Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

After Burner Climax

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 19, 2006

A sequel to the classic After Burner arcade games, After Burner Climax is an arcade game in which players pilot a jet fighter through hectic, enemy-filled set pieces. Seated in a special moving cabinet, gamers use a piloting stick to control their jet of choice from a 3rd person view.

Unlockable avatar awards in 360 release

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By rjaylee

I bought this game on launch and I just found out that it has 2 unlockable avatar awards while I was looking around the avatar editor yesterday. I subsequently added the info to the wiki, but did anyone else know about this? Apparently a T-Shirt unlocks if you get all the EX options opened up, but more interestingly, you can unlock a Gold Flight Helmet by getting one of every medal in Score Attack Mode. 

The helmet is pretty interesting, although it's going to be hell to unlock. I don't know how on earth I'm going to pull off a 100 hit combo, or finish the game without dying, or be able to kill 800 enemies in a single playthrough, among others.
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nanikore

I didn't know anyone cared about Avatars.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By rjaylee
    @nanikore:
    Haha, for me I think it's more about a completionist sort of thing rather than caring that much about the avatars. It doesn't seem like a whole lot of people bought this game however, which is a whole different issue.
    ErrantElement

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ErrantElement

I wish there was a way to unlock these without having to jump through hoops. Wasn't it enough that we bought the game? Don't we own everything that comes with it, avatar rewards included? Eff you Sega.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By infininja

Sooo impossible. I want that helmet. :(

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By EightBitShik
    @nanikore: I do more so than your opinion. :)
    Hairy_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hairy_Fish

Meh, neither the helmet or the t-shirt can compete with my Captain Smiley head.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By amomjc

If Microsoft made Avatars into more than just a silly mascot that stands on your front page, and more than the half-assed integration into some games, then I think people would take Avatars more seriously. I do not think we need a PlayStation Home-esque Avatar world, but give them importance when it comes along.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.