How Activision CEO Bobby Kotick Ended Up in a Hollywood Film

• 82 results
#51 Posted by PatVB (329 posts) -

@GaspoweR said:

Well if @President_Barackbar said:

@pat4327 said:

Don't worry, even if he's not on IMDB, he'll always have a page on Screened!

http://www.screened.com/bobby-kotick/14-882539/

Suck it IMDB!

Well if IMDB doesnt have it...THEN WHY DOES SCREENED HAVE IT, EH??? CONSPIRACY!

Screened > IMDB. And that is straight science!

#52 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

Might be the first decent thing kotick has done >_>

#53 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Some of these comments are just nasty.

#54 Posted by Hashbrowns (650 posts) -

@SquirrelGOD said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@DFSVegas said:

Shit... Kotick did something I admire. Does that mean I can't dislike him any more?

Hitler was a vegetarian (lol godwin). Just because someone does something good or nice doesn't make up for the other shit. So yes, we can all still hate him amicably.

...Did you really just compare the CEO of a fucking VIDEO GAME COMPANY to the man who KILLED MILLIONS OF PEOPLE? You've got to be joking, because there can't be anyone who's that retarded. He's a fucking BUSINESS MAN. Once more: HE. IS. A . BUSINESS MAN. His job, his sole purpose in his career is to make that black number as high as possible every year, and he's pretty good at doing that. Gamers need to stop taking everything so damn personally. If something is costing you money, you stop doing it. Sadly, this means having to close down a failing studio, or lay off some people. It sucks, but it's necessary for survival in an industry that is changing very rapidly.

Christ, I'd hate to think of what would happen to any company that was run by whiny gamers. Thousands of people would quickly be unemployed because of dipshits that were trying too hard to please a pissy, vocal minority that will never stop whining. Ever.

Forget the Hitler thing...I'm way more disturbed that Pinworm45 presents vegetarianism as good or nice. You're scaring me!

#55 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@Hashbrowns said:

@SquirrelGOD said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@DFSVegas said:

Shit... Kotick did something I admire. Does that mean I can't dislike him any more?

Hitler was a vegetarian (lol godwin). Just because someone does something good or nice doesn't make up for the other shit. So yes, we can all still hate him amicably.

...Did you really just compare the CEO of a fucking VIDEO GAME COMPANY to the man who KILLED MILLIONS OF PEOPLE? You've got to be joking, because there can't be anyone who's that retarded. He's a fucking BUSINESS MAN. Once more: HE. IS. A . BUSINESS MAN. His job, his sole purpose in his career is to make that black number as high as possible every year, and he's pretty good at doing that. Gamers need to stop taking everything so damn personally. If something is costing you money, you stop doing it. Sadly, this means having to close down a failing studio, or lay off some people. It sucks, but it's necessary for survival in an industry that is changing very rapidly.

Christ, I'd hate to think of what would happen to any company that was run by whiny gamers. Thousands of people would quickly be unemployed because of dipshits that were trying too hard to please a pissy, vocal minority that will never stop whining. Ever.

Forget the Hitler thing...I'm way more disturbed that Pinworm45 presents vegetarianism as good or nice. You're scaring me!

Meat is murder. 

Delicious, succulent, murder.
#57 Posted by wsowen02 (320 posts) -
@Pinworm45 said:
@SquirrelGOD said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@DFSVegas said:

Yes, you're exactly right, I was literally making the point that Bobby Kotick is exactly like Hitler. I wasn't in any way trying to make the point that doing something good doesn't make up for everything bad, and I especially wasn't saying that when I said "doing something good or nice doesn't make up for the other shit".  You caught me, a regular Sherlock of deduction you are.
Damn, your point just sailed right over his head
#58 Posted by RoyaleWifCheese (551 posts) -

I don't care much for Kotick or his managerial style. But jeez, do we really have to compare him to Hitler or Skeletor? He's just in a movie that no one will probably see. Take solace in that.

#59 Posted by swat200 (242 posts) -

if this film does well expect to see a million sequels, all with kotick playing the same character just wearing a different shirt in each movie........oh no wait that was just every other thing he has ever touched.

#60 Posted by martellus (104 posts) -

wow... that's genuinely kinda respectable.

