Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Age of Mythology

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 31, 2002

Age of Mythology is a real-time strategy game based on the myths and heroic epics of the ancient civilizations of Scandinavia, Greece, and Egypt, players control the Atlantean hero Arkantos and can invoke powerful god powers to turn the tide of battle.

Best Ensemble game?

dwarfzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dwarfzilla

I personally think that it is the best 3D RTS. I can just jump into it and instantly understand the interface, units, and resource gathering. I think the fact that it is so generic is part of its charm, and it shows that you don't need to twist an already excellent formula to get a high review score- you just need to replicate it well. Nevermind how it was recieved when it came out- For me, it's the only "old" game that I still play, because it's so simple and fun.

Avatar image for chocobo_blitzer
    Chocobo_Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Chocobo_Blitzer

Yes, absolutely. My first RTS actually. But uh, I'm pretty sure the game was recieved really well when it was released?

thedez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By thedez

I really enjoy it, but Age 2 is essentially the same and will run on 10 year old hardware.  Microsoft has the demo on it's site.

Gourdmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Gourdmaster

i like galactic battlegrounds cause it has lasers and jedi in it. super cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.