Rarest Achievement

• 139 results
#1 Posted by Dethfish (3673 posts) -

What is the rarest achievement (according to GB) you have gotten as of right now? Or maybe you'd like to tell us what achievement you're most proud of instead.

Mine is the Streak Masters achievement from GH 3. Sore Thumb Award from Boom Boom Rocket is third for me but I'm pretty proud of that one.

If you don't know how to find your rarest achievement, all you need to do is click the achievement tab on your profile page then scroll over to 'sort by achievement' and click 'rarity' on the drop down menu.

#2 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Uhh, I dunno, Inhuman Achievement maybe? Maybe Best of the Best in Vegas.

#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I like my Rock Band/Rock Band 2 achievements. I have Platinum Artist on each and a few other good ones.

#4 Edited by gormers (289 posts) -

I am so envious of the 2 people on this site that has the "superstar" achievement in mirrors edge.

Anyway, apparently my tomb raider legend dlc achievements are super rare, but Im most proud of some of my mirrors edge achievements and the smile achievement of geometry wars 2. The killtacular achievement in halo 3 was pretty cool, and Im also pretty proud of the "complete all 50 episodes" achievement in N+.

#5 Posted by Pie (7103 posts) -

Little rocket man in episode two. Ill never forget that goshdarn gnome.....

#6 Posted by KnifeySpoony (1164 posts) -

My most rare is 1,000,000 Online credits in Forza 2, which is a pretty good accomplishment. Sadly most of my rare achievements are not that difficult and are just from games that people don't play. I do have the Taking it for the Team achievement in GTAIV though.

#7 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -

I still don't have my XBL achievements synced to my account yet...but my WoW achievements are!!!  Hopefully, that means my XBL stuff will be up before the end of the day, and I can share what mine is.  = D

#8 Posted by Bigvic785 (120 posts) -

My rarest achievement is in dbz burst limit. Finish survival mode. Im one of two people, but I think the rarest achievement in terms of ratio is Auf Wiederstein Petrovich in GTA IV. Four people out of four thousand have this achievement. It is by far the most riduculus achievement ever.

#9 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

Fly The Co-Op for GTAIV. Those times were insane.

#10 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -
Pie said:

#11 Posted by Marino (4715 posts) -

50 Eagles and 25 Holes in One on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

Staff
#12 Posted by Djstyles92 (953 posts) -

mines the famous pinata from viva pinata TiP

#13 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

Well, I have around 15 "rare" achievements, but the first one on the list is "THIS! IS! ANNEX!" from Gears of War 1.

It was a real bitch to get, I remember, and I was the first one out of my entire GeoW friend community to get it (and those guys were super pissed because they considered themselves "god-like" at that game).

Here's the description: "Complete 100 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in Annex and capture 3 objectives in each match"

#14 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
Pie said:
I never even bothered with that ridiculous achievement.
#15 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -
#16 Posted by Vasta_Narada (447 posts) -

While not my rarest (though only out-rared by completing the Forest of Death with Sasuke in Naruto: Rise of a Ninja), I'm most proud of my "Survived 1,000,000 Points" achievement in Geometry Wars 1. Damn, that was an intense achievement.

#17 Posted by Mr_Bauer (398 posts) -
#18 Edited by heavymtlhead (219 posts) -

I have the perfectionist achievement in Time Pilot which is shared by me, Jeff, and 8 others. Thats my rarest achievement and its out of about 800 people.

#19 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
Pie said:
Yeah, that is probably mine. Simply hell going through that.
#20 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I am lacking in the rare achievement department. I need to get some rare achievements in Rock Band 2 and Left 4 Dead, and then I will be in a better standing. Right now, I have the "Hit 69 bikers with a bat" achievement as the one that pops up first (GTA IV L&D).

#21 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -
#22 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -
#23 Edited by Daz0608 (384 posts) -
Agent_Lost said:
Online Champion 20 points Win 10 online Races 0 comments Burnout Paradise Jan. 25, 2008 Firestarter 20 points Make 50 ... [more]
I should play more of that game competitive online
#24 Posted by idiotic_genius1 (416 posts) -

Mines some 30 point secret achievement from Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

#25 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

Mine is Origami Master from Stranglehold.  You get it by finding 250 origami paper cranes hidden in the levels.  Whats weird is that the game will keep adding cranes even if you get the same one twice.  I had about 150 by the time I finished the game so I just kept replaying the first level (which had 12 cranes) until I got the 250.

#26 Posted by Brutal_Bisp (146 posts) -

I wish I knew. My achievements are still #384 in queue.

#27 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

At least two of my rare achievements (including the rarest, I believe) are from Turok multiplayer.  I'm probably MOST proud of my Hardcore achievement (earn 1,000 kills) in Team Fortress 2 on the Orange Box.

#28 Posted by lordofultima (6252 posts) -
@Pie: One of my favorite achievements for sure, not necessarily the "hardest," I'd say there's harder ones in The Orange Box in general (That stupid neighborhood achievement comes to mind). Goodbye little gnomey, we'll miss you!
#29 Posted by Pie (7103 posts) -
CL60 said:
Pie said: Little rocket man in episode two. Ill never forget that goshdarn gnome..... I never even bothered with that ... [more]
Its one of the funnest achievements ive done.
#30 Posted by LordCrom (277 posts) -

I would mention my 7 rare achievements and how proud of them I am, but fear everyone would than attempt to get them and they would no longer be rare and than neither would I.....be rare. :P

#31 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6993 posts) -

If I could use the achievement system, I would have some rare ones in Rock Band 2.

