Well, this game is basically unplayable for me.

#1 Posted by Shaunage (712 posts) -

My internet connection isn't stable enough for it. I've had it drop out twice in the 2 hours or so I've spent with the game, and each time it immediately goes back to the titlescreen saying "can't connect to server." In the middle of a fucking single player mission.

Is there an option I can hit to stop it doing that or am I just not going to play this game?

#2 Posted by Shaunage (712 posts) -

Just happened again between completing all my objectives and ending the mission. I'll have to start over. I'm out.

#3 Posted by Jimmi (166 posts) -

If you're on wifi try plugging in via ethernet cable? That's what I have to do when I play games.

#4 Posted by Flaime (527 posts) -

Probably just the LIVE servers that suck. I've had a lot of problems simply logging into my account.

Also, a friend of mine experienced the same thing you did but in an hour-long mission, so you're not alone.

#5 Posted by Shaunage (712 posts) -

For reference, if you've completed all objectives and just haven't gone back to your capital, it DOES save your progress. Happy about that.

#6 Posted by DeeGee (2127 posts) -

Unfortunately, online games aren't meant for people with poor connections.

#7 Posted by Irvandus (2880 posts) -

I have issues with the WIndows Live client so yeah...

#8 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

never crashed, never got booted off,  so...yeah...

#9 Posted by deskp (448 posts) -

That happened to me a couple of times, anoying sure, but not a huge issue, uless it starts happening alot.

#10 Posted by JamesKond (232 posts) -

@Flaime said:

Probably just the LIVE servers that suck. I've had a lot of problems simply logging into my account.

Also, a friend of mine experienced the same thing you did but in an hour-long mission, so you're not alone.

Aren't all 'Games For Windows Servers'' Peer to peer?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.