Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ace Attorney

Franchise »

A courtroom/detective based drama game series, likened to an interactive novel with logic puzzle elements.

What is your favorite Ace Attorney game?

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Ross
    Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ross

I can't decide.  The ending of Apollo was awesome but the initial shock at how good the first one was sticks with me.  Thoughts?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Ah, this is a great question. For me it was definately Trials and Tribulations. The games are fundamentally the same, but the story in that one put me over the edge. IRIS!!!!!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

My favorite? Trials and Tribulations. Best writing and best final case.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentJ
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    " My favorite? Trials and Tribulations. Best writing and best final case. "
    I'm glad we can agree on things : )
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    "
    Really? Do we disagree on things?
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgentJ
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    "
    Really? Do we disagree on things? "
    Hrm, it seems like we disagreed on something recently. I guess i dont remember
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By ImperiousRix

For me, it's the original.
    The stories just really grabbed me in the original, not to mention it had pretty varied gameplay when compared to the rest of the Phoenix Wright games.  To me, it's still my favorite.

Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Happy

I'd have to say Trials and Tribulations. I didn't like the last case as much as the last case of the first game, but overall I enjoyed it more. I really liked the Mask de Masque case. I still haven't played Apollo Justice though.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @Happy said:
    " I'd have to say Trials and Tribulations. I didn't like the last case as much as the last case of the first game, but overall I enjoyed it more. I really liked the Mask de Masque case. I still haven't played Apollo Justice though. "
    Sadly, I don't think you are missing a ton by not playing Apollo Justice, except perhaps the last case, which is excellent (but full of plot holes).
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    "
    @Happy said:
    " I'd have to say Trials and Tribulations. I didn't like the last case as much as the last case of the first game, but overall I enjoyed it more. I really liked the Mask de Masque case. I still haven't played Apollo Justice though. "
    Sadly, I don't think you are missing a ton by not playing Apollo Justice, except perhaps the last case, which is excellent (but full of plot holes). "
    I dunno, Apollo isnt great, but the supporting cast more than make up for him. Phoenix, scientist girl, Gavin, his brother, and the rest are great. 
    Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ross
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    "
    @Happy said:
    Sadly, I don't think you are missing a ton by not playing Apollo Justice, except perhaps the last case, which is excellent (but full of plot holes). "
    I dunno, Apollo isnt great, but the supporting cast more than make up for him. Phoenix, scientist girl, Gavin, his brother, and the rest are great. 
    "
    Yeah Phoenix goes from goofy and funny in his series to badass in Apollo Justice.  Kinda like both sides of him.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    "
    @Happy said:
    "
    I liked all those characters (Except Apollo and Trucy, who are basically just Phoenix and Maya with different names). It's just that they really didn't do a ton to move the series forward in any way except by adding a few nice little touch screen gimmicks.
    MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By MrPerfect

I have not played that much of any game in the series, I would more or less need a suggestion. 

TheMathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By TheMathlete

The original is my choice.  The game that set the standardand brought point and click adventure games back.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By apathylad

I'll go with Trials and Tribulations. The Edgeworth segment was cool, and I'm glad he's getting his own game with Gumshoe as his sidekick.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By JJOR64

Probably the first one because of the last case.  I own the first 3 and love em all.  Speaking of that I still need to finish the third one.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AgentJ
    @JJOR64 said:
    " Probably the first one because of the last case.  I own the first 3 and love em all.  Speaking of that I still need to finish the third one. "
    yeah, you should do that. 
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Fallen189

Ace Attorney. The 4th and 5th cases. Then again, EVERY CASE is phenomenal, I don't think any of them are bad.

Then again, Trials and Tribulations, last case.

GODOT!

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By PureRok

I've only played the first one all the way through, and I've started on the second. So, if I were to go based on my experience so far, it'd be PW: Ace Attorney.

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ross

I can't even really remember the cases form Justice for All off the top of my head.  Were there any ones that stood out?  The first game stands out just because it was the first.  Trials and Tribulations was overall good (last case was very memorable).  In Apollo Justice the last case was pretty memorable.   So any explainers and/or defenders of JFA?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AgentJ
    @Ross said:
    " I can't even really remember the cases form Justice for All off the top of my head.  Were there any ones that stood out?  The first game stands out just because it was the first.  Trials and Tribulations was overall good (last case was very memorable).  In Apollo Justice the last case was pretty memorable.   So any explainers and/or defenders of JFA? "
    The case where Maya was "posessed" was very interesting, but thats the only one that stands out to me. Oh wait, then there was that one where she was abducted by "Shelly De Killer". That was a good one too
    drsalvador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By drsalvador

The first one is my favourite, I know some of you may disagree but I think the rest of series just wasn't as fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.