Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ace Attorney

Franchise »

A courtroom/detective based drama game series, likened to an interactive novel with logic puzzle elements.

Ace Attorney 6 announced! And confirmed for western release!

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

Source

So this was a surprise. I guess it takes place in another country, and there's more supernatural stuff. That 6 sorta looks like a megatama.

I'm still pretty disappointed, though, since this likely means we won't get The Great Ace Attorney, which seemed much more interesting to me.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By cloudymusic

reveals the game will take place in a mysterious country outside of Japan

They must mean "outside of the United States." You know, where the series has always taken place.

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I hope we still get The Great Ace Attorney. Even if it is a bit delayed, kind of like how the Professor Layton spin-off was released before 5 in Japan but came out after it in the West. Plus, it seems like an appropriate departure for the series at this stage. I'm kinda good leaving Phoenix Wright's setting and characters behind. For as nice an addition as 5 was, it really sort of felt like returning to those characters was pointless after having a trilogy of games that pretty much covered everything. In all honesty, I wish Ghost Trick did better for that team at Capcom. Perhaps then they could make more original stuff rather than be chained to this series. Who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

Oh right, Capcom makes games other than Street Fighter V.

And yeah, it's a real tragedy that Ghost Trick didn't sell better, because holy shit that game was great.

Hopefully The Great Ace Attorney and this new game both come out without any insane delays like the Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton game had.

Basically, I agree with everything @mysterysheep said.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudymusic said:

They must mean "outside of the United States." You know, where the series has always taken place.

The game will take place in Outer Heaven, a most mysterious country.

Best crossover idea ever.

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mysterysheep

@bisonhero said:

@cloudymusic said:

The game will take place in Outer Heaven, a most mysterious country.

Best crossover idea ever.

Instead of shouting "Objection!" into the 3DS microphone, you just shout "Metal GEAR?!". Done.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Seems to put to down any hopes of The Great Ace Attorney getting a release over here, still holding out hope.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Hey, I'm down for any and all Ace Attorneys. Worst case scenario, we see a fan translation of The Great Ace Attorney in 5-10 years.

Yeah, okay, that's not so great.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Maybe it's because I played the excellent fan translation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and the Professor Layton crossover fairly recently, but I'm totally down for another Ace Attorney game. The silent implication that The Great Ace Attorney isn't coming over here is a bummer though.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#11  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

That's cool and all but it doesn't sound like The Great Ace Attorney will make it over here. :-( I was honestly more interested in that one

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I mostly enjoyed the first four games (the second one sucked, but then Godot was cool) and Apollo Justice was real neat.

I agree the second was the weakest out of the entire series overall, but that last case was sooooo good.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was hoping we would get The Great Ace Attorney here and then a new project a-la Ghost Trick from the team. Man, Ghost Trick was so good.

It would suck if the only way to play Great Ace Attorney going forward would be via fan translation.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#14  Edited By MikeLemmer

@bisonhero: You spend an entire case arguing why the Metal Gear actually isn't a superior nuke-delivery vehicle. Once you succeed, it disappears from continuity, causing a Time Paradox.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Awesome - though, like others, I was hoping to hear about great ace attorney too : (

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.