What was your first ending? !Ending(s) Spoiler Alert!

#1 Posted by ESREVER (2681 posts) -
#2 Edited by ESREVER (2681 posts) -
~! IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETE ALL THE ENDINGS OF THIS GAME AND DON'T WANT ANYTHING SPOILED, DO NOT READ FURTHER ~! 

I finished up going through all this game's endings today (3 consecutive nights of playing this game till 5-6am), and I had to really think back on my past decisions and try to come up with a new path for myself to unlock them. 
But it got me thinking, the first playthrough of it was how I honestly would of approached things if I were on the ship.  
So it got me wondering how the community would have approached things their first time around. What was your first ending? 

I felt I got the best "first ending" experience after having gone through all of them. Mine was "Ending two" The coffin symbol on the ending progress bar. It left plenty of suspense and had me eager to dive into the next playthrough. 

I excluded Ending 1, or "True End," because it is impossible to get on your first playthrough.
#3 Posted by raiz265 (2237 posts) -

Meh, more spoiler than I thought even in the poll that jumps right in your face... :( 

#4 Posted by ESREVER (2681 posts) -

About Ending 3 & 5...

#5 Posted by raiz265 (2237 posts) -
@ESREVER said:
" About Ending 3 & 5...

"
#6 Posted by Fallen189 (4971 posts) -

Knife =[

#7 Posted by StarwindX9 (145 posts) -

I got the knife ending... I never felt so empty after beating a game. Needless to say I immediately started another play through.

#8 Posted by ESREVER (2681 posts) -

Jeebus, lots of people got shanked their first time through. Although, I feel worse for the one person who got the submarine ending for their first time. I would feel completely dead inside if that happened to me.

#9 Edited by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -
#10 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

I'm so embarrassed to admit this, but I haven't had my first ending yet...

#11 Posted by fazzle (302 posts) -

my first ending was also the knife ending.  Like yoshimitz, the ending is what led to me rushing through to all the other endings.  I didn't even realize how into the game I was until 

#12 Posted by Revolver (84 posts) -

I thought I did good with my first playthrough then BOOM!
sub ending :(

#13 Posted by Mcfart (1596 posts) -

Submerine first. However, I didn't notice Ace's corpse, so I thought it was Ace, which by dumb luck was the truth.

Sub>Coffin>Knife>Axe>Safe>True.

Amazing game. I'm glad I got through the bad endings first, as I wouldn't have been motivated if I did the Safe/True first.

#14 Posted by ESREVER (2681 posts) -
@Mcfart: I'm pretty sure Ace's corpse was on the stairs with Clover :( and Santa. Only one not dead was Snake, but we know where he was the entire time. 
 If I'm remembering that correctly, they never got around to answering who stabbed everyone. I could be forgetting something though. 
Ace would seem like the likely candidate to shank everyone though. But like I said, I'm pretty sure I saw him on the stairs.
#15 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

I got the so called Letter Ending I believe?

To get the True End do I need to get all the other ones? While i wouldnt mind getting them all I just don't reallt have the time.

#16 Posted by ESREVER (2681 posts) -
@JoyfullOFrockets said:
" I got the so called Letter Ending I believe?  To get the True End do I need to get all the other ones? While i wouldnt mind getting them all I just don't reallt have the time. "
No, you only need to beat it once. But you have to get the safe ending, and then start another playthrough with memories activated. You should be ready to get the True Ending since you already acquired the Note ending.
#17 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -

I got the knife ending, perhaps the least satisfying of the 6. That said, the other endings more than made up for it. Amazing game.

#18 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5813 posts) -

The endings I got, in order, were :

1. Knife
2. Sub
3. Safe
4. True

I was thinking about going for the ax ending, but I don't think I can play through this game a 5th time :P 

I looked it up instead. All the endings were great though.

#19 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Well, I got the true ending. I was left with toooo many questions though :(

In any case, the last image I saw in the True Ending was pure gold. Fucking hilarious.

#20 Posted by Capella (68 posts) -
@ESREVER said:
Although, I feel worse for the one person who got the submarine ending for their first time. I would feel completely dead inside if that happened to me. "
Actually, I found Sub is a pretty exciting first ending, in that the destruction is complete, so it can only go uphill from there! Then, I got there by going through door 3, so I knew I was going to mess things up pretty bad.
#21 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

just got the knife ending going in for another run. Game is really fun

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.