Full game for under 5 bucks

#1 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Digital copy for under 5 bucks. Go get it! 

LINKY! 

edit 

The game now is under 3 bucks. But they are adding on shipping.  

AGAIN EDIT 

Dow to under 2 dollars. (not counting shipping) 

#2 Posted by Butano (1786 posts) -

Sigh, if only my Xbox didn't get the RROD a week ago :( 
Also, for me it's coming up $2.73 + $6.99 shipping. Freaking ridiculous shipping charge for a code.

#3 Posted by Yummylee (22507 posts) -

Nice. I bought the collectors edition for about £31 during a sale and was still so very worth it.

#4 Posted by Crono (2706 posts) -

Yeah, I am getting $7 shipping as well.

#5 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

The $4 one is gone.  The others are all about $10

#6 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -

still though. ten dollars is pretty awesome. if you have the HDD space, of course

#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@fwylo said:
" The $4 one is gone.  The others are all about $10 "
I see under 3 bucks now U.S dollars 
#8 Posted by perilator666 (467 posts) -

reminds me i need to get a new xbox at some point. i've been meaning to play this for a long time now.

#9 Posted by j_meyer_13 (387 posts) -

Am I the only person getting a bad vibe off of this?  Maybe I'm just paranoid...

#10 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @fwylo said:
I see under 3 bucks now U.S dollars  "
Including the shipping?
#11 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Bought.

#12 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@fwylo said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @fwylo said:
I see under 3 bucks now U.S dollars  "
Including the shipping? "
Excluding the shippin. Which Is sort of stupid. 
#13 Posted by Daveyo520 (6993 posts) -

I can't believe I can't get this :(

#14 Posted by WJist (308 posts) -

That is a stupid crazy price for this game, people! Worth it!

#15 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: Ya exactly.  5+ dollar shipping on a "code" that they are just going to email to you anyways.  Can't just say it's 3 dollars then.
#16 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -
@Butano said:
"Sigh, if only my Xbox didn't get the RROD a week ago :( Also, for me it's coming up $2.73 + $6.99 shipping. Freaking ridiculous shipping charge for a code. "

It was $23 to ship to Canada. So I said eff that. I don't see how that makes any sense. Why wouldn't the code just be emailed to me?
#17 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -
@j_meyer_13 said:
" Am I the only person getting a bad vibe off of this?  Maybe I'm just paranoid... "
Nope, I was just about to purchase it but bad vibes are holding me back.
#18 Posted by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

I don't care if I pay for shipping, but are they actually gonna mail me the card or E-mail me the code?

#19 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Doctorchimp said:
" I don't care if I pay for shipping, but are they actually gonna mail me the card or E-mail me the code? "
Its email from what I am gathering. 
#20 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11379 posts) -

If only my tiny 20GB drive wasn't CONSTANTLY out of room. 

#21 Posted by GamingSince81 (35 posts) -

I bought it.  I had a choice between 1, 2 or 3 day shipping, e-mail was not an option.  I am guessing they ship the card shown in the picture to you.  Good deal even with the shipping added.

#22 Posted by j_meyer_13 (387 posts) -
@hexx462 said:
" @j_meyer_13 said:
" Am I the only person getting a bad vibe off of this?  Maybe I'm just paranoid... "
Nope, I was just about to purchase it but bad vibes are holding me back. "
Well, I bought it anyways... I figure if anything goes wrong, I should be able to deal with Amazon. They were really good about sending me a replacement copy of Inception when the one I bought got lost in a blizzard for a week.
#23 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

Paying $7 for shipping on a download code is ridiculous, but I still bought the game for under $10. Thanks for posting!

#24 Edited by Vonocourt (2164 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: 
And since amazon credits the seller for shipping, they're getting that money for nothing.

I already have the game, but seeing that would've driven me away even if I didn't.

#25 Posted by DougQuaid (1275 posts) -

Very strange deal, but I went for it. 

Came out to $9.72 w/ shipping.

#26 Posted by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" If only my tiny 20GB drive wasn't CONSTANTLY out of room.  "
Just clear enough space to beat Alan Wake in a week and then delete it.
#27 Posted by ___pocalypse (554 posts) -

Dang, I'd buy it if I had more room on my hard drive. Why am I such a download fiend??

#28 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
#29 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11379 posts) -

Why is there a shipping charge if they email it to you? That's crazy! Never mind, other posts here seem to indicate that it is actually shipped. Still, that's outrageous for a hunk of cardboard, and I refuse to pay that much out of principal. 

#30 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:

" Why is there a shipping charge if they email it to you? That's crazy!  "

So they can make money.  

Anyone got amazon prime? Shouldn't you get free shippin? 
#31 Posted by LiquidPenguins (181 posts) -

They don't email it and the price is so low because they make money by charging $7 for shipping and only spending <$1 shipping it. They do this so the price is listed that low and people make threads on internet forums giving them free publicity.

#32 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@LiquidPenguins:  It's still less than $10 for a good game. That is still a great deal.
#33 Posted by lilarchie232 (728 posts) -

Well I caved, CURSE YOU IMPULSE BUYS.

#34 Edited by CornBREDX (5965 posts) -

The retailer is obviously just trying to get rid of these. It's showing up as 1.74 for me btw. Still, 10$ for this game is a steal. The game is better than that even if its fairly short. If you haven't played it yet since it's through amazon I would recommend it. Amazon is pretty good about keeping their 3rd party retailers in check (just from my experience) and Alan Wake is worth more than that. 

The price even with that shipping is a steal.

#35 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

From the price dropping over and over chances are they are trying to clear the stock of the items. 

Its now 1.74 with 7.99 shipping (U.S) SO...

#36 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

Bought it for like $10 including shipping.

#37 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

The price is still under 10 bucks for all of it. It is a great game..and a great price right now. 

#38 Posted by jakob187 (21755 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" Nice. I bought the collectors edition for about £31 during a sale and was still so very worth it. "
I had bought mine on the cheaps about a month or two after release.  Probably one of the best CEs I've ever seen.  Great book that came along with it, and the first DLC was free!  = D
#39 Posted by blacklab (1594 posts) -

This is an insanely good value.

#40 Posted by ShaggE (6697 posts) -

Bought it so fast that I didn't even look at the shipping, since I figured "hey, e-mail code, right?".

Kinda pissed that they ramped the shipping so high, since I could likely get a hard copy for five bucks more somewhere, but less than ten bucks for a game I've wanted since release? I'm not about to bitch.

#41 Posted by thrashr20 (16 posts) -

Did the codes work for everybody?

#42 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@thrashr20: Yeah, mine worked. havn't touched it since getting it and punching in the codes but they worked

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.