Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Akai Katana Shin

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Akai Katana for Xbox 360 contains three different modes, including a port of the original arcade version of Akai Katana.

Demo now available for everyone.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael

The Akai Katana Shin demo is now available for everyone to download. All you need to do is create a Japanese Xbox Live account.

I played through it with all three characters. Not a big fan, honestly. The two available stages are short, bland and easy, the music is boring, I'm not a fan of Ninja Mode and I find myself really missing the two-way shooting of Deathsmiles. I've heard that the other stages are longer though, and the demo had no screen options so I had to play with the shitty default ones. Also, you couldn't try the Arcade and Zetsu modes. Perhaps I'd enjoy the game if I had access to all it has to offer... hopefully Rising Star will bring it over so I can see for myself.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

I played it some more and dabbled in scoring... it's growing on me. Unleashing your katanas and reeling in the gold as a mini-boss blows up is pretty fun.

I recommend everyone download it. There's a novice mode (press X at the start menu, I think) for those who really suck at this sort of game.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a7752ce5b3c2
    deactivated-5a7752ce5b3c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Quite enjoyed the demo myself once I'd got my head around the scoring system. Really hoping a publisher picks it up for a UK release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.