazy. Being an ironically awesome game only gets you so far in terms of value. I really want to figure out Microsoft's price planning for these games because it's hard to see THQ demanding the highest price point.

@Napalm: You can totally get that game for like $20 used at Gamestop. That's what I did.
#36 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Afroman269: Speaking of re-buying old games, I did the same with Godfather II, because who doesn't want to stomp on a gangsters chest, while saying something awfully hostile while you splatter their face all over the pavement with a shotgun?

Also, the same goes for The 40th Day, because as before... an awesome action game!
#37 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -
Just bought this for 10 bucks at eb and about to throw it in. Am I crazy? Of course I am.
#38 Edited by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

The game is worth 20$ at most. Still enjoyed the fuck out of it.

#39 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

50 Cent gets 59.98 from each copy sold and they couldn't lower his royalties. And don't diss, diamond encrusted skulls don't grow on trees.

#40 Posted by theoldhouse (439 posts) -

its like 20 on the euro store.  

#41 Posted by coolwhip83 (88 posts) -

I can't sympathize with someone that wants to buy a 50cent game.

#42 Edited by pweidman (2337 posts) -

Saw that. There's many, many weirdly priced items on Marketplace. Whoever's in charge of that shit is asleep at the wheel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.