Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Afrika

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Players go on Safari with their Sixaxis-controlled camera in Natsume's photo-focused PlayStation 3 game.

Problems Importing to Europe (Afrika)

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By SerHulse

Hey everyone,

I know I'm incredibly late to the game on this one but, i just recently watched some old QL's and came across the one for Afrika,

After the initial shock of realising the game actually came out outside of Japan I proceded to attempt to import it, but no luck.
    The game is in stock where I've checked but I have been told straight up that importing the US version to Europe is impossible.
    I have tried purchasing it at Play-Asia where I get most of my imports and Amazon.com, I've not had this trouble with other games in the past so my question to anyone who can answer is:

Is there some exception made for Afrika that is preventing Europeans from importing the US version? 
    Otherwise does anyone know where I can buy the US version?

If for some reason I can't get the US version I plan to import the Chinese one instead as I understand it comes with English subtitles (though Engrish may be a problem)

Thanks for any and all suggestions, and hello Duders I've been a long time lurker but first time writer :)

Bolt3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Bolt3
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Hizang

eBay :)

phrosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By phrosen

Were those other games Playstation games as well? Because as I understand things, Sony really frowns upon importing games from other regions into the European Union. So much so that they practically sued Lik-Sang out of the videogame online business. ( http://www.lik-sang.com )
    You might try and get a copy off of ebay though.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SerHulse

Yep, Play-Asia says: "This item is not available in your territory" when I view the the product page and if I attempt to buy it it tells me: "You have items in your cart that cannot be sent to your location. Please remove the item(s) in question and proceed to checkout again."

Amazon says something similar, and those messages don't appear if I try and order it from a different territory (like Japan, Korea or China)

Also I tried to do it whilst behind an American proxy and it lets me get through checkout until I tell it where I want to ship it to at which point the error message pops up again 

:(

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SerHulse

Hmm, why didn't I think of E-Bay?

I'm such an idiot sometimes! thanks I'll try there.

Now that you mention it, I just looked at Yakuza Of the End's page and it won't let me import that either, but it will let me import the Chinese version of Afrika,

What's the point of having a region free system if you aren't going to let people take advantage of that?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mosespippy

Sony hates Europe. Didn't you get the memo?

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Masha2932

Did you manage to get the game? Is it any good?

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#9  Edited By Brackynews

@SerHulse: I'll be the second person to ask if you finally got a copy of Afrika.

Just loaded mine up again (357 days since last played) and the bloody thing is ignoring my save. Thankfully it was only about 5 hours in, but still... Amazingly bad job.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

And here i was, thinking how you were gonna start talking about the influx of Islam and muslims to Europe. That was probably just me though.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By foggel

I don't think you can import any PS3 games to Europe from outside countries. Atleast, Sony is actively trying to stop it.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SerHulse

@Brackynews: I did get the game yes, I'm not sure why but on one fateful day Play Asia let me put my order through, so I went and did it ASAP, I don't know why, maybe something happened that made Sony change their mind.

I'm glad I got a chance to play it, but unfortunately I am a little disappointed with it, It wasn't what I expected, or hoped.

@foggel: I definitely remember Sony preventing PSP sales from outside the EU to inside it, but I never (at the time at least) believed the same policy stretched to the PS3, which again beggars the question: "Why is it region free?". I also recently learned the PS3 is region locked for DVD's

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.