Aion Stream, get with it!

Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -

What is up bomb, I've decided to stream part of the closed beta that is now running until August 3rd. I'm running this off of a Web cam since direct feed of my desktop proved fatal to my poor computer.

I'm currently just streaming the video with no audio. Enjoy whatever lulz or fail this stream might bring.

http://www.justin.tv/ossi101/beta

EDIT: At first there was no audio because I was talking with a couple friends on vent and didn't want our voices to go through. But I decided to make it a full fledged look at the game.

EDIT2:  I will be doing another stream in about 1 - 2 hours on the Scout class. Currently  9:00pm MST stay tuned.  Also if you would like to stalk me on twitter  you may, http://twitter.com/Ossi101

EDIT3: As of this edit, the Aion Scout Stream is now LIVE! Hit up the link up top.

EDIT4: As of this edit the Aion Scout Stream is OVER, YOU MISSED IT?! It's ok : here's the archive : CLICK
Unfortunately you can't see the live chat so I'm talking to myself :P

#1 Edited by Ossi (1229 posts) -

What is up bomb, I've decided to stream part of the closed beta that is now running until August 3rd. I'm running this off of a Web cam since direct feed of my desktop proved fatal to my poor computer.

I'm currently just streaming the video with no audio. Enjoy whatever lulz or fail this stream might bring.

http://www.justin.tv/ossi101/beta

EDIT: At first there was no audio because I was talking with a couple friends on vent and didn't want our voices to go through. But I decided to make it a full fledged look at the game.

EDIT2:  I will be doing another stream in about 1 - 2 hours on the Scout class. Currently  9:00pm MST stay tuned.  Also if you would like to stalk me on twitter  you may, http://twitter.com/Ossi101

EDIT3: As of this edit, the Aion Scout Stream is now LIVE! Hit up the link up top.

EDIT4: As of this edit the Aion Scout Stream is OVER, YOU MISSED IT?! It's ok : here's the archive : CLICK
Unfortunately you can't see the live chat so I'm talking to myself :P

#2 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

I'll watch some of this. I tried getting into this beta but couldn't so let's see what it's like.

#3 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Bump. This is actualy a pretty amazing looking MMO.

#4 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

If you want to find out how to make Aion more boring and crappy than it already is, simply watch someone else play it without sound.

#5 Posted by killdave (1073 posts) -

Sound would be awesome if you can manage it

#6 Edited by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

There's sound my end.

Did you actually check?

And considering it's cam it's pretty decent quality.

#7 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

There's sound in there right now.

#8 Posted by killdave (1073 posts) -

Great stream and commentary

Thanks for that.

#9 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Really cool stream. Especialy for a first go it went very smooth.

Game looks awesome.

#10 Edited by killdave (1073 posts) -

Yup, for £24.99 it's a pre-order
Hoping I'll get it ready for the next beta window

#11 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@killdave said:
" Yup, for £24.99 it's a pre-orderHoping I'll get it ready for the next beta window "
Steam has it for £34.99, where you getting yours from?
#12 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
@Jayge said:
" If you want to find out how to make Aion more boring and crappy than it already is, simply watch someone else play it without sound. "
This made me laugh. Maybe he should do an endurance run of it then? I am sure that'll make this community more open to it.
#13 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4896 posts) -

I've played it... it's alright. It's hard to get into a beta MMO knowing that everything you do will mean nothing in a few months.

#14 Posted by Delta_Ass (3280 posts) -

It looks exactly like WoW.

#15 Edited by killdave (1073 posts) -

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3275640/Aion-The-Tower-Of-Eternity/Product.html

£24.99 Free Delivery

| You save: £10.00 (28%)

Pre-order. | Due for release on 25/09/2009

• Pre-Order from Play.com and receive a unique code to access the Aion Closed BETA Event. Your code and instructions will be emailed up to 2 days prior to each BETA Event (see below for details). Customers who have already pre-ordered will receive a code up to 2 days prior to the next available BETA Event.
  • Pre-Order Closed BETA Event Offer
  • The BETA Events will take place on the following dates:
  • Closed Beta Event #3 - July 2-July 6
  • Closed Beta Event #4 - July 17-July 20
  • Closed Beta Event #5 - July 31-August 3
  • Closed Beta Event #6 - August 14-August 17
  • Please Note! Dates are subject to change without warning. Should dates change, codes will be sent up to 2 days prior to the new dates of each BETA Event.
  • Recurring subscription fee required to play
  • Take to the skies with the most advanced flight models seen in any online game to date. See the stunning world of Atreia in its full glory as you battle to save your people from annihilation.
  • Totally customise your character through an incredibly in-depth character creation tool, advanced crafting systems and extensive item customisation.
  • Engage in a unique and evolving combat system utilising combos, skill chains, counter-attacks and spectacular aerial combat.
  • Introducing PvPvE! Plan and execute raids against rival factions, earn special ranks and rewards through victory, and prepare for unexpected attacks by the Balaur, a brutal non-player race.

I wonder if I get paid for this ...

#16 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -

Bump.  Scout stream is live.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.