Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 20, 2008

Age of Conan is a massively multiplayer online role playing game set in the Conan lore.

Anyone still play this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
    deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've just started playing, and was wondering if there is any Giantbombers in the EU still playing this...

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Kohe321

Nah I quit 2 weeks after release, haven't played it since. I'm curious on how the game is now, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
    deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it was really buggy at release, but it is a lot better now, smoother and less technical issues. There is also added content at the higher levels I think.

Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vision

Same as Kohe i quit about 2 weeks after release.

How many players are playing now a days anyway ?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

I got a new comp and I wanted to try the game, so I'm currently subscribed.  In the US though.

p00rdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By p00rdevil

I first played this game right after the Godslayer expansion came out. Really enjoyed playing for several months, maybe a year. Took 2 characters to max level, both Barbs. Wasn't able to get into end game content that much, so I left subbing off until some more PvE content rolls out. But there is plenty of end game stuff to do if that's your thing.

I think it is a pretty fun MMO. I love the Conan IP and the way Funcom have brought Howard's stories to video game format. The game is probably the best looking MMO out right now. Graphics, lighting are exceptional. The realistic art style is sweet as well, the whole world is rendered in a way that makes it a pleasure to play in. Character motion quality is fluid and natural, on your character and the NPCs. Horse and rider animation is outstanding. Far better done that Skyrim IMO.

There is a load of PvE content through out the leveling process. So much to see and do that I don't think it possible to do it all and see it all taking just 1 character to max level. Funcom continues to pour a lot of effort into this game. Dreamworld engine revamps, beautiful new play areas. The combat is engaging. Excellent music score. Overall I enjoy playing this game, years after a rough launch it has become a polished product shining in all its DX10 glory!

EDfromRED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By EDfromRED

I started it a few months ago as my first MMO. I love the world and gameplay, really sucked me in. Since then I've started playing DC Universe Online and have Star Wars: The Old Republic on the way. If any fellow GiantBomb peeps wanna get barbaric in AoC with me just add edfromred to friends : )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.