#32 Posted by JosephBarron (137 posts) -
#33 Posted by dankempster (2253 posts) -

Apparently my rarest achievement is the Liberty City Minute achievement in Grand Theft Auto IV. That being said, I have earned a few achievements since being back at Uni, but I won't be able to sync them to my LIVE account until the end of June.

#34 Posted by Archleone (42 posts) -

Technically my rarest achievement is The Horseman's Reins from WoW, but I'm proud of geting Heroic: The Twilight Zone (also from WoW) before they made it easy.to get.

#35 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

Aha!  Figured it out :)  Anyway, 

My rarest achievement is "Hero of Nagoya" from Space Invaders Extreme (29 people unlocked so far not counting me) but it hasn't been updated on Giant Bomb yet :/

Hero of Nagoya
25 points
Achieved 1 ROW using the Nagoya Attack technique.
1 comment
Space Invaders Extreme

My second (and for the moment rarest until Giant Bomb updates) rarest achievement is "Seeker" from Castlevania Symphony of The Night.

Seeker
35 points
Explore 200.6% of the game.
0 comments
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
March 31, 2007

#36 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
Pie said:
CL60 said: Pie said: Little rocket man in episode two. Ill never forget that goshdarn gnome..... I never even bothered ... [more]
I don't have the patience to do it.
#37 Posted by Pie (7103 posts) -
@CL60: I give up....
#38 Posted by TobyD81 (1228 posts) -

Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah from Hexic HD: only 20 people (0.3%) have it!

#39 Posted by modeps (96 posts) -
#40 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -
#41 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -
Escapologist
20 points
Reach a score of 5,000 or more by the end of Situation 5.
0 comments
Exit
May 22, 2008

I don't know if I'm proud of it, really - and I'm surprised it's not lower. My guess is that not many people have fired the game back up since the patch that fixed the achievement, as it was busted for the longest time.

I'm most proud of Survivor, though. 13 of 1600 people have it, and earning that achievement was quite a struggle.

SURVIVOR
25 points
Finish the game without dying in survival mode.
0 comments
Prince of Persia
June 27, 2007
#42 Edited by Vager (1654 posts) -
#43 Posted by guiseppe (2841 posts) -

I have 56 rare achievements and the most rare would probably be one of the Dead Rising ones. Or possibly something Guitar Hero related.

#44 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -

I've got a couple that only a few other people on the site have.  As for my rarest, grand pearl pooh-bah on Hexic takes it, shortly followed by beating Ninja Gaiden 2 on master ninja, pimp killer on Saint's Row (at least I think that's what the secret achievement is), and getting all weapons in Earth Defense Force.  I'm perhaps the most proud of that one since I played that whole game solo (no splitscrean partner)

#45 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -
TobyD81 said:

DAMN RIGHT!
#46 Posted by ValkyrieGoddess (1922 posts) -

I was the First one to get this achievement. It's from Culdcept Saga.

Dragon Lord (30 points)
Achieve victory with all the dragons deployed at the same time.
Rarity Level rare First Unlocked March 24, 2008
# of Players Unlocked 5
#47 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

Sadly, my rarest concern Marathon 2 XBLA, a game I wish more people played.

Thing What Kicks
20 points
Kill a Juggernaut in Survival and live to tell the tale.
0 comments
Marathon 2: Durandal
June 25, 2008
Hats off to 819
21 points
The secret of 2401 lies within.
0 comments
Dec. 21, 2007
King Pfhor a Day
10 points
Outscore all the other players (at least 3) combined in a KOTH or KTMWTB game.
0 comments
June 19, 2008
You Think You're Big Time
20 points
Win a multiplayer game with at least 4 players in every map in the Total Carnage Netmap Pack.
0 comments
Jan. 3, 2009
VidMaster
35 points
I give no secrets.
0 comments
Dec. 25, 2007

As for the rare achievements concerning games that those of you play...

Aperture Science
40 points
Earn gold medals on all Portal challenges.
3 comments
The Orange Box
Dec. 12, 2007

Yes. I actually have that.

Treasure Trove
20 points
Obtain all Treasure Box items in the field. The items you missed may be available at auction houses.
0 comments
Lost Odyssey
April 4, 2008

I have an "S-Rank" in Lost Odyssey. I think the P.Killaon achievement is secret and doesn't show up.

#48 Posted by cinemandrew (711 posts) -

I think my rarest one is a secret one for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. So yeah... I'm very proud of it, whatever it is.

#49 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
Pie said:
@CL60: I give up....
Indeed. It looks like a great achievement and there is no reason to be so sour about it. I will try it on my next playthrough of that game.
#50 Posted by Eelcire (367 posts) -
TobyD81 said:

Gah! I still haven't been able to get that damn thing; most I got was 4 black pearls...

Many of my rare achievements are from games that not many people play, and the fact that they are insane collection based games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.