No recent wiki edits to this page.
Action 52 is a game by Active Enterprises, It is a game compilation for the NES and Genesis including an array of games from space shooters to platformers. Since there were advertising the game to have 52 games bundled in one cartridge, the game's retail price was $199.00. All of these games were programmed badly and crashed often. Several games didn't even work (unless you try to use an emulator to play them). It is universally considered one of the worst video game products ever made.
Due to how badly the games were made, there were many speculations that this game was made to scam parents who buy this. Many people believe this due to the fact that Active Enterprises tried to pitch the main game of the cartridge, Cheetahmen, into a big franchise. They tried to make it as big as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but failed due to the poor sales of the game. However, the game did get a sequel, Cheetahmen 2, which was never released in stores, but was leaked in 1996 and only a few copies exist.
List of games for the NES (1991)
- Fire Breathers - A 2-player dragon shooter.
- Star Evil - Space shooter notorious for having a block hit you at the beginning of the game.
- Illuminator - A platformer shooter where you have to kill enemies to keep the screen lit up.
- G-Force Fighters - Another space shooter.
- Ooze - Platformer that had a contest for people who made it to the fifth level got entered into a drawing for $104,000, but it was impossible to win due to the game crashing before you make it that far.
- Silver Sword - Adventure game similar to The Legend of Zelda where you kill bugs.
- Critical Bypass - Space shooter where it was hard to tell where you were shooting.
- Jupiter Scope - Space shooter where you shoot meteors, but nothing happens when they drop to Earth.
- Alfredo and the Fettucine- Game that doesn't work on the cartridge.
- Operation Full-Moon - Space shooter where you play on a green moon.
- Dam Busters - Shooter where bears shoot strawberries at each other.
- Thrusters - Space shooter with a green ship.
- Haunted Halls of Wentworth - Castlevania-like game where you kill ghosts.
- Chill Out - Platformer where you kill snowballs and Eskimos in the Arctic.
- Sharks - Shooter where you kill sharks.
- Megalonia - Space shooter with a starship enterprise clone.
- French Baker - Platformer where you kill cooking products.
- Atmos Quake - Space shooter with triangle ship.
- Meong - Puzzle game where you need to go up blocks.
- Space Dreams - Shooter where you're a pacifier shooting dolls.
- Streemerz - Platformer where you must grab your way up to the top avoiding everything (including things that look like power-ups).
- Spread-Fire - Space shooter where you're a lobster.
- Bubblegum Rosie - Platformer where spikes cant hurt you and your attack is worthless. Also there's a barrier in the first level making it impossible to beat.
- Micro-Mike - Dodge everything. Controversial for having an inappropriate-looking character.
- Underground - Platformer that is set underground.
- Rocket Jockey - Space shooter where you play as a cowboy on a rocket in a red background.
- Non-Human - A platformer where you play as Beethoven in a surreal world.
- Cry Baby - A platformer where you play as a baby.
- Slashers - A beat-em-up similar to Double Dragon.
- Crazy Shuffle - A shooter where you have to kill robots from a top view.
- Fuzz Power - A platformer where you play a fuzzball killing hair products.
- Shooting Gallery - A game where you need to be still in the first second or nothing will pop in the gallery. It will crash after a minute of play.
- Lollipops - A platformer where a lollipop is your main weapon.
- Evil Empire - A platformer where you have to go to Russia and shoot everyone.
- Sombreros - A game where you walk a street collecting hats.
- Storm Over the Desert - A tank shooter where you shoot pink tanks and giant Saddam Husseins.
- Mash Man - A platformer with a character that has giant feet.
- They Came... - Asteroids rip-off that crashes after a minute of play.
- Lazer League - A jetpack shooter.
- Billy-Bob - Indiana Jones/Pitfall-like platformer.
- City of Doom - Climb a building to space.
- Bits and Pieces - Zombie action game.
- Beeps and Blips - Another Asteroids Rip-off.
- Manchester Beat - A Platformer when a sound effect is played every time you jump.
- Boss - An action game where you play as a lizard.
- Dedant - An Ant shooter where you shoot other ants.
- Hambo's Adventures - Platformer where you play as a pig. You only have one life in this game.
- Time Warp Tickers - Weird platformer where you play as fingers. It says "time?" every time you die
- Jigsaw - Another game that doesn't work.
- Ninja Assault - Ninja game where the shadows can hurt you.
- Robbie and the Robots - Robot shooter.
- Action Gamemaster Starring The Cheetahmen - The main game in this compilation. The only game that has an actual story. A boy gets sucked into a video game and the Cheetahmen must help him. It's a rip-off of Battletoads and was made to be a big franchise.
List of games for the Sega Genesis (1993)
- Dyno Tennis
- Star Ball
- 15 Puzzle
- Star Duel
- Haunted Hill
- The Cheetahmen
- Depth Charge
- Minds Eye
- Alien Attack
- Billy Bob
- Force One
- Sunday Drive
- Star Evil
- Air Command
- Bombs Away
- Speed Boat
- G Fighter
- Man At Arms
- Armor Battle
- Magic Bean
- Sky Avenger
- Black Hole
- The Boss
- First Game
|Silver Sword||Aisle Dance|
|Time Warp Tickers||Boogie|
|Fuzz Power /|
Cheetahmen II Title
|Bossa Nova (played back at 2x speed)|
|Ninja Assault||Mystery (played back at 1.5x speed)|