Age of Empires III Complete for .10 cents or 10MSP

• 126 results
#1 Edited by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

So to get people to check out the Games for Windows Live Marketplace client, Microsoft is selling Age of Empires III Complete for 10 cents or 10 Microsoft points, which includes:
 Age of Empires III
The War Chiefs expansion
The Asian Dynasties expansion
Digital Manual

Hell of a deal. All you have to do is install the client from the website, which is 
http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/

#2 Posted by marrec (256 posts) -

Technically its .11 cents, or so my Bank Account says. 

Also this is probably a glitch and will be removed as soon as some one at MS HQ realizes what's up.

#3 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

Nice!

#4 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -
#5 Posted by Aerobie (104 posts) -

I'm assuming that it's a glitch in their database, and not supposed to happen. I had 880 MS points, so I used 10 of those. It's downloading now. 

I love these glitches, so far, I got Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed 1 + 2, and now this, for about a dollar total.

#6 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Holy shit! Thanks, done and done.

#7 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

Snagged a digital copy! Thanks for the heads up!

#8 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up! I finally have a flat 000 MSP balance again.

#9 Posted by xyzygy (9944 posts) -

I wonder if they'll release older games on this client. Also, I love how you can pay with MSP. I don't have a credit card so it means I can actually buy games via a client, unlike Steam.

#10 Posted by Tonic7 (238 posts) -

Thanks a lot for the heads up. I'm trying to think of something better to spend 10 cents on but I got nothin'. This is excellent.

#11 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Good call. I totally forgot to play this game. But still totally play AOE 2. Weird.

#12 Edited by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Damn, this is a good deal. Games for Windows Live, you have officially restored my fate in you. I wonder how much of a sales increase they'll have on this? I know so far Left 4 Dead is holding the record at 3000%.

#13 Posted by marrec (256 posts) -

It's the most wonderful time of the year. 

So far I've got GTA IV Complete, Bioshock, Age of Empires III Complete,  and Might and Magic 1-6 for 18 bucks.

#14 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1178 posts) -

Been wanting to buy this for a long time, but I think I can hold out for a better deal.

;)

#15 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -

really regretting not having a windows operating system

#16 Posted by Russcat (140 posts) -
@benjaebe: Thanks a lot for sharing!
#17 Posted by DiscoDuck8k (499 posts) -

Perfect timing, even if I can't play it from here. After Pac-Man I had a random 30 points left which would otherwise remain unused.

#18 Posted by Gnubberen (765 posts) -

Nice catch! thanks!

#19 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@DiscoDuck8k said:
" Perfect timing, even if I can't play it from here. After Pac-Man I had a random 30 points left which would otherwise remain unused. "
I know. I had 90 points left for about 2 years now. It's hard to spend that because there's rarely anything on Xbox Live or Games for Windows Live for less than 120 points.
#20 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1480 posts) -

Now all they need to do is have a game sell for three MSP and I'll have clean zeros. 

#21 Edited by Gnubberen (765 posts) -

Man I feel sorry for @Jeff now... because.. ALL THE GAME PACKS FOR GAME ROOM  ARE FREE RIGHT NOW ON GFWL!

THIS IS  Normal!

#22 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -
@FlemmingM said:
" Man I feel sorry for Jeff now... because.. ALL THE GAME PACKS FOR GAME ROOM  ARE FREE RIGHT NOW ON GFWL!  THIS IS MADNESS! "
The packs are just downloads to get the content on your system.  You still have to buy the individual games.
#23 Posted by Gnubberen (765 posts) -
@gakon5 said:
" @FlemmingM said:
" Man I feel sorry for Jeff now... because.. ALL THE GAME PACKS FOR GAME ROOM  ARE FREE RIGHT NOW ON GFWL!  THIS IS MADNESS! "
The packs are just downloads to get the content on your system.  You still have to buy the individual games. "
Ahhh well that makes a little more sense.. the other thing was insane
#24 Posted by ch3burashka (5040 posts) -
@marrec said:
" Technically its .11 cents, or so my Bank Account says.  Also this is probably a glitch and will be removed as soon as some one at MS HQ realizes what's up. "
What's really going is that, although the game costs .10 dollars, Catherine-Zeta Jones and Sean Connery have installed a program to round up the cost by one cent, and because everyone will buy this, it will make them millionaires in the process.
#25 Posted by marrec (256 posts) -
@CH3BURASHKA said:
" @marrec said:
" Technically its .11 cents, or so my Bank Account says.  Also this is probably a glitch and will be removed as soon as some one at MS HQ realizes what's up. "
What's really going is that, although the game costs .10 dollars, Catherine-Zeta Jones and Sean Connery have installed a program to round up the cost by one cent, and because everyone will buy this, it will make them millionaires in the process. "
Fucking Catherine-Zeta Jones is taking my monies AGAIN!? 

