Bright Falls (mini series)

#1 Edited by rathantoras (192 posts) -
#2 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

For a webisode mini-series it was pretty crazy. I hope Alan Wake matches the kind of atmosphere that was in the episodes.

#3 Posted by kariyanine (216 posts) -

I decided to watch it before I started playing and I am quite happy with my decision.  Very well done overall and I kind of wish there was more of them with a longer play time.

#4 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

i watched it before playing, was quite good

#5 Posted by Jeust (10454 posts) -

Also does anyone know the name of the soundtrack?     

of the prequels or the game? 

It was very good, just had a disappointing detail to it: Alan Wake was driving. :(
#6 Posted by sublime90 (527 posts) -

i also watched it before playing and it was pretty cool. remedy did a hell of a job creating this universe.

#7 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

I like this series a lot, I think it added a nice touch to the whole game in general. Although, I did feel like one of the episodes (I forget which now) reminded me a bit of The Ring.

#8 Edited by Hashbrowns (649 posts) -

I thought Bright Falls was probably the best promotional tie-in for a video game I've ever seen.  I was pleasantly surprised with the Assassin's Creed II series, but the ambitious nature of the setting wasn't supported by the budget.  With Bright Falls, the simple setting worked in the budget much better. 

There are some great moments in the later episodes which were very subtle, yet incredibly affecting.  The slow pan around Jake as he watches the TV, the jarring cut and the shoe in the car.  Awesome stuff.
#9 Posted by DeathByWaffle (628 posts) -

Yeah, I watched it through earlier today, really enjoyed it.

#10 Posted by rathantoras (192 posts) -
@Jeust: I meant to the mini series but i found it in the end. Here
#11 Posted by Theologian78 (28 posts) -

Yeah, tihs actually was a great tie in.  In fact, I thought they got the atmosphere a little more consistently than the game did.  I would love to see more of these.  The series Happy Town had a really similar vibe, but, well that's gone now.

#12 Posted by Jeust (10454 posts) -
@rathantoras said:
" @Jeust: I meant to the mini series but i found it in the end. Here "
ahhh it's a nice song! 
#13 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -
#14 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Is Alan actually in this or is it just people from the town?

#15 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" Is Alan actually in this or is it just people from the town? "
His only appearance is at the very end (unless you count his brief moment on TV). I don't know if the people in this are in the game because I haven't played it yet, but the protagonist is someone different.
#16 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@natetodamax: Nice. Might be worth watching then if there's a definite connection.
#17 Edited by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

Yeah is was very awesome.. It made Alan Wake better, watching this 

@natetodamax said:

" @HandsomeDead said:

" Is Alan actually in this or is it just people from the town? "
His only appearance is at the very end (unless you count his brief moment on TV). I don't know if the people in this are in the game because I haven't played it yet, but the protagonist is someone different. "
Rose and Hartman are

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.