Worst Abilitease game?

#1 Posted by AndrewW (144 posts) -

What game do you think is worst/most frustrating for its Abilitease?

--
I most recently played Assassins Creed and having all the weapons at the start was pretty cool. Having them taken away pretty much straight after - not so cool. Ultimately, earning back those weapons and learning to use them to their full potential made the initial Abilitease less painful...
#2 Edited by Pathos (199 posts) -

But we use those initial skills for such a short amount of time. Well, compared to the rest of the game anyway.

#3 Posted by Deusoma (3001 posts) -

Metroid Prime 1 was pretty brutal. They take away everything. Echoes let you keep the charge beam and the morph ball at least, but in Prime 1, all you could do when you got to the planet was scan, jump, and shoot.

#4 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
Deusoma said:
"Metroid Prime 1 was pretty brutal. They take away everything. Echoes let you keep the charge beam and the morph ball at least, but in Prime 1, all you could do when you got to the planet was scan, jump, and shoot."
Yeah, I'm going to have to go with that.
#5 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Christ...ABILITEASE gets accepted, but Twitch Gameplay doesnt?

#6 Posted by Ryan_ (174 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Christ...ABILITEASE gets accepted, but Twitch Gameplay doesnt?"
I like this page.

and i think assassin's creed is the worst because there is really no point in showing you all the stuff
#7 Posted by Soap (3571 posts) -
Ryan_ said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
I like this page.

and i think assassin's creed is the worst because there is really no point in showing you all the stuff
"
Until Force Unleashed comes out anyway.

That lets you start as a full powered Vader before throwing you down to a basic apprentice lol
#8 Posted by zitosilva (1839 posts) -

I'd have to say assassin's creed.

Sure, Metroid takes everything away, but one of the coolest things about Metroid is geting your upgrades.

On the other hand, even with everything Assassin's Creed is still awful. With anything is just bland. In the end all you'll use is the counter attack anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter.

#9 Posted by Player1 (3852 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
Whats your point? The alibitease is a real concept. 
#10 Posted by zhinse (164 posts) -

I have yet to experience a game that really annoyed me with the concept. What does get a little tedious is the story to how your abilities become lost. It happens constantly to Samus, and she's a trooper for getting everything back again and again. 

Would some RPG's that let you take control of a guest character or flashback characters be considered using abilitease? They always manage to have super duper higher spells and attack than you. 
#11 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

Oh god Metroid Prime's was terrible. That was the worst slap in the face I have ever gotten in a game. Hop in and have all this amazing gear which works great, then BAM! Scan visor and a non-charging cannon.

That was just harsh.

#12 Posted by fastkilr (98 posts) -
@Ryan_: I might contend that Assassin's Creed is the best... it did a good job of pacing the periods in between taking on more new skills, I thought.

Can't think of a time where it has bothered me too much. It's a useful technique for developer's to employ. I'd rather be given just one more reason to keep playing and reach the point where I am rewarded by re-discovering the ability in question. Makes games more interesting sometimes, I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.