Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ace Attorney

Franchise »

A courtroom/detective based drama game series, likened to an interactive novel with logic puzzle elements.

Capcom Reveals Ace Attorney 5, HD Versions on iOS (And Android!)

• 122 results
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By Vexxan

I've only played a tiny bit of Phoenix Wright so this collections sounds very neat.

My iPhone is ready!

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Eyz

Awww... by "HD" I was actually awaiting an home systems release...

MrGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By MrGorilla

Sweeeet, this is a must have for my iPhone 4, bring it on!

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By leinad44

Why do a fifth game and not bloody release Miles Edgeworth 2!?

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#105  Edited By hermes

Ace Attorney? On my android?

Just take my money...

Avatar image for technicallyproficient
    TechnicallyProficient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yes. Played through the first one on iOS and totally dug it.

WrenchNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#107  Edited By WrenchNinja

@iAmJohn said:

@patrickklepek said:

I’m still waiting for Ghost Trick, which showed up on the iPad in Japan, to come out here. What gives, Capcom?

Is there some reason why you haven't been able to play the DS version for over a year?

Seriously, if you really care, just play it on the DS or on your 3DS. It's an amazing game and you should just play it now in the non-busy season instead of waiting or hoping for Capcom to bring it over, and knowing them it'll probably be in some stupid time of year like November. Same goes for the Ace Attorney games.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By veektarius

I had trouble sticking with the franchise after playing the first game on the DS. The extra case they added raised the bar so much and then when you get to the second game, it not only steps back down to the old mechanics, but it also does not incorporate that earth-shattering case into its continuity. I know I couldn't expect them to rewrite the whole thing to accommodate what they did for the DS version of 1, but it really caused me to lose the thread of the story.

Oh, also, too many little girls in 2, and Von Karma's daughter sucked as an antagonist. So, I don't know if I'd buy this.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By probablytuna

Another title to add to my 3DS library perhaps? I've never played an Ace Attorney game, maybe the new one could be my introduction to the series.

l3reak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By l3reak

I inferred from the headline that Ace Attorney five was launching multiplatform, including iOS and Android... that would have been awesome! Capcom's really been struggling to retain relevance, especially in the US, and damn that would have gone a long way towards that end. Though, this is still good. Never played these and always wanted to. Hope they manage to realize that you can't price stuff in the US the same way they do in Japan, though!

ThePhilatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#111  Edited By ThePhilatron

The ace attorney games and Ghost Trick are fantastic, the more people exposed to them the better.

renachan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#112  Edited By renachan

I hope they stick with Apollo too for 5, as while I think 4 had interesting characters introduced, the story and the arc overall suffered from then still making it a Phoenix game. Actually letting the new cast take over would have made for stronger plot.

SPOILERS FOR 3 and 4 ending (gosh i wish I could do the tag on mobile)

As for Phoenix' character arc, I didn't mind the direction, in theory that is a interesting plot, but they didn't really earn it. Showing us more how he ended up changing was needed, and how he broke off from hits friends was bizarre. 3 ended with him so tied to the others, for him to say Trucy and Apollo are his only family at the end of 4 is weird. Also wow with where Phoenix was at the end of 4, I in no way wanted him back in the courtroom. Which also seemed a point, Phoenix became too much like his enemy thus it being Apollo's time as he has a way better moral compass.

END SPOILERS

I also still want the second Edgeworth game here, but am not expecting much. Capcom US has done a lot to make me loose faith in it with DR2: Screw the plot if we can make money with what should be dlc or an actual directors edition. Which makes me sad as AA is why I have a DS at all, and stuff there was going to be the final push for me to get a 3ds. Now it's going to be other stuff maybe as I don't really trust them with 5 or vs Layton

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Dan_CiTi

@Anund said:

@Dan_CiTi said:

@BLipp18: Android wouldn't exist if it wasn't for iOS. Well it would, but it would have just been the Google Blackberry basically. Ultimately, iOS, Android, and WP7 all have their strengths and weaknesses and things they could learn from each other. It just turns out that iOS has the stuff that is most important to most people.

Actually, it seems Android has the stuff that is most important to most people, since Android's market share is significantly larger than that of iOS (47% for Android compared to 29% for iOS). The days of Apple's dominance in the smart phone market are long gone. And the idea of desktop icons is not that revolutionary.

Ok. Apple has their place, and "desktop icons" is not what Apple came up with on the iPhone. Basically, the things I don't like about Android outweight the things I don't like about the iPhone. It's whatever.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Anund

@Dan_CiTi said:

@Anund said:

@Dan_CiTi said:

@BLipp18: Android wouldn't exist if it wasn't for iOS. Well it would, but it would have just been the Google Blackberry basically. Ultimately, iOS, Android, and WP7 all have their strengths and weaknesses and things they could learn from each other. It just turns out that iOS has the stuff that is most important to most people.

Actually, it seems Android has the stuff that is most important to most people, since Android's market share is significantly larger than that of iOS (47% for Android compared to 29% for iOS). The days of Apple's dominance in the smart phone market are long gone. And the idea of desktop icons is not that revolutionary.

