New Ace Combat On Your Six

• 67 results
#1 Posted by gester2k (17 posts) -

Looks good

#2 Posted by jking47 (1207 posts) -

this looks fun, my friend used to have ace combat on the ps2 and I enjoyed that, will probably pick this up

#3 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

On My Six Madness!

#4 Posted by Olivaw (1215 posts) -

I continue to be impressed by how aggressively cool this Ace Combat game looks.

#5 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

Does this one have Puddle of Mudd? Because I think all Ace Combat games could use more Puddle of Mudd

#6 Posted by the_gallo (141 posts) -

Hey, your plane's bleeding.

#7 Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -

Looks like the new Ace Combat game has got tone.

#8 Posted by Jeffk38uk (715 posts) -

Been a while since we seen the first reveal, loving their new cinematic style during gameplay which was their main focus, certainly looking forward to more.

#9 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@MattBodega said:
" Looks like the new Ace Combat game has got tone. "
Nice one.
#10 Posted by Wuddel (2078 posts) -

So do these games have flight stick support usually? Just got one for PS3/PC.

#11 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

'Splosions!

#12 Posted by JayCee (567 posts) -

Airplanes!

#13 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Sky sharks? It truly is the end of the world.

#14 Posted by Eribuster (479 posts) -

War Wolf versus Markov. Actually, I couldn't make out the call sign to the colonel that seems most likely to be one of the player characters. Adding to that, I couldn't make out what Markov was saying.

#15 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2375 posts) -

That looks so much cooler than all the other Ace combat games. By adding gears of war camera angles it became so much more awesome.

#16 Posted by Gerhabio (1975 posts) -

Planes... Planes never change.

#17 Posted by Koobz (364 posts) -

I've never cared about these games, but man these trailers keep getting me more pumped for whatever this actually is.  Good job, marketing team.

#18 Posted by golguin (3833 posts) -

Hopefully the game will have a compelling storyline. The last storyline that I cared for in any of the games was in Unsung War.

#19 Posted by Ramone (2954 posts) -

Ace Combat and MGS are the only crazy japanese franchises I have any love for. Let's hope this game's as badass as it looks

#20 Posted by MrXD (240 posts) -

Hells yeah!

#21 Posted by emem (1960 posts) -

Wow, what a great trailer. I haven't played an air combat game since Chuck Yeager/Red Baron, but if the game is half as good as the trailer I'm gonna give it a try.

#22 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1664 posts) -

Seems awesome. Hopefully the close-up battle system they are developing can help breathe a little life into the standard "lock onto dudes and then subsequently blow them up" flight combat.

#23 Posted by MackGyver (516 posts) -

I love this series.

#24 Posted by librariangmr (178 posts) -

I've always enjoyed the Ace Combat games, so I will definitely pick this up. The game for the 360 was great, with visuals that almost made me sick!

#25 Posted by WiqidBritt (575 posts) -

"american"? so they're not using made up country names this time? that was one of my favorite things about this franchise :\

#26 Posted by NewfieBullet (87 posts) -

Looks good but Assault Horizon is a horrendous name

#27 Posted by Swordfish9 (165 posts) -

Markov? Or is it "Makarov"?

#28 Posted by Mikemcn (6937 posts) -

If Markov doesn't say at some point "Time to die, Capitalist Dogs!" Im not buying it. 

#29 Posted by Dain22 (312 posts) -
@Xpgamer7 said:
" That looks so much cooler than all the other Ace combat games. By adding gears of war camera angles it became so much more awesome. "
Agreed. The footage thus far has me hyped.
#30 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

A Russian who looks exactly like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and says cliche lines like "Goodnight arrogant American", he must surely be every Americans sworn enemy and worst nightmare. Only the American military can stop him now. I have a feeling the story is not going to be good.

#31 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1355 posts) -

Over under on a green smoke referance?

#32 Posted by GoldenGlove (54 posts) -
@ShaneDev said:
" A Russian who looks exactly like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and says cliche lines like "Goodnight arrogant American", he must surely be every Americans sworn enemy and worst nightmare. Only the American military can stop him now. I have a feeling the story is not going to be good. "
It may not be a good story, but it is the necessary story.
#33 Posted by thomasonfa (317 posts) -

Cool, is this the first aircraft game to fight over Dubai? It looks fun.

#34 Posted by grbear (59 posts) -

I kinda wish they aimed to be more like Hot Shots in tone and not Call of Duty in the sky. An airbrake that stops you right away would make dogfights a little more interesting.

#35 Posted by Mumrik (1074 posts) -

So, how much for the DLC this time? :-D

#36 Posted by selbie (1835 posts) -

Damn it, I was expecting to see flying sharks. WHY CAN'T THERE BE FLYING SHARKS?

#37 Posted by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -

Looks good, but I love Ace Combat.

#38 Posted by yorro (558 posts) -

Looks crazy!

#39 Posted by Mechabolic (122 posts) -

50 dollars says that they set this ace combat in the real world and there will not be some awesome super weapon that we get to take out because they want the CoD crowd's money.  Well, at least I have the PS2 games... :(

#40 Posted by TheHT (10810 posts) -

damnit all, holiday season my wallet's screwed

#41 Posted by blueman90 (192 posts) -

Cool trailer.
#42 Posted by MeatSim (10739 posts) -

This has got my interest more then the other Ace Combat games have so far.

#43 Posted by Brendan (7667 posts) -

This game looks fun as hell.

#44 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Man, this game is looking better and better!

#45 Edited by kollay (1926 posts) -

Can't wait for another "Unsung War" implementation somewhere in the most kickest ass piece in the soundtrack.

EDIT: FUCK I THINK I JUST HEARD IT AT THE END, ACTUALLY. HOLY SHIT THAT'S SO GOOD.
#46 Posted by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -

Pass.

I for one enjoyed the previous games in the franchise and am sad to see the new game is essentially HAWX 3.

#47 Posted by chickdigger802 (501 posts) -

where is the signature absurdly huge air base?

#48 Posted by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -
@chickdigger802: Why would there be one?  Now that AC is happening in the real world of US vs Russia, what are the chances of a crazy flying base or an anti-asteroid cannon?
#49 Posted by CreativeColossi (215 posts) -
@Stahlbrand: Too bad it's totally not, and if you followed the game or read anything about it you'd know that, but okay.
#50 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -
DAT TEXTURE

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.