Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2010

When famous novelist Alan Wake goes on vacation with his wife Alice, he has no idea that the idyllic town of Bright Falls will soon be the site of a terrible battle between light and dark that could threaten everything, even Wake's own sanity.

Alan Wake question.

JuggertrainUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JuggertrainUK

So after about a year an a half after finishing Alan Wake and receiving Microsoft points from a family member for this Christmas, I decided fuck it I am going to buy the two DLC chapters for Alan Wake. The reason behind this is that I really enjoyed Alan Wake and heard from various people whether it be reviews, articles or podcasts that they were not that bad, and that they also finished the story of the original game.

3 hours later I have finished both chapters, and I if I am understanding the story correctly then Alan Wake ended up the exact same place he was at the start of the DLC and nothing really changed. So seeing as I spent 1000 points on this instead of Joe Danger (Major fail I know) I am quite disappointed, and my overall opinion on the game has been soured.

My question although quite late, is what are your feelings towards Alan Wake? were they soured like mine by the DLC, did you not bother with the DLC? what are your feelings to the original game? and what are your feelings towards the new downloadable Alan Wake title?

the_devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By the_devoid

I am very excited for the new Alan Wake game. I only played 200 points for the DLC (first one free second on sale) so I didn't really mind the DLC not as good as the main game though.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NTM

I think Alan Wake is fantastic, and as much as I like to replay great games, it has somewhat limited replay value. I liked the DLC, but I haven't returned to it after I beat them originally. I've been meaning to go back through them before this new one comes out next month, although that's almost entirely separate. I think you see some interesting things in the DLC, and it's more of Alan Wake which I don't think is bad, but it's not really there to further the story so much that we'll get full answers we have questions to. That's what sequel's are about. I too was (slightly) disappointed by the DLC, but not to the extent of it ruining my feelings towards the series as a whole.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.