Afrika sells 20,000 in Japan on day one.

  • 63 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
#2 Posted by Shane_Bettenhausen (12 posts) -
#3 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

Noooooooo not again.

#4 Posted by Rowr (5824 posts) -

This reminds me of monster hunter + psp sales in recent months.

wtf/

#5 Edited by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I'm surprised it sold that much.

I thought it was going to be released in America too.

#6 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

That's because there is a lack of  pokemon in the game.

#7 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

just wondering how many does a game usually sell on day 1? i do remember no more heros on the wii sold alot less than that on day 1 in japan

#8 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

wow proves the japanese will buy ANY thing, as for that i gave you a + aaron since they had no real reason to vote ya down.

#9 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"wow proves the japanese will buy ANY thing, as for that i gave you a + aaron since they had no real reason to vote ya down."
Thanks man and here I was thinking we were "internet enemies" lol.
#10 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I never realized it was out.
Thats pretty stupid though, a safari simulator?

#11 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
Demyx said:
"I never realized it was out.
Thats pretty stupid though, a safari simulator?"
there have been a couple of em. they never turned out really good. but some people like em
#12 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Heh, at first I thought this was a joke. Dude, why did so many people give a negative rating to the original poster? What's up with that? Totally uncalled for, dudes.

#13 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
"Heh, at first I thought this was a joke. Dude, why did so many people give a negative rating to the original poster? What's up with that? Totally uncalled for, dudes."
there haters :P idk i came in late so i couldn't tell what went on
#14 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"Heh, at first I thought this was a joke. Dude, why did so many people give a negative rating to the original poster? What's up with that? Totally uncalled for, dudes."
there haters :P idk i came in late so i couldn't tell what went on"
Yea, thanks guys. The tables have been turned, my post can now be seen and Shane' can't. This is a huge step for sensibility.
#15 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
AaronBelfast said:
"shadows_kill said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"Heh, at first I thought this was a joke. Dude, why did so many people give a negative rating to the original poster? What's up with that? Totally uncalled for, dudes."
there haters :P idk i came in late so i couldn't tell what went on"
Yea, thanks guys. The tables have been turned, my post can now be seen and Shane' can't. This is a huge step for sensibility."
o so thats how you make it so you can see posts :P
#16 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
shadows_kill sai
o so thats how you make it so you can see posts :P"
It sure is.
#17 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

so can anyone answer whats the average amount of sells on day one? is 20,000 alot? i know some games sell a ton (i think halo 3 was the most)

#18 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"so can anyone answer whats the average amount of sells on day one? is 20,000 alot? i know some games sell a ton (i think halo 3 was the most)"
Well I can't really answer that. I don't know what the Japan public like other than JRPGs but 20,000 is a good amount considering it had a low budget and to make a profit, it has to come to other regions, which is highly unlikely.
#19 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
AaronBelfast said:
"shadows_kill said:
"so can anyone answer whats the average amount of sells on day one? is 20,000 alot? i know some games sell a ton (i think halo 3 was the most)"
Well I can't really answer that. I don't know what the Japan public like other than JRPGs but 20,000 is a good amount considering it had a low budget and to make a profit, it has to come to other regions, which is highly unlikely."
that is fancy
#20 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

What makes taking pictures so amazing that it would sell 20,000 day one? Was there some concept in the game that we didn't see in the trailers?

