Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ACOG Scope

Object » linked to 17 games

The Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (abbreviated ACOG) is a series of telescopic reflex sights manufactured by Trijicon.

How exactly do you aim the ACOG scope?

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

So I generally place well enough in most BFBC2 games, usually either first or second on the board. However I've had a little thing bothering me for a long time, and that's where exactly do the bullets go with an ACOG scope? It's not a big deal in close-medium range, but in long range where each pixel counts, it's the difference between a headshot and a total miss.  

Excuse my terrible drawing, it's supposed to be well proportioned and equally spaced. This represents the chevron or central part of the ACOG, where you aim.  

No Caption Provided
    Basically, does the bullet go right above the chevron (at the point), slightly below it, at the center of the marker, slightly below that, or right under it where it becomes convex? Just post 1,2,3,4 or 5 I guess. Thanks. 
    GreyFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By GreyFox

Right at the tip of the arrow. So either 1 or between 1 and 2 at  your drawing. Never liked scopes wit harrows. I prefer a thin cross. 

Edit: But if you take bullet drop in account, no idea.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Interfect

Thats a really good question. But.... I don't have the answer your looking for... :( 

EDIT: I guess what GreyFox said. It makes sense

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Geno
    @GreyFox said:
    " Right at the tip of the arrow. So either 1 or between 1 and 2 at  your drawing. Never liked scopes wit harrows. I prefer a thin cross.   Edit: But if you take bullet drop in account, no idea. "
    So you're saying it's around here? And yeah, no bullet drop for this case. 
    No Caption Provided
    GreyFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GreyFox
    @Geno said:
    " @GreyFox said:
    " Right at the tip of the arrow. So either 1 or between 1 and 2 at  your drawing. Never liked scopes wit harrows. I prefer a thin cross.   Edit: But if you take bullet drop in account, no idea. "
    So you're saying it's around here? And yeah, no bullet drop for this case. 
    No Caption Provided
    "
    Exactly.
    FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By FirePrince

Use a red dot sight.I find it easy to target people and kill them using it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.