Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Abstract Art Style

Concept »

Some games' graphics are composed of abstract shapes that have no particular meaning outside of their role in the game.

Look up the word "abstract" in the dictionary, people.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Oni

Hand to god, I will kill something next time somebody adds something like Okami or Wind Waker to this page. Stylized/cartoony DOES NOT equal abstract. I even put it in the description of the article, and still people add stuff like this. Even Killer7 is not abstract, it is just about as heavily stylized a version of reality as you're likely to see.

I have taken it upon myself to moderate the hell out of this page and remove anything that does not qualify, mostly added by people looking to make easy points and/or don't understand the concept of abstraction. This is now my pet project.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

Glad to hear you will be on the case whenever someone adds a game that shouldn't be here. Sorry to hear so many people are doing it though, -_-

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SSbabel

Can you list some Abstract games for me please, i just wanna know what games qualifys as abstract.

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Batman

Damn.  I was just going to add Pixel Junk, but its already there.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Oni

As for Killer7, if you can make a good case for it, I'll accept it. I've never played it, but I personally wouldn't consider it abstract from what I've seen - just extremely stylized. But if someone can convince me, sure.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Oni

Someone added Wind Waker, just to spite me, I know it. Grrr.

Also Tempest. I think it's abstract due to graphical limitations at the time more than anything else, but I'm not sure, so I left it. What do you guys think?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.