Ace Attorney 5 Confirmed! (Plus Ace Attorney 123HD for iOS)

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19306 posts) -

Platform for Ace Attorney 5 has not been announced, Ace Attorney 123HD (Ace Attorney, Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations compilation) will be for iOS platforms. No release dates have been announced.

Games were announced at a Ace Attorney 10th anniversary event. Capcom had said they had plans for Ace Attorney in 2012, but I wasn't expecting anything significant.

Now two things: I hope this gets localized here and WHERE THE FUCK IS ACE ATTORNEY INVESTIGATIONS 2 FOR NORTH AMERICA.

Source

#2 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Awesome! Will AA5 be a 3DS game?

#3 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (725 posts) -

Doubt we'll ever see this outside of Japan, especially Europe.

AAI2 was never localised, and even if that was America-only I could've imported it. Can't do that for the 3DS thanks to the region locking and all.

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19306 posts) -

Post from a user on NeoGAF: 

Just a side note, Capcom is still considering localizing Ace Attorney Investigations 2 in the west. It was the first question they were asked during a live stream chat last week and they confirmed that it's still a possibility.

HOPE
#5 Edited by dekkadekkadekka (725 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: I really hope that that includes a release in Europe, for both AAI2 and AA5

Because, and I'll be honest here, I will import an American 3DS just to play AA5 if a European release is not on the cards, assuming that it is a 3DS title.

#6 Posted by BaconBits (56 posts) -

I'm probably the only one, but I really hope they stay in the Apollo Justice timeline and not try to reboot the series.

#7 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11423 posts) -

As long as the protagonist of Ace Attorney 5 isn't Apollo Justice I will be totally cool with paying money for it, despite the linear one-playthrough only nature of the series. If he is... I'll buy it used or borrow it from someone.

#8 Posted by Ghostiet (5209 posts) -

If AAI2's doesn't get localized, heads will roll.

@ArbitraryWater said:

As long as the protagonist of Ace Attorney 5 isn't Apollo Justice I will be totally cool with paying money for it, despite the linear one-playthrough only nature of the series. If he is... I'll buy it used or borrow it from someone.

Yeah, me too. Though I don't have a clue how Phoenix Wright will work as a protagonist after the events of AJ. They basically ruined that character - he can't be the goofy dude anymore, his smirking chessmaster persona is despicable and I don't see the appeal of playing as Edgeworth 2.0.

#9 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (725 posts) -

@Ghostiet: Maybe Phoenix becomes a Prosecutor!

#10 Edited by Ghostiet (5209 posts) -
@dekkadekkadekka
That would be even shittier than bringing back Apollo as the hero. Besides, it's Edgeworth's gig and the name is "Gyakuten SAIBAN".
#11 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (725 posts) -

@Ghostiet: Which roughly translates as Turnabout Trial, what does that have to do with anything?

Edgeworth is off doing his own thing, Phoenix steps up as prosecutor, Apollo is the returning attorney, or another new character. It's not completely crazy considering where the story went at the end of 4.

#12 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

FUCKING YES

#13 Posted by Venatio (4483 posts) -

Awesome! I want all of that, really enjoyed that Ace game that's already on iOS

#14 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@dekkadekkadekka said:

@Ghostiet: Which roughly translates as Turnabout Trial, what does that have to do with anything?

Edgeworth is off doing his own thing, Phoenix steps up as prosecutor, Apollo is the returning attorney, or another new character. It's not completely crazy considering where the story went at the end of 4.

It is established in the AA fiction that Phoenix "fakes" ( or he might not have ) a piece of evidence as a Attorney then loses his badge. at no time is he ever a Prosecutor. this is all established in Apollo Justice.

#15 Posted by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -

I wonder if the fact that they didn't include AA 4 in that collection would be any indication of their direction with 5.

That's probably just wishful thinking.

I like this series but I keep falling off of it. After playing the first game and starting on the second I got burnt out on Ace Attourney and didn't play it for a long time. I eventually got back, finished it, got halfway through the third and quit it for a long-ass time as well. Again I came back, finished it, started on AA 4 as well as AA:I, got through the first case in 4 and halfway through Investigations and stopped again.

I'm glad a fifth is happening, I just hope that I can catch up until it's released.

#16 Posted by AlisterCat (5470 posts) -

I really hope they are better than the first Ace Attorney on iOS. It is a terrible port.

Super excited about Ace Attorney 5. I don't like the miles edgeworth games, so I'm super excited for what could be Apollo Justice 2.

