50 Cent Would Like To Make Another Video Game

• 76 results
Posted by Jeff (3400 posts) -
If people don't forget about it before awards season comes around, I wouldn't be too shocked to see 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand pick up a few "most surprising" or "best game featuring members of the G-Unit" awards. That game is messed up in a lot of ways, sure, but it also has heart. And a dedication to the hitting of big-ass ramps. And a healthy dislike of helicopters that I can completely identify with.

Anyway, MTV recently spoke to everyone's favorite skull recovery technician and spent a bit of time talking about Blood on the Sand and (gasp) if there would be a sequel. The answer? He's "hoping we'll be able to do it." But he seems more interested in producing games that don't actually contain his likeness, which sort of seems like a bad idea to me. Anyway, here's the interview that MTV ran:

You'll probably need to be in the US or Canada to view that video, by the way. That's how MTV rolls.
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3400 posts) -
If people don't forget about it before awards season comes around, I wouldn't be too shocked to see 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand pick up a few "most surprising" or "best game featuring members of the G-Unit" awards. That game is messed up in a lot of ways, sure, but it also has heart. And a dedication to the hitting of big-ass ramps. And a healthy dislike of helicopters that I can completely identify with.

Anyway, MTV recently spoke to everyone's favorite skull recovery technician and spent a bit of time talking about Blood on the Sand and (gasp) if there would be a sequel. The answer? He's "hoping we'll be able to do it." But he seems more interested in producing games that don't actually contain his likeness, which sort of seems like a bad idea to me. Anyway, here's the interview that MTV ran:

You'll probably need to be in the US or Canada to view that video, by the way. That's how MTV rolls.
Staff
#2 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

"Yo fidy, make another game"

#3 Edited by Death_Burnout (3792 posts) -

And MTV rolls stupid.

#4 Posted by ahoodedfigure (4238 posts) -

Sometimes it's really hard to tell when you guys are being sarcastic

#5 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

50 Cent's Tower Defense anyone?

#6 Posted by FLStyle (4534 posts) -

Boooo for MTV and their stupid country specific vids. Can we get a transcript please?

#7 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

After playing BoTS, I would like 50 Cent to make another game also.

#8 Posted by Hef (1094 posts) -

video doesn't work for canadians either...

#9 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

HEY 50! Why you wear your pants like that!?

I can't, as you said, watch that video.
That's a good thing.

#10 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2497 posts) -

I agree with Megalon!

#11 Edited by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -

You'd think so Jeff, wouldn't you? But no, MTV hates Canadians too. :(

But hey, more 50 games could be pretty sweet, as long as we don't end up with more 50 Cent: Bulletproof.

#12 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

He should just stop making music and do game development full-time.

#13 Posted by Weltal (2272 posts) -

I'd like Fiddy to make another game too. Assuming he can continue to make it as crazy as possible.

#14 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

I would like to play a game of 50-Cent making video games. A Sim-50 if you will.

#15 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11420 posts) -

I would like to see a sequel to Blood on the Sand, if only to see more insanity from the mind of 50 cent.

#16 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

He's just money hungry

#17 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

I am completely uncaring about the next game unless there's more big-ass ramps.

#18 Posted by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -

How could it not have big-ass ramps?

#19 Posted by dulmonkey (78 posts) -

50's wii mini game party.

#20 Posted by Vision (796 posts) -

I'm in Denmark and it runs just fine. :)

#21 Edited by Not_Rage (470 posts) -

I'm wondering how much hes actually played the game. To him his video game is probably just about marketing tool, along with his line of Perfumes or clothles. Or I might maye wrong and hes actually into it.

#22 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Yo fiddy, I am gonna go get a vitamin water. You....you want one?

#23 Posted by Snail (8574 posts) -

Oh just stop it already.

#24 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

Yo fiddy, fix that video, so homies out side of the Hood can see you face.

#25 Posted by urbaninja (55 posts) -

stupid mtv copyright restrictions!!!

