Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2010

When famous novelist Alan Wake goes on vacation with his wife Alice, he has no idea that the idyllic town of Bright Falls will soon be the site of a terrible battle between light and dark that could threaten everything, even Wake's own sanity.

Pssst, Alan Wake for the PC is hours away from release, buy it!

• 74 results
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By jacdg

Hmm, I really enjoyed it when I first played it on Xbox, though I felt it became repetitive after a while, same plot point got used a bit too much, probably going to buy it on PC at some point.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Vexxan

I already own the 360 version but seeing screenshots of the games side by side really shows how polished the PC version is and I'd like to see it in action but I think I'll save my money this time.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By louiedog

It's 33% off from greenmangaming.com. It's a good site, I've used it myself. Use code HALFT-ERMHO-RRORS

That brings the price of the regular edition to $19.97 and the collector's edition w/ soundtrack, commentary, and book to $23.33.

It's a Steamworks game so they just give you a code that you redeem on Steam.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I got the 360 version for 6 bucks last summer and it felt like a steal.

Saying that, can I really justify another £20 just to have a shiner version of a 2 (3?) year old game?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Animasta

too busy playing Crusader Kings 2

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Metal_Mills: I'm getting like 50-60 FPS (With V-Sync on) with everything at high, including FXAA, on 1920x1080 with an i5 2500K @4.2GHz and GTX 560 Ti. Although this game is very playable at 30 FPS with a gamepad, since the motion blur helps compensate.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By kishinfoulux

@louiedog said:

It's 33% off from greenmangaming.com. It's a good site, I've used it myself. Use code HALFT-ERMHO-RRORS

That brings the price of the regular edition to $19.97 and the collector's edition w/ soundtrack, commentary, and book to $23.33.

Okay I'm sure I'm a moron and am missing something but I just ordered off that site and got the email but I'm not seeing a code to redeem it on Steam.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @WilltheMagicAsian said:

@Metal_Mills: I'm getting like 50-60 FPS (With V-Sync on) with everything at high, including FXAA, on 1920x1080 with an i5 2500K @4.2GHz and GTX 560 Ti. Although this game is very playable at 30 FPS with a gamepad, since the motion blur helps compensate.

Hey, is there an option to increase the fog in the game? The PC version looks extremely fog-less.
    SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SlasherMan

@kishinfoulux: The same happened to me. Just give it a few minutes, then check the keys on your account.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By louiedog

@kishinfoulux said:

@louiedog said:

Okay I'm sure I'm a moron and am missing something but I just ordered off that site and got the email but I'm not seeing a code to redeem it on Steam.

As SlasherMan said, it might take a few minutes to get your keys. I haven't bought Alan Wake, but all of my other games from the site have their keys listed at http://www.greenmangaming.com/user/account/keys/

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By kishinfoulux

Yeah saw it a minute ago. Downloading now. I thought it would be in the actual email. Thanks guys and also thanks for the code. Getting the PC version, and DLC, for like $22 is a great bargain. I've now bought the game twice but I want a proper sequel so take my money Remedy.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AhmadMetallic: I tried changing the draw distance and that didn't seem to change the fog at all. Maybe it just looks less dense because of the higher rendering resolution?

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By infininja

@louiedog said:

$20.10 and $23.45.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By Subjugation

When games wait too long to release on PC (ports), my disinterest goes beyond the point of no return. L.A. Noire took a while to release on PC, so when it finally released I no longer had any interest in it. Same deal with Alan Wake.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65  Edited By lethalki11ler

@AhmadMetallic: Finished it twice on 360 so I'm good but nice e-mail :)

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Cameron

I've seen codes for the 360 version for about seven dollars, so until this is around that price I'm not interested. I'm sure it will be around that in the next steam sale, or when Max Payne 3 comes out.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By Kazona

Played it once on the 360 which was enough for me. Unless the combat is significantly improved on the PC I will pass this one up.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By emem

Just finished the "first part" and absolutely loved it. I'm enjoying the combat too (playing with mouse and keyboard), even though it's extremely easy on normal. 

Oh, if any of you got problems with the mouse acceleration, just crank up the sensitivity... that should help. I'm always playing with mouse accel though, so maybe it affects me less than others.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By valrog

@Cameron said:

I've seen codes for the 360 version for about seven dollars, so until this is around that price I'm not interested. I'm sure it will be around that in the next steam sale, or when Max Payne 3 comes out.

What does Max Payne 3 has to do with anything?

TheGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TheGorilla

Found out about this for the first time earlier today and totally freaked out. My 360 version is good enough for me, but I can't fathom how I didn't find out about this sooner.

For those that haven't played it yet, It's an amazing game. One of my favorites the year it was first released. Can't wait for American Nightmare.

I will say I'm probably the only person that would have more interest in this game if it was GFWL and not steamworks.

videoGaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#71  Edited By videoGaiden

Yup. Had it for 360. Probably played about a third of it. Can't be bothered using 360 anymore so got again on Steam today. Couple of hours in. Nice!

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Cameron

@valrog:

I didn't realize Remedy doesn't have anything to do with Max Payne anymore. Steam often puts games by the same developer or in the same series on sale a week or two before the new game in the series comes out. I thought they might do a Remedy sale, but since I now know Remedy isn't making Max Payne 3, I guess that is unlikely. Still, I'll wait for the summer sale.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By valrog

@Cameron: The Rockstar involvement confused me. Also, I find it strange that Steam practically did nothing to advertise Alan Wake (No pre-order, no news, no TF2 items, nothing practically). Especially since it's exclusive for some time. Very odd.

I would have no idea that it was coming out if I hadn't seen it on here. Before the release, that is.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#74  Edited By AndrewB

I can't understand how a company like Remedy, who made Max Payne and Max Payne 2, also made another really awesome game called Alan Wake, and I feel like I have to fear for their future. But I have no idea how they are financially. I just feel like Alan Wake was a bust, given how small the post-game discussion was and how little buzz there is for the XBLA game. But maybe that's just because I don't really pay attention to gaming communities outside of Giant Bamb Dot Cam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.