#61 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Man, I forgot  Activision donates some proceeds to their veteran charity. Good on them.

#62 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2688 posts) -

@blake_brown said:

suck it kotick

Nice.

#63 Posted by biospank (657 posts) -

@wsowen02 said:

@Pinworm45 said:
@SquirrelGOD said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@DFSVegas said:

Yes, you're exactly right, I was literally making the point that Bobby Kotick is exactly like Hitler. I wasn't in any way trying to make the point that doing something good doesn't make up for everything bad, and I especially wasn't saying that when I said "doing something good or nice doesn't make up for the other shit". You caught me, a regular Sherlock of deduction you are.
Damn, your point just sailed right over his head

is kotick a neo nazi then? and the new cod games a way of training childeren to a new world war? and is starcraft2 a simulator of galactic warfare?

#64 Posted by Brackynews (4083 posts) -

Sheesh, and we have a Moneyball page and everything to file this under. :P

#65 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -
@RoyaleWifCheese said:
I don't care much for Kotick or his managerial style. But jeez, do we really have to compare him to Hitler or Skeletor? He's just in a movie that no one will probably see. Take solace in that.
This. Chill out people...
#66 Posted by TorMasturba (1094 posts) -

@mpgeist said:

I'm more surprised Bobby has friends than him appearing in a movie.

No, no, no, no. They ain't his freinds, they're his "freinds".

#67 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

He's got friends? 
I call fake.

#68 Posted by wwfundertaker (1403 posts) -

Who's Bobby Kotunk.

#69 Posted by Vexxan (4621 posts) -
@Darkstorn

I don't think this is bad or anything, it's just really bizarre. I guess we'll see if the man can act.

#70 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

Miller pitched Kotick on the idea of portraying the roll himself

Really, Klepeck?
#71 Posted by RoyCampbell (1096 posts) -
@FuzzYLemoN said:

Miller pitched Kotick on the idea of portraying the roll himself

Really, Klepeck?
Klepeck
peck
c

Really, Lemon?
#72 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@patrickklepek said:

Yep, that's Kotick. In a movie.
portraying the roll himself, with Kotick asking

C'mon Patrick, the article has been up for a day now :P

#73 Posted by VoshiNova (1691 posts) -

That's so Kotick.

Shifty business deals FTW

#74 Posted by MeatSim (10861 posts) -

CEO's are the next big movie stars.

#75 Posted by i8Donuts (96 posts) -
@Captain_Insano said:

@The_Joker said:

"portraying the roll"

role*

Sorry Patrick. We nitpick because we care.

You beat me to it. Not really being too critical but it just gets to me too.

Patrick got it right guys. He really is going to portray a roll. Think of it like he is doing interpretive dance.
#76 Edited by BitterAlmond (401 posts) -

@patrickklepek
"roll" and "role" are two different words. Watch out. 

Cool story, by the way. You're becoming my new favourite GiantBomb editor.

#77 Posted by avidwriter (667 posts) -

He didn't typo Kotick is a roll. :P

#78 Posted by TheFianlFrontier21 (26 posts) -

maybe brad pit will be in the next cod

#79 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

So Kotick, whats it like to be a boss?

#80 Posted by Sinful (211 posts) -

Thanks pat...when you first posted this information a while ago with only a link to the trailer and one sentence. I said to myself...what a waste of giantbombs web space. And now I see you posted this information again with even more text..i say to myself.......who hired you?

#81 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@i8Donuts said:

@Captain_Insano said:

@The_Joker said:

"portraying the roll"

role*

Sorry Patrick. We nitpick because we care.

You beat me to it. Not really being too critical but it just gets to me too.

Patrick got it right guys. He really is going to portray a roll. Think of it like he is doing interpretive dance.

He did a barrel role.

#82 Edited by MormonWarrior (2593 posts) -

In other news, Moneyball is a pretty awesome movie. Great story too. Definitely interested me, especially since I have some education background in economics and statistics.

#83 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

I am starting to think Giant Bomb needs to pull a gamefaqs and lock//archive really old threads, this dead thread bumping is getting ridiculous.

#84 Edited by believer258 (11923 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.