#17 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Post from a user on NeoGAF:

Just a side note, Capcom is still considering localizing Ace Attorney Investigations 2 in the west. It was the first question they were asked during a live stream chat last week and they confirmed that it's still a possibility.

HOPE

THEY BETTER DO IT.

#18 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (725 posts) -

@Dagbiker: I know. What I'm saying is that THAT's where the story could go. My post prior to the one you're referencing says "Maybe Phoenix becomes a Prosecutor!" which was in response to Ghostiet saying:

@Ghostiet said:

Though I don't have a clue how Phoenix Wright will work as a protagonist after the events of AJ.

At no point did I even say that Phoenix was a prosecutor. Not at all. Please don't jump down my throat without reading my posts in context. Thank you.

#19 Posted by StarvingGamer (7922 posts) -

I like how PW was a sort of mastermind character in AA4, gently guiding events to their conclusion while constantly remaining enigmatic. I don't know that I would want to go back to bumbling ol' Nick running around without a clue.

#20 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19306 posts) -

Yeah, I think it makes sense that as Phoenix Wright got older, he became more wise, although it was shocking to see him become a bum in Apollo Justice at first. I think I remember the Judge telling Phoenix something like "The court needs someone like you again" and Phoenix replying with "I'll think about it" during the last case, so he could still possibly return. But it seems that the creators wanted to end the Phoenix Wright storyline and were forced by Capcom to continue with it in some way in Apollo Justice, so who knows. 

Plus, even though there's no silhouette with the logo, the color's blue: the color of the first three Gyakuten Saiban game logos. All subsequent games have had a reddish color for the logo, so this might mean something.

#21 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -
#22 Posted by Hailinel (23697 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

No one has answered this question.

#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19306 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

No one has answered this question.

Guys, read the OP.
#24 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1584 posts) -

Thank God. Been itching for a new Ace Attorney game real bad, even AAI2 (the first one wasn't my favorite). I'm not too worried about whether this will come to America; AAI2 was a spin-off, and released fairly late in the DS's life. As long as AA5 is on a new platform, it'll come out here, surely. Surely!

@BaconBits said:

I'm probably the only one, but I really hope they stay in the Apollo Justice timeline and not try to reboot the series.

I wouldn't mind. I liked older, wiser Phoenix and loved older, grumpier Ema Skye. And I thought it was really cool that they took such a bold leap forward like that after having established three games' worth of the same core characters. My problem with that game (it being my least favorite of the four) was with the cases. The final case was massively anticlimactic and the case with the panty thief was (somehow) probably the most boring case in the entire series. If they can pull together some better cases, I'm ready for Apollo Justice, Part 2.

That first case was pretty great though.

#25 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19306 posts) -
#26 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Awsome hope this measn AA2 will get some localization. Wonder where they will take the series next, with a new lawyer or something.

Also any news about Vs layton

#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19306 posts) -
#28 Posted by AlisterCat (5470 posts) -

Those screenshots look pretty awful. I'd rather play with the old pixelated graphics.

#29 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: I think Phoenix really stole Apollo's thunder in his own game. I hope they just let the character retire.

His presence in AJ felt pretty forced to me.

@AlisterCat
Srsly. They fucked that up. I remember the PC port of AA1 looking way better than that.
#30 Posted by Zephyria (59 posts) -

I really hope we see the HD compilation on another platform. I'd buy them again.

#31 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19306 posts) -
@Zephyria said:

I really hope we see the HD compilation on another platform. I'd buy them again.

The compilation will also be available for Android phones.
#32 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

will the HD remake be on android?

#33 Posted by Calavero (86 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Zephyria said:

The compilation will also be available for Android phones.

I'm the happiest person right now.

#34 Edited by Wraith1 (555 posts) -
#35 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19306 posts) -

@Wraith1 said:

New info has come in. it's been confirmed for 3ds and Phoenix Wright is the main character with a new side kick

http://andriasang.com/con2ku/ace_attorney_famitsu/

We have 2 threads on the subject:

http://www.giantbomb.com/gyakuten-saiban-5/61-37354/ace-attorney-5-revealed-for-the-3ds/35-559492/#2

http://www.giantbomb.com/layton-kyouju-vs-gyakuten-saiban/61-32927/layton-vs-ace-attorney-out-in-november-ace-attorny-5-to-3ds/35-559491/#21

Also, you should probably remove those scans. Not sure we're as strict on GB concerning them as on NeoGAF, but I know that they're not allowed here.

#36 Posted by Wraith1 (555 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: i removed the scans, plus I had trouble finding the other threads, guess I should have looked under the Japanese title first

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.