Rarest and Most Common Achievement

#1 Posted by Steffs (14 posts) -

I was sorting my Achievements by Rarity and thought it might be interesting to share. My Rarest Achievement is from Civilization V and is Tomb Raider, Pillage gold from an Egyptian city with a burial tomb in it. And my Most Common is from You Don't Know Jack and is It's Just More of This, Finish an Episode. Of course my second Most Common is from Civilization V and is Treasure Hunter, Discover an Ancient Ruin. Sort of neat that Civilization V has such a huge disparity for Achievement rarity.    Anyone else have any rare, not rare achievements to share?

#2 Edited by AjayRaz (12465 posts) -
#3 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -

My rarest is the achievement "Stealth" from the XBLA release of Rush n' attack and my most common is the place a sticker trophy from LBP from back when this site had PSN trophies on it.

#4 Posted by JacDG (2128 posts) -
#5 Edited by Tebbit (4480 posts) -

My rarest is

Survival Beginner
Earn at least a bronze medal on any level in single player Survival.

So uh, I guess not too many people on this site played Serious Sam: The Second Encounter HD!

My most common was

Spoocey!
Grab the first Spooce in the game.

Wait... really?

This seems wrong to me. There is no way more people got an achievement in the PC release of Munch's Oddysee than LittleBigPlanet with it's sticker trophy... is there!?

The rarest one I'm actually proud of is

Suffragette
Complete the light world of the Cotton Alley.

That was a hell of a mission!

#6 Posted by JacDG (2128 posts) -

@Tebbit said:

My rarest is

Survival BeginnerEarn at least a bronze medal on any level in single player Survival.

So uh, I guess not too many people on this site played Serious Sam: The Second Encounter HD!

My most common was

Spoocey!Grab the first Spooce in the game.

Wait... really?

This seems wrong to me. There is no way more people got an achievement in the PC release of Munch's Oddysee than LittleBigPlanet with it's sticker trophy... is there!?

It's based on the number of players who have played the game and unlocked the, not total number of unlocks :)

#7 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

The most rare achievement I have is "Hypersonic" from Mafia II's expansion, Joe's Adventures. I found it quite easy to do but still, if it's rare I'm pleased with it. The most common one I have, apparently, is for earning the caravan in Test Drive Unlimited 2.

#8 Posted by hanktherapper (383 posts) -

Five out of six of my rarest achievements are from collecting tokens in Spider-Man 3. The odd one is the Rocketman achievement in Toy Soldiers "Invasions" DLC. Most commone is 30 Ghost Combo from Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.

#9 Edited by Commando (1878 posts) -

My rarest is from World of Warcraft. It's Wrath of the Horde. Kill 5 Alliance players in each of their home cities. Funny since I haven't played WoW in almost a year now. 

My most common is from Mortal Kombat. It's "Where's the Arcade?". Complete Arcade Ladder with any fighter.

#10 Posted by Tebbit (4480 posts) -

@JacDG: Well that makes more sense. Jesus, 100% of people have got that achievement. I guess you do unlock it within the first 3 seconds of gameplay...

#11 Posted by AlisterCat (5712 posts) -

My Rarest is getting 'Sick' on all film goals in Tony Hawk's Proving Ground. Only 4 people have it on the site and I was the first. (0.3% of players have it)

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/sick-all-film-goals/90978/

I was also the first of 5 to sick all photo goals.

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/sick-all-photo-goals/90981/

My most common is Fairy God Mother from Chime. 99.7% of players have this... must be one of the most common.

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/fairy-godmother/51216/

#12 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Apparently my rarest achievement is a secret achievement from Guitar Hero: World Tour. I'm assuming it's the one I got for scoring above 222,222 as a drummer on Assassin by Muse.

My most common is for beating all the tutorial levels in RUSH.

#13 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2289 posts) -

Apparently not many people beat Space Giraffe for ERROR_SUCCESS

On the other side, people seem to have managed to complete 1 episode of You Don't Know Jack

#14 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

My rarest one is You will learn respect which you get for earning 1000 respect points in Mortal Kombat 9, my most common one being Cooking By The Book which.. means casting a spell in Magicka. None of them are that hard to do, especially not the most common one.

#15 Posted by JellyFish_Gsus (769 posts) -

Rarest achievement is World Champion in Fifa 09 and my most common achievement is Treasure Hunter in Civ5

#16 Posted by Ktargo (100 posts) -

Most Common: In the Right Direction - Complete all tutorial levels (RUSH)

Rarest: Superstar - Attain a Time Trial star rating of 90 (Mirror's Edge)

Both of those are a little surprising.

#17 Posted by gunstar (253 posts) -

Rarest: Beat Bionic Commano: Rearmed on super hard.

Most Common: Shadows of the Damned: Start playing the game.

#18 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
#19 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

Rarest:  Gears of War 2:  Seriously 2.0 

Most Common:  Portal 2:  Wake up call 

This is according to the site, it might change if you included PS3.

#20 Edited by Manhattan_Project (2169 posts) -

Rarest:

Red Dead Redemption - You rule! - Complete all Advanced Co-Op missions.

Most Common:

You Don't Know Jack - It's Just More of This - Finish an episode
#21 Edited by NickL (2247 posts) -

My rarest achievement is from Sneak King (lol) Area Master, get an A rank for all challenges in one level.

My second rarest, one that I am actually proud of, is from ACB Role Model - Get all the co-op bonuses in 1 multiplayer session. (I'm proud of it because I got it the legit way unlike 9(% of the people who have it)

Most common is also that you dont know jack one...

Man all this achievement talk makes me want to go find all the feathers in AC2 and ACB so i can S rank both of those.... Sounds like next weekends project.

#22 Posted by nekobun (9 posts) -

My most common is Nostalgia, from Super Meat Boy. Rarest is Can't Touch This, for 27 medals in Game Room on 360. Man, what a waste of cash, but whatever. I loves me all the Centipedes and Millipedes, and they have freaking Pressure Cooker.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.