Ok. Apple has their place, and "desktop icons" is not what Apple came up with on the iPhone. Basically, the things I don't like about Android outweight the things I don't like about the iPhone. It's whatever.

Well, I'm not discussing what you think, and neither were you until your last post. You claimed "most people"prefer iOS. I pointed out that is not the case.

The desktop icons comment was made as a general reply to the crowd who think Android looks like iOS when all iOS really is, design wise, is a bunch of program shortcuts laid out in a grid. That said, of course the iPhone laid the groundwork for the current smartphone market. It wasn't that innovative, however, it just took what was already there and made it work (really) well. Kind of like WoW for MMOs.

If the Apple's products weren't part of such a closed system, I would probably own more of their products than just the first generation iPod touch myself.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ashogo

@NoelVeiga said:

@Blubba said:

I must be the only person who liked Apollo Justice.

No, you are not.

I liked it more than Miles, and I though it had a pretty interesting overarching plot.

Seeing Phoenix Wright as the old, savvy, world-weary retired lawyer was weird, though. In a good way.

I really enjoyed it as well. The Edgeworth game was the first dull one in my opinion.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Dan_CiTi

@Anund said:

@Dan_CiTi said:

@Anund said:

@Dan_CiTi said:

Well, I'm not discussing what you think, and neither were you until your last post. You claimed "most people"prefer iOS. I pointed out that is not the case.

The desktop icons comment was made as a general reply to the crowd who think Android looks like iOS when all iOS really is, design wise, is a bunch of program shortcuts laid out in a grid. That said, of course the iPhone laid the groundwork for the current smartphone market. It wasn't that innovative, however, it just took what was already there and made it work (really) well. Kind of like WoW for MMOs.

If the Apple's products weren't part of such a closed system, I would probably own more of their products than just the first generation iPod touch myself.

Eh, the closed system thing has never affected me it matters for some people who want customization out the ass, but I don't need all that. When I end up doing all of that on a phone or whatever it ultimately amounts to very little actual use.

Though It makes sense Android has a bigger market share, there are far more Android phones, where as there are about 5 different iPhones, and Droids are usually cheaper. And I guess? Apple just made smartphones matter and actually powerful tools. Goddamn, palm treos were fucking terrible. That being said the iPhones before the 3GS were lame too, but still one of the better things on the market besides a few things.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#117  Edited By King9999

Finger-pointing in 3D will be glorious.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Anund

@Dan_CiTi said:

@Anund said:

@Dan_CiTi said:

@Anund said:

@Dan_CiTi said:

Eh, the closed system thing has never affected me it matters for some people who want customization out the ass, but I don't need all that. When I end up doing all of that on a phone or whatever it ultimately amounts to very little actual use.

Though It makes sense Android has a bigger market share, there are far more Android phones, where as there are about 5 different iPhones, and Droids are usually cheaper. And I guess? Apple just made smartphones matter and actually powerful tools. Goddamn, palm treos were fucking terrible. That being said the iPhones before the 3GS were lame too, but still one of the better things on the market besides a few things.

I really liked the iPod touch. I just fucking hated iTunes and the fact that I couldn't just drag and drop files to the device in explorer like you could with any other MP3 player up until then. That is the main reason I stopped using Apple products. When I got my work phone the standard phone they bought everyone was the iPhone. I turned it down and got a Windows Mobile 6 phone. Now that was a horrible experience. I ended up buying a new phone with my own money, an HTC Magic, my first Android phone and I just never turned back.

My current phone, the HTC Sensation, has everything the iPhone has, except I can do what I want with it and I can transfer files to it without special software. I guess I just really don't see the appeal of the iPhone other than it's pretty cool looking. But frankly, so is my phone ;)

If you've invested heavily in the AppStore and iTunes I can see why someone would want to stick with Apple's products, but aside from that there is no reason to pay those extra couple of hundred bucks for an i-product when you have the cheaper option of Android which works just as well. The only case where that isn't true is the tablet market. I still don't see an Android tablet which can compete with the iPad, specially when considering price.

I get the feeling the U.S. is more loyal to Apple than the rest of the world. I don't see many iPhones around anymore, most have switched to Android or Windows Phone 7. Then again, I mostly spend time with programmers and engineers. I guess we are more likely to want full control of the devices we use. Likely, the iPhone is still the primary choice among "normal people".

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Dan_CiTi

@Anund: Yeah, the only files I ever put on my phone is music, and using something like iTunes to do that makes sense for my OCD ID3 tag shit. And I can drag and drop videos into the iPhone's VLC app, but I'd never want to watch a video on anything smaller than a iPad-or-so screen.

admordem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#120  Edited By admordem

@King9999 said:

Finger-pointing in 3D will be glorious.

That's totally what I thought!

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#121  Edited By lord_canti

capcom hates its fans it will not be released in the west. its sad to say i want to get excited but i cant a line up of this AAI2 and vs layton on top of resi 6 would make me like them again but it wont happen all we will get is another middling resi game

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is fantastic so far, btw. Great deal I think. Especially for those who haven't played the games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.