• 76 results
#1 Edited by shinigami420 (640 posts) -

This game looks fucking sick

#2 Posted by CosmicQueso (569 posts) -

sick fucking looks game, this!

#3 Posted by MrXD (240 posts) -

Hot damn this looks awesome

#4 Edited by McQuinn (651 posts) -

Too much beeping but other than that, this games so fucking awesome.

#5 Posted by jrlyon (133 posts) -

That dude just downed almost 250 million dollars in aircraft (F16*15) and then scraped his own 150 million dollar plane (F22). Just another day at the office Colonel?

#6 Posted by fl4tlined (67 posts) -

im not gonna lie im impressed this game looks pretty awesome

#7 Posted by Duder_Me (307 posts) -

What were they going to do with that ink anyway? Sounds like some evil genius' lame idea for mischief. 

#8 Posted by IamTerics (409 posts) -

Looks pretty cool. The music helps.

#9 Posted by kollay (1928 posts) -

Fuck.

YESSSSSS! Demons of Razgriz is on your ass.

#10 Posted by Cypher (114 posts) -

CHRIST, this game looks great.

#11 Posted by RedRocketWestie (381 posts) -

@jrlyon said:

That dude just downed almost 250 million dollars in aircraft (F16*15) and then scraped his own 150 million dollar plane (F22). Just another day at the office Colonel?

$250 million in aircraft piloted by "bandits" no less. Not to mention the missile counter in the hundreds.

I don't think I'll ever understand the appeal of Ace Combat. It's hyper-realistic visuals juxtaposed with cartoony over-the-top premise.

#12 Posted by Savior82 (28 posts) -

This video was enough, I've now paid my preorder. :)

#13 Posted by kollay (1928 posts) -

Keiki Kobayashi once again shines with his superb musical score.

The soundtracks for the AC games has always been one of its strongest points.

#14 Posted by Aegis (2 posts) -

i am willing to accept how ridiculous this is because of how awesome it looks.

#15 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

If you've never played an Ace Combat games, what's the best one on modern consoles to try? (if there's even more than one)

#16 Edited by CrimsonJester (148 posts) -

Sure hope Miami was evacuated with the amount of bullets and shrapnel that must be coming down from this fight.

<edit> wrong city

#17 Posted by JackColt (89 posts) -

@CrimsonJester said:

Sure hope San Diego was evacuated with the amount of bullets and shrapnel that must be coming down from this fight.

It's Miami. An insanely detailed and well-rendered Miami.

I think I'd be too distracted trying to find my house to actually play the game.

#18 Posted by Cypher (114 posts) -

@HarlequinRiot:

There's just one on Xbox 360, Ace Combat 6. It's pretty good if you like flying around in jets and getting tone, and don't mind laughably bad writing. Dont' expect the level of dynamic action showcased in Assault Horizon, though.

#19 Posted by evanbrass (12 posts) -

This looks just like Top Gun on the NES

#20 Edited by MisterMouse (3547 posts) -

woah I just noticed this trailer is 10 minutes long. Also I was really surprised by that... kind of looks cool. I was also really into the music.

#21 Posted by Eribuster (487 posts) -

So sweet. It looks like they have taken the Tactical Command Maneuver from The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces and made it less of a cheat. 

@RedRocketWestie said: 

I don't think I'll ever understand the appeal of Ace Combat. It's hyper-realistic visuals juxtaposed with cartoony over-the-top premise.

I think you understand the appeal just fine. It's the excitement of fighter jets throwing missiles at each other without the harsh and plodding realities of simulations. Hmm, you can say the same about a lot of other games. Anyway, there aren't many video games about fighter jets and even fewer that makes it very easy to jump in and start blowing stuff up.
#22 Posted by NEOnuts (52 posts) -

fucking game this sick, looks!

#23 Posted by duane_woods (34 posts) -

That game looks awesome

#24 Posted by kollay (1928 posts) -

@HarlequinRiot: 6, being the only one for next gen, is pretty decent. However, 4, 5 and Zero hold up well even though they're last gen.

#25 Posted by EverydayOdyssey (171 posts) -

Is this only out for X360? The buildings look pretty awesome but the ground textures appear blurry. Soundtrack is pretty good, thought.

