Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

After Burner Climax

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 19, 2006

A sequel to the classic After Burner arcade games, After Burner Climax is an arcade game in which players pilot a jet fighter through hectic, enemy-filled set pieces. Seated in a special moving cabinet, gamers use a piloting stick to control their jet of choice from a 3rd person view.

It's the weekend! What have I been playing? - 25th April 2010

random_guy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

Edited By random_guy23

Onto the third weekly blog post then. This week I have been fairly busy, which is probably due to today's 1 day late blog post, which should have been up yesterday (sorry). This week I have been playing a lot more of the Skate 3 demo, which I have found to be both good and bad, and I'm not sure how the actual game will turn out. Here's how i've found it so far in a sort of pro's and con's system:

Pro's

- Classic Skate gameplay, Trick system works well
    - Looks like a variety of challenges
    - Great Visual Style

Con's

- Really sketchy frame rate that is all over the place (I hope they fix this for the full game)
    - Mediocre graphics that look all a bit dated
    - *Demo Only* Timer that limits play

So i've found its good points, and it's problems. That sort of sums up my Skate 3 demo experience. It felt very similar to the first 2 Skate games, but more refined, the trick system feels better. But the frame rate is still consistenly low, on my PS3 anyway. The graphics I found were very poor, everything seems to be blurred a lot, which probably hides the poor texture quality. So yeah, mixed opinions overall on that game. I have also been playing some more Just Cause 2, which I have completed! Well, not all the faction missions yet, but I have completed the story missions, and the ending to those is really insane and over the top.

I have also been revisiting some retro games with the release of After Burner: Climax on the PSN. This game is hyper fast, and runs at a really smooth frame rate. (Learn from this hey Skate?) Basically, it is an arcade jet fighter game, and you spend the whole game in the air blowing up other planes, all while travelling at seriously high speeds. The game does slow down when you get given the oppurtunity to activate like a bullet time sequence, which looks awesome, and does not break up the game's pace at all. You can expect a review of After Burner: Climax shortly.

I guess that does it for this week's blog entry.

random_guy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By random_guy23

Onto the third weekly blog post then. This week I have been fairly busy, which is probably due to today's 1 day late blog post, which should have been up yesterday (sorry). This week I have been playing a lot more of the Skate 3 demo, which I have found to be both good and bad, and I'm not sure how the actual game will turn out. Here's how i've found it so far in a sort of pro's and con's system:

Pro's

- Classic Skate gameplay, Trick system works well
    - Looks like a variety of challenges
    - Great Visual Style

Con's

- Really sketchy frame rate that is all over the place (I hope they fix this for the full game)
    - Mediocre graphics that look all a bit dated
    - *Demo Only* Timer that limits play

So i've found its good points, and it's problems. That sort of sums up my Skate 3 demo experience. It felt very similar to the first 2 Skate games, but more refined, the trick system feels better. But the frame rate is still consistenly low, on my PS3 anyway. The graphics I found were very poor, everything seems to be blurred a lot, which probably hides the poor texture quality. So yeah, mixed opinions overall on that game. I have also been playing some more Just Cause 2, which I have completed! Well, not all the faction missions yet, but I have completed the story missions, and the ending to those is really insane and over the top.

I have also been revisiting some retro games with the release of After Burner: Climax on the PSN. This game is hyper fast, and runs at a really smooth frame rate. (Learn from this hey Skate?) Basically, it is an arcade jet fighter game, and you spend the whole game in the air blowing up other planes, all while travelling at seriously high speeds. The game does slow down when you get given the oppurtunity to activate like a bullet time sequence, which looks awesome, and does not break up the game's pace at all. You can expect a review of After Burner: Climax shortly.

I guess that does it for this week's blog entry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.