Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 10, 2009

Decide the fate of the 9 kidnapped people who are trapped on a ship and forced to play the Nonary Game, where players put their life on the line.

Any hints on how to get all endings in 999?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By BeachThunder

So far I have endings 3, 5 and 6, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the other endings. I don't want to search around the net, as I don't want the other endings spoiled, I just want some really slight hints to nudge me in the right direction (replaying the game over and over is starting to drive me insane).

My thoughts were to try out various combinations of rooms, but from what I can tell, the ending seem to only relate to the final room that you end up in. Beyond that, I tried giving the clover bookmark to Clover, then talking with her again later; but that didn't seem to actually change anything.

I'm assuming that some combination of choices may lead to something, but most of the choices seem pretty inconsequential. There's also a locked safe behind door 5, which seems like it may possibly hold something, or is it just a red herring?

Thanks.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#2  Edited By Brackynews

@BeachThunder: I was using a spoiler free walkthrough, but if you just want hints for the consequential decisions, it comes down to which doors you choose. And to a lesser extent, the decisions you make resulting in particular scenes or dialogue. Everything you learn in the game's multiple playthroughs *is* relevant to the ending.

I feel it's also worth pointing out, that after unlocking all the endings, I *still* have one more "puzzle replay" to unlock, so I think there are multiple combinations to get bad endings. Apparently I never used Door 3.

Safe/Letter Ending [ED05]

Cheat Sheet: Door 5, Door 8, Door 6

Submarine Ending [ED04]

Cheat Sheet: Door 4, Door 3, Door 2

Knife Ending [ED03]

Cheat Sheet: Door 4, Door 8, Door 6

Axe Ending [ED02]

Cheat Sheet: Door 5, Door 8, Door 1

Coffin/True Ending [ED01]

Note: To get the True End, you must play through the Safe/Letter End.

If you don't, you'll get the Coffin Ending. (The Coffin Ending automatically unlocks after obtaining the True end.)

Cheat Sheet: Door 4, Door 7, Door 1

yyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By yyninja

@BeachThunder said:

So far I have endings 3, 5 and 6, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the other endings. I don't want to search around the net, as I don't want the other endings spoiled, I just want some really slight hints to nudge me in the right direction (replaying the game over and over is starting to drive me insane).

My thoughts were to try out various combinations of rooms, but from what I can tell, the ending seem to only relate to the final room that you end up in. Beyond that, I tried giving the clover bookmark to Clover, then talking with her again later; but that didn't seem to actually change anything.

I'm assuming that some combination of choices may lead to something, but most of the choices seem pretty inconsequential. There's also a locked safe behind door 5, which seems like it may possibly hold something, or is it just a red herring?

Thanks.

I'm a bit too late to the party, but if you're still stuck on finding the last 3 endings here are a couple of hints. I'll be deliberately vague.

• There are five real endings and one fake ending.
    • The safe is important to the story.
    • Different combinations of rooms do matter.
    UracilHokeNut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm playing through 999 now, and while looking up some info on endings I found some additional spoiler-free information which might be helpful.

Most of the decisions you make, other than doors, don't matter. For example, miscalculating the digital root and saying the wrong number doesn't matter, and which areas you choose to look around in after arriving in the hospital room (but before choosing a door) don't matter (except that you get cool story stuff). I found a wiki that says there are two endings in which the decisions you make do matter; for the safe ending you have to

examine the safe after unlocking the door, but before leaving the room

For the coffin/true ending you have to

Accept the clover bookmark from Santa

Respond “It did strike Junpei as rather odd.” when June talks about dry ice

Respond "...know about ice-9?" when Seven is about to remember something

Give Clover the clover bookmark when leaving the Operating Room

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.