#26 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1062 posts) -

Aww, yeah. ;)
Another Merc-poppin'-Big-ass-ramp-hittin'-Vitamin-water-drinkin'-G-Unit-member...ing... game? :D
ReTarDedFisHy is all over it.

#27 Posted by jasonlblair (74 posts) -

I really enjoyed Blood on the Sand. The humor is great (and intentional), the premise is absurd, and though it borrows all its ideas it executes them well.

Another 50 Cent game? If it's as much an improvement over BotS as BotS is over Bulletproof, I'm definitely in.

#28 Posted by Nicholasotzs (65 posts) -

50 Cent RPG. I want it bad.

#29 Posted by Brackynews (4039 posts) -
Hells no, U.S. only dude.  Canada's been MTV-embed-free-since-aught-three!

#30 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -

sounds like a 50 cent beat em up is on route

#31 Posted by musdy (323 posts) -

As soon as I read the headline I knew who wrote the story.

#32 Posted by FlipperDesert (2081 posts) -

There should be a 50 Cent RTS game. Don't ask me how it would work, but 50 Cent would definitely be a hero unit, and Soulja Boy would be the time-rewinding hero unit of an enemy race.

#33 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

OMGosh the world is going to end.

#34 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

This is such a joke...

#35 Posted by Conker (770 posts) -

mortal kombat vs 50 cent universe please!

#36 Posted by JackiJinx (3089 posts) -

YO 50! Let's go scuba diving! THE GAME!

Imagine: gang wars underwater. Fo shizzle. Them dolphins will be tearing up them halibuts.

#37 Posted by dibiase77 (77 posts) -

Okay...next 50 cent game is a dating sim...and in the dialogue trees are options to:

A. "Let's G-G-G-G-G-G-GO ONNA DATE"
B. "Let's wash DJ Whoo Kid this Saturday"
C. "I jus' wanna siddown and talk bout' The Notebook...have a glass of wine...hit a big ass ramp...whatever."

#38 Posted by DoMakeSayThink (37 posts) -

What about a 50 cent based suicide simulation game? That way it's both be original and have a message that I am sure many people will identify with.
I really hate 50 Cent, of all the good hip hop out there I will never understand why people put up with such banal mediocrity. Bah!

#39 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

no access Canada :(

#40 Posted by 10_yard_fighter (60 posts) -

I just saw the video and I'm out of region.  That's how I rolls. 

#41 Posted by Jayzilla (2554 posts) -

mtv was rad when i was a kid and they had the game show, 'remote control' on it. it isn't rad now.

#42 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

I think 50 is a pretty well spoken guy. And i would like to see another game from him, even though i have yet to play BoTS, but i will be soon.

#43 Posted by JJOR64 (18889 posts) -

HIT THAT BIG ASS RAMP 50!!

#44 Posted by MeatSim (10739 posts) -

Hey yo fiddy! you should make another game!!

#45 Edited by tekmojo (2298 posts) -

God I hope not. I think we have enough shitty games.

#46 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Yo Fiddy!  Let's hit up Soulja Boy's house and play some Braid!

#47 Posted by Cynic04 (124 posts) -

Say what you will about the story in Blood on the Sand, the gameplay is solid and enjoyable.  I just got finished with my thrid play thru, and yea it's nothing new, but it keeps you entertained.  It seems like alot of people don't like it because they feel like they shouldn't.

#48 Edited by GalacticPunt (1016 posts) -

I think his next game should be: SimRoss.

In SimRoss you manipulate and mess up Rick Ross's life in myriad ways until he either kills himself (LIKE A BOSS) or goes back to being a corrections officer.  Then the credits roll and you start your next unique SimRoss experiment.

Edit: from an isometric perspective, of course

#49 Edited by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

I'm curious what he'll do next as well.

#50 Posted by DECA555 (400 posts) -

no canadian love....nice

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.