The coffee termus collectible question

#1 Edited by Jeust (10480 posts) -

On the quick look Brad questioned about what the coffee thermus collectible, and the answer is pretty simple: Alan Wake loves coffee and the story leads to believe that it is his work juice. :p   

#2 Posted by Emiel (607 posts) -

I've collected a few today :P

#3 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

COFFEE!!

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said:
" COFFEE!! "
FK in the coffee? 
#5 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

Some of these must be reasonably well hidden, I mean I wasn't looking too hard for them admittedly but the game is so linear I expected to find more than 50 on my first playthrough (there is 100) so looking for the rest of those will be cool, and the remaining pages (apparently you can only find some on higher difficulties? not sure of this) 

Also, how frustrating is this, I found 13/14 TV shows :\ going to take forever to locate the final one.

#6 Posted by Emiel (607 posts) -

I earned this today:

Damn Good Cup of Coffee
You have found 25 coffee thermoses. 

I love this game so much. One of my favourites ever.
#7 Posted by Jeust (10480 posts) -

Yep the game is really awesome. Gonna play it more in a while. :p

#8 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@The_A_Drain: I've just finished and i'm thinking the same thing. Same with the torching 1,000 birds. As far as I can tell, I killed all the ones that attacked me and I ended with just under 900 so I'm assuming there are ones i'll need to track down myself.
#9 Posted by LeadNinja (308 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" @The_A_Drain: I've just finished and i'm thinking the same thing. Same with the torching 1,000 birds. As far as I can tell, I killed all the ones that attacked me and I ended with just under 900 so I'm assuming there are ones i'll need to track down myself. "
The number carries on to the next game.
#10 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@LeadNinja: Excellent. One less thing to worry about on my thermos/manuscript hunting.
#11 Posted by Zombieheadbutt (255 posts) -

I'm not sure how many episodes there are in the game but I had the "Collect 25 Thermos" cheive by the time I finished the 2nd episode.  This game is going to KILL me with my OCD nature!

#12 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -
@LeadNinja said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @The_A_Drain: I've just finished and i'm thinking the same thing. Same with the torching 1,000 birds. As far as I can tell, I killed all the ones that attacked me and I ended with just under 900 so I'm assuming there are ones i'll need to track down myself. "
The number carries on to the next game. "
Absolutely they do. 

That said, there is a particularly long trek for one page at one point, and there are enough birds on that one part I think (unless you found it! :D) you could do 1000 in one game. But I didn't get it until my second play.
#13 Posted by JakJ (999 posts) -
@Emiel said:
" I earned this today:

Damn Good Cup of CoffeeYou have found 25 coffee thermoses.   I love this game so much. One of my favourites ever. "
Yeah, the achievement names and descriptions are some of the best I've ever seen.
#14 Posted by wipu (48 posts) -
@JakJ said:
" @Emiel said:
" I earned this today:

Damn Good Cup of CoffeeYou have found 25 coffee thermoses.   I love this game so much. One of my favourites ever. "
Yeah, the achievement names and descriptions are some of the best I've ever seen. "
Even Agent Dale Cooper would be proud.
#15 Posted by Titl (539 posts) -
@wipu said:
" @JakJ said:
" @Emiel said:
" I earned this today:

Yeah, the achievement names and descriptions are some of the best I've ever seen. "
Even Agent Dale Cooper would be proud. "
My thought exactly, this game is full of Twin Peaks references, and som Max Payne ones too..

On topic: I missed one TV show, which is a major bummer since i often went out of my way to go scouting for collectibles. I only need around 20 thermos to get the achievement. 

The music in this game is awesome.
#16 Posted by Devileye--defunct (48 posts) -
Its because Coffee can tell you, your future

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.