glockstararmani's Actraiser (Super Nintendo Entertainment System) review

Act-Raise A Little Hell

This is one of those great classic-era games that is loved by most, but slips under the radar thanks to more popular stuff like EarthBound or Super Metroid. But ActRaiser was a rompin', stompin', sword-swingin', god-playin' good time. I don't know if it was a controversial move back then to release a game where you literally play as an Almighty Creator of Everything, but I'm sure it took some convincing at the pitch meeting. This is definitely the kind of game where a modern sequel might work, if done right. As long as they don't wash out all the colours and try to make it "badass" like every other damn modern remake of everything. Let's get some more Act-Raisin' up in here!

Other reviews for Actraiser (Super Nintendo Entertainment System)

ActRaiser: For The God In You 0

Until about a year ago, I believed that I had played all the great titles the Super NES had to offer (excluding Japan-only titles like Ys V). Once I played obscure titles like Terranigma and Cybernator, that idea was turned on its head. I don't usually like being wrong, but I didn't mind in this case, because quality Super Nintendo titles make me feel like a kid again. Yesterday, I grew into a pint-sized individual once again after I downloaded a title called ActRaiser.  I had heard Jeremy Pari...

Before Black and White.. this is how we got our God on! 0

Gameplay Basically the games consists of two type of gameplay strategy where you play as an angel shooting arrows to kill demons, performing tasks for the villagers and hack and slash where you as God himself kick demon butt using your sword and magic. The strategy works by first you choose a location to start on there will be a few demons and a temple you kill the demons which gives you more people you then direct the growth of the people towards the demons so they can seal them then the people...