#21 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
Vlademir said:
"What makes taking pictures so amazing that it would sell 20,000 day one? Was there some concept in the game that we didn't see in the trailers?"
A Zebra can kill you without warning. How awesome is that?
#22 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
Vlademir said:
"What makes taking pictures so amazing that it would sell 20,000 day one? Was there some concept in the game that we didn't see in the trailers?"
i would guess. maybe you can drive around and run over animals :D
#23 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -
AaronBelfast said:
"Vlademir said:
"What makes taking pictures so amazing that it would sell 20,000 day one? Was there some concept in the game that we didn't see in the trailers?"
A Zebra can kill you without warning. How awesome is that?"
Holy shit....that's messed up!
#24 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"Vlademir said:
"What makes taking pictures so amazing that it would sell 20,000 day one? Was there some concept in the game that we didn't see in the trailers?"
i would guess. maybe you can drive around and run over animals :D"
Not allowed to kill animals.That would ruin the whole purpose of the game.
#25 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
AaronBelfast said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Vlademir said:
"What makes taking pictures so amazing that it would sell 20,000 day one? Was there some concept in the game that we didn't see in the trailers?"
i would guess. maybe you can drive around and run over animals :D"
Not allowed to kill animals.That would ruin the whole purpose of the game."
but what if im a poacher gone wild :D
#26 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"AaronBelfast said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Vlademir said:
"What makes taking pictures so amazing that it would sell 20,000 day one? Was there some concept in the game that we didn't see in the trailers?"
i would guess. maybe you can drive around and run over animals :D"
Not allowed to kill animals.That would ruin the whole purpose of the game."
but what if im a poacher gone wild :D"
Thats not possible either, sorry.
#27 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
AaronBelfast said:
"shadows_kill said:
"AaronBelfast said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Vlademir said:
"What makes taking pictures so amazing that it would sell 20,000 day one? Was there some concept in the game that we didn't see in the trailers?"
i would guess. maybe you can drive around and run over animals :D"
Not allowed to kill animals.That would ruin the whole purpose of the game."
but what if im a poacher gone wild :D"
Thats not possible either, sorry."
what the heck is wrong with this game. i sounds soooooooooo boring
#28 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
shadows_kill 
what the heck is wrong with this game. i sounds soooooooooo boring"
You can take pictures of the animals/scenary and save them to your PS3 HDD. Thats cool, right?
#29 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
AaronBelfast said:
"shadows_kill 
what the heck is wrong with this game. i sounds soooooooooo boring"
You can take pictures of the animals/scenary and save them to your PS3 HDD. Thats cool, right?"
are the graphics really good then?  similar to uncharted or anything?
#30 Edited by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
are the graphics really good then?  similar to uncharted or anything?"
See for yourself :)
caption


#31 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

can you drive around in a truck to go around faster?

#32 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"can you drive around in a truck to go around faster?"
I dont no that much amount of detail lol.
#33 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -

dude WTF is this game, and its already out?

#34 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
#35 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

It looks like a pretty cool game, I always wanted a non-GTA free roamer that just allowed you to walk around and maybe take pictures. I don't know why so many people are down on it, it's not like it was overhyped or anything.

#36 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -

How much is the game? If it were cheap I'd get it but i'm not laying down $60 for it.

#37 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -

I'd totally buy this game if it were taking place in Jurassic Park.

Just throwing that out there.

#38 Posted by LooM (73 posts) -

personally I'm a photoethusiast, so this game would be lovely for me.. I know it's not the real deal, but it looks pretty nice, and if it has any similarity to a real camera, I would assume it's good fun, at least for me.

#39 Posted by Jordan23 (1000 posts) -
Well, I guess Afrika is developed for the aspiring photgraphers upcoming in the business.
#40 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

looks like it should be a PSN game, I doubt I would buy a full disc based game on this.

#41 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

I guess a lot of Japs needed a sleeping aid.

#42 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
Otacon said:
"looks like it should be a PSN game, I doubt I would buy a full disc based game on this."
I hope your joking.

As shit as the game is the graphics are terrific and it would be around at least 15GB to install to your PS3.
#43 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
AaronBelfast said:
"Otacon said:
"looks like it should be a PSN game, I doubt I would buy a full disc based game on this."
I hope your joking.

As shit as the game is the graphics are terrific and it would be around at least 15GB to install to your PS3."
really that big. damn. if theres any news of this going state side i may look into it
#44 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Where teh gunz at? I actually could care less because I loved Pokemon Snap and I will probably love this. I need to get a PS3 first. Luckilly, Blu-Ray is a really good excuse as an investment for my family.

#45 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
systech said:
"Where teh gunz at? I actually could care less because I loved Pokemon Snap and I will probably love this. I need to get a PS3 first. Luckilly, Blu-Ray is a really good excuse as an investment for my family."
thats what i want too
#46 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -

Well I sure did like taking pictures in MGS4 :D

#47 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"Well I sure did like taking pictures in MGS4 :D"
i thought that was just ok. i dont see the point unless theres a awesome part that you want to take a pic of. next they should allow taking movies in the games
#48 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"Well I sure did like taking pictures in MGS4 :D"
i thought that was just ok. i dont see the point unless theres a awesome part that you want to take a pic of. next they should allow taking movies in the games"
Getting those awesome pics during the best parts of the game made it all worth it :D
#49 Posted by hazelnutman (1097 posts) -

Whoah, I barely knew it came out already.

I'm still debating on whether or not I should check this game out. Maybe if it becomes a downloadable PSN game.

#50 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"systech said:
"Where teh gunz at? I actually could care less because I loved Pokemon Snap and I will probably love this. I need to get a PS3 first. Luckilly, Blu-Ray is a really good excuse as an investment for my family."
thats what i want too"
I'm pretty sure systech is just joking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.