#26 Posted by ScreamingFist (362 posts) -

Wow, this looks fucking SICK! Must have!

#27 Posted by LoktarOgar (371 posts) -
@RedRocketWestie said:

@jrlyon said:

$250 million in aircraft piloted by "bandits" no less. Not to mention the missile counter in the hundreds.

But what does appeal to you is having to return to base after firing your realistic payload, half of which you probably wasted anyway? I don't see how that's any fun.
#28 Posted by Jeffk38uk (715 posts) -

Watched it twice, and it still grabs my full attention. I love their stylised approach to the series, with their excellent musical score. Hopefully it does well later in the year.

#29 Posted by ShawnS (165 posts) -

I HAVE TONE AND THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT! This is going to annoy the piss out of my wife.

#30 Posted by DefaultProphet (397 posts) -

I'm really glad that all that stuff is optional. But at the same time......when the person controlling the plane isn't super spastic it looks damned good. Holy shit. Do want.

#31 Edited by Blackout62 (1337 posts) -

Oh Ace Combat thanks for always reminding me that I and some Naval Postgraduate School bros could in fact write a better plot for a jet fighting game than your devs. I just hope what you've made this time has less anime and more military badass. You're already on thin ice with the wingman chatting up the helicopter about cigars and... football? while the latter is dangerously engaged in a urban search and rescue op and the former is engaged in active combat. If I see one innocent young woman who does not appear to belong in plane, your story is dead to me.

#33 Posted by SharpShotApollo (146 posts) -

Can. not. wait. Boner Factory.

#34 Posted by partoftheproblem (44 posts) -

This must be what dogfights are like in the Metal Gear universe.

#35 Posted by umdesch4 (772 posts) -

Yup, sold! There are simply not enough fast paced flying combat games, realism and intelligent plot be damned. This is gonna look so good on my 10' projector!

#36 Posted by Giantstalker (1624 posts) -

Normally I demand more realism from any kind of military game I play, but in Assault Horizon's case I'll make an exception.

That trailer was incredible. Please just take my money now Namco Bandai

#37 Posted by Chris2KLee (2334 posts) -

Looks pretty slick, which is par for the course for Ace Combat. That said, I hope they put up a demo because I really want to see how the game feels before I commit my $60.

#38 Posted by Anund (881 posts) -

It looks fun, but a little repetitive. I wonder how long that gameplay would actually entertain? Cool trailer though.

#39 Posted by Eribuster (487 posts) -
@Blackout62: But the Ace Combat pilots must have the snow come and dance with the angels!
#40 Edited by DiGiTaL_SiN (1789 posts) -

How the hell did he survive that??
#41 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -
@DiGiTaL_SiN said:

It's a new air combat innovation known as clipping, when in danger just go right through shit
#42 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

Yup, this is more or less what I expected out of a AC game and I LOVE IT! Looks a little too crazy though. Guess it's something you have to try out first to see. Still waiting for trailers on the helicopter action. 

@EverydayOdyssey said:

Is this only out for X360? The buildings look pretty awesome but the ground textures appear blurry. Soundtrack is pretty good, thought.

They've always had a really good soundtrack for the series and yeah, it's for 360 and PS3.
#43 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

@Venatio said:

@DiGiTaL_SiN said:
It's a new air combat innovation known as clipping, when in danger just go right through shit

Man that's some next level shit right there.

#44 Posted by confideration (406 posts) -

This was running while I was walking around my house and all I could hear was BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

#45 Posted by Quipido (633 posts) -

Stupid high pitch noises coming out of this trailer drove me crazy. This game is already so far from realistic, I don't know why can't they loose those sounds as well.

#46 Posted by icanfly8101 (2 posts) -

I can't wait for this game, other then that for all the people that are saying that he is fighting F-16s he is not, those are SU-30s maybe even the SU-35

#47 Posted by SmotPoker (36 posts) -

The novice control scheme is off-putting.

#48 Posted by WEKS (33 posts) -

I've always been a simulator kind of guy, but damn that looks cool.

#49 Posted by InternetJames (78 posts) -
#50 Posted by RTSlord (1200 posts) -

this looks awesome, and the music is amazing. i cant wait for it to come out 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.