Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 24, 2009

Join 50 Cent and the G-Unit as they swear, ramp and rocket-launch their way around an unnamed Middle Eastern country in order to find out the answer to one specific question: "Where my skull?"

The Best Laid Plans...

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By buzz_clik
    I'm not entirely certain, but I'm pretty sure his gun go off.
    50 Cent: Blood on the Sand has finally made its way into my 360. I don't know if it's because I started playing it at midnight, or if it had been talked up too much, but it seems to simply be 'yeah, okay' instead of 'great despite the dubious pedigree'. I'll have another crack tonight to see if my opinion changes, as I kind of expect it will; once fatigue and hype aren't so much a factor I reckon my enjoyment of this game will ramp up (if you'll pardon the allusion).

As I indicated, it has taken a while for me to play this game. I had planned to do so 5 months ago and had set the wheels into motion soon after it appeared in stores. Y'see, it was my mate Adam's birthday in March. I'd bought him a copy of the game in question, knowing full well Adam's a busy guy who runs his own design business. He's a workaholic and doesn't find much time to turn his 360 on, save for our fortnightly Thursday night games bash. So I'd fully expected him to sling it my way instead of watching it collect dust. I was quite eager to jump into the ludicrous hip-hop-stop-n-pop antics of Master Cent, and the podcasts I'd been listening to at the time only made me want to check it out more.

So, I got hold of Adam's copy on the weekend, although not from Adam himself. No, I saw it sitting at another mate's place, and found out he'd borrowed it off Adam not long after I'd handed it over as a birthday present. Yep, turns out I was right. Adam liked the game, but had too much on his plate and enthusiastically handed it to a friend to enjoy... that friend just turned out not to be me. Ah, well. It was a sound enough theory, I guess.

Ever bought a game as a present for someone with a view to borrowing it later down the track?
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By buzz_clik
    50 Cent: Blood on the Sand has finally made its way into my 360. I don't know if it's because I started playing it at midnight, or if it had been talked up too much, but it seems to simply be 'yeah, okay' instead of 'great despite the dubious pedigree'. I'll have another crack tonight to see if my opinion changes, as I kind of expect it will; once fatigue and hype aren't so much a factor I reckon my enjoyment of this game will ramp up (if you'll pardon the allusion).

As I indicated, it has taken a while for me to play this game. I had planned to do so 5 months ago and had set the wheels into motion soon after it appeared in stores. Y'see, it was my mate Adam's birthday in March. I'd bought him a copy of the game in question, knowing full well Adam's a busy guy who runs his own design business. He's a workaholic and doesn't find much time to turn his 360 on, save for our fortnightly Thursday night games bash. So I'd fully expected him to sling it my way instead of watching it collect dust. I was quite eager to jump into the ludicrous hip-hop-stop-n-pop antics of Master Cent, and the podcasts I'd been listening to at the time only made me want to check it out more.

So, I got hold of Adam's copy on the weekend, although not from Adam himself. No, I saw it sitting at another mate's place, and found out he'd borrowed it off Adam not long after I'd handed it over as a birthday present. Yep, turns out I was right. Adam liked the game, but had too much on his plate and enthusiastically handed it to a friend to enjoy... that friend just turned out not to be me. Ah, well. It was a sound enough theory, I guess.

Ever bought a game as a present for someone with a view to borrowing it later down the track?
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

To be honest, the game is kind of lame unless you're on the top difficulty and doing co-op. That's how I had the most fun, anyway. And yes, pretty much anything I buy for someone else has a resale value for myself if they're not too interested.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By buzz_clik
    @HandsomeDead: Oh, I'm doing it on Hard, fer sure. It's pretty much my default with games, unless I hear that something's simply unplayable on the more challenging settings. Even then, I'm just pigheaded (and Achievement-slutty) enough to play on Hard, despite the warnings.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @buzz_clik: I hear you. I never used to play on hard much but now if I see something's got achievements, I will dive in and go for it. At the moment, i'm only 6 achievements away from the big 1k on 50 Cent and if all goes well, they can be got on the next playthrough.
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By buzz_clik
    @HandsomeDead: Yeah, the irony comes for me when I invariably realise that although I jumped into the Hard mode of a game for shallow reasons (Achievements), I always feel like my time with the game was deeper and richer for having conquered it on a higher difficulty. Double win.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Guilty pleasures are still pleasurable. Just try not to over-indulge ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.