What a bitch.
#26 Edited by gakon (1952 posts) -

Well, I bought that.  I actually had a few LAN sessions of Age II this past summer, but I suck at it. 

[edit] I missed noticing my 1000-post mark by eight posts!  I didn't even get to edit my 1000th post to add "Holy crap, this is my 1000th post!"

#27 Posted by OdinsThunder (156 posts) -

Bioshock is only like $1.99!!!

#28 Posted by BeachThunder (11830 posts) -
@marrec said:
" Also this is probably a glitch and will be removed as soon as some one at MS HQ realizes what's up. "
Why would it be a glitch? This is the perfect way to get people to start using GfWL.
#29 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I just bought it. 10 points is practically free. 

#30 Posted by Tyashki (213 posts) -

Great. Australia doesn't get in on this madness. 

10c and I can't spent it.

#31 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

It's not supported in New Zealand either, GWFL that is.

Feck.

#32 Posted by face15 (1289 posts) -

It's not a glitch. They've got it advertised on the home page: 

The word daily is very, very, very appealing. If they plan on having ridiculusly low prices on one product every day then Games for Windows will be very successful indeed.
#33 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -
@face15 said:
" It's not a glitch. They've got it advertised on the home page: 

The word daily is very, very, very appealing. If they plan on having ridiculusly low prices on one product every day then Games for Windows will be very successful indeed. "
Surely it's a Steam style thing for their relaunch week - doubt they'll keep this up for much longer, especially considering the paucity of their back catalogue on the service. They simply don't have enough games in the store to continue with it.
#34 Edited by countinhallways (632 posts) -

They won't let people in Ireland buy it either. Do they seriously not want my money?

Well that is shit. 

EDIT: Works through GFWL Client. Good stuff, although I wonder why they won't sell to certain regions from their website?

#35 Posted by face15 (1289 posts) -
@Vitor: Yeah, maybe you're right, but surely Microsoft knows that they need something special if they're gonna steal any of Steam's users. If everyone's coming the GFW daily to check out what their 'dailydeal' is, then eventually some of the market will shift to their platform. Maybe they intend on adding more old games as they go along or even having some newer games for like $5.
#36 Posted by Fierrze (172 posts) -

Unfortunately your Xbox LIVE account region is not currently supported. Check back with us soon as we continue to add regions. Fu-fu-fuuuuuck   :(

#37 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -
@face15: Well, they certainly got me with the 0.10 price point for AOE3. Now, if Gears of War goes on sale, I certainly wouldn't mind replaying that soon as it's been a while and I always wanted to check out the bonus chapter
#38 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

Well, I bought it without researching whatever the hell it is (I know what it is now).  I'm probably not going to play it anytime soon.  But, 10 cents, bro.

#39 Posted by Pageboy (62 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up. Downloading :) 
Been about 10 years since I last played an Age of Empires game. Remember enjoying it but never played one since!

#40 Posted by lakeport_abe (81 posts) -

i would have loved to get assassin's creed 2 for my pc for 10 cents!!! wish i had read this sooner

#41 Posted by Dimsey (951 posts) -
@Tyashki said:
" Great. Australia doesn't get in on this madness.  10c and I can't spent it. "
Worked fine for me. Paid for and downloadin' as we speak.
#42 Posted by AlisterCat (5531 posts) -

I probbably won't even play this game but for 10p I can't go wrong.

#43 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Bought.

#44 Edited by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Jeez, this glitch in the database or intentional price drop makes Steam sales look like a rip off.

#45 Posted by Tyashki (213 posts) -
#46 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
#47 Posted by AlisterCat (5531 posts) -

It's a shame there's no way to gift because I would buy a copy of this for everyone on my friends list if I could.

#48 Posted by lucas_kelly (769 posts) -

I love living in Australia.

#49 Posted by radaxian (29 posts) -

Worked fine for me in Australia through the desktop client. 10 MSP down. Wish I realised this earlier for the Bioshock deal.

#50 Posted by Capt_Ventris (592 posts) -

So it does work for the Australian region just through the Client and not the website. WOOOHOOO!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.