Giantbomb's achievement UI

#1 Posted by Kidavenger (3380 posts) -

What do the colors in the progress bars represent?

Orange seems to represent your current progress to a point, then for some reason it changes to light orange, then there is red which I'm guessing indicates a future milestone, but it doesn't show in all games...

#2 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

Ok so the darker orange in your GT5 represents the average completion of the game achievements wise. The lighter orange is your progress, it is further so there for you have an A grade. 

On Xmen destiny you dont have as many achievements as the average which is represented by the reddish bar. So therefore you have a D grade. 

basically if you above average your bar is light orange and the average bar is dark orange. If you are below average your bar is dark orange and the average bar is red. 

I hope that was clear.

#3 Posted by Kidavenger (3380 posts) -

@CptChiken: So red is average until you pass average, at which point red becomes orange and light orange is how far past average you are?

Madness.

#4 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

That is correct, yeah its not the simplest thing in the world but acheviement tracking has been broken for about a year now so it doesnt really matter.

#5 Posted by Kidavenger (3380 posts) -

@CptChiken: They fixed all the tracking and updating about a month ago.

The UI could use an update though.

#6 Posted by Optimus_Grime (14 posts) -

Thanks this really cleared things up for me, what about the number beside the rank? Is that how many users share that letter rank? Or users who have simply played the game?

#7 Posted by BisonHero (5662 posts) -

@Optimus_Grime: I believe that number is simply all the users that have played the game. The total number of users with that game, basically.

#8 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

I really wish GB would go back and give the Achievements system some more love. Things have been hampered and broken for a while now, and even then, it could use a fresh coat of paint and such.

#9 Posted by DarthOrange (3497 posts) -

A more important question is why the hell is PSN trophy syncing exclusive to paid members?

#10 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

A more important question is why the hell is PSN trophy syncing exclusive to paid members?

...because it's in beta. That's been stated many times before.

#11 Posted by DarthOrange (3497 posts) -

@jakob187:

oh ok. seems to work just fine.

#12 Posted by Optimus_Grime (14 posts) -

Well it was working but now i haventgotten an update in like two weeks. ugh. this is one of my favorite reasons for coming to giant bomb.

#13 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Optimus_Grime said:

Well it was working but now i haventgotten an update in like two weeks. ugh. this is one of my favorite reasons for coming to giant bomb.

Blame Microsoft, they always seem to be changing things on their website which then breaks other websites using their API

#14 Posted by EightBitShik (1333 posts) -

@CptChiken: Ha, this has been one of my favorite features on the site and I never noticed the different colors. @DarthOrange: It's not working just fine. I am having trophies not update but others are. I got 7 trophies in Uncharted but a week before that I got 2 in Back to the future and it just posted today.

#15 Posted by Vadis (222 posts) -

@Optimus_Grime: Yeah it's not like you can hit "manage accounts" and click refresh next to your PSN ID...

OH WAIT, YOU CAN!

#16 Edited by Vager (1653 posts) -

I quite sure they'll redesign it at some point. They have been slowly doing that to each section of the site. I think guides was the last one done.

I believe user profiles is next thing to get a redesign.

#17 Posted by Optimus_Grime (14 posts) -

@Vadis: OH WAIT, I CAN'T! Just remove.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.