Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2010

When famous novelist Alan Wake goes on vacation with his wife Alice, he has no idea that the idyllic town of Bright Falls will soon be the site of a terrible battle between light and dark that could threaten everything, even Wake's own sanity.

Which path should I take in episode 4?

Redstar2613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Redstar2613

I'm on my way to the farm and just left the house where the guy I met in Jail died. Now I'm presented with a choice of driving down the road or taking a different path on foot.

I just don't want to miss any collectibles by taking the wrong path. I assume they wouldn't make you miss manuscript pages or anything but they're already making people play through the whole game twice to get all the pages so they might do something annoying like that. If it really doesn't matter, which way is more fun?

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zereta

I finished this game twice and not once, did I realize there was another path other than driving down. Um... So no comment?

Redstar2613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Redstar2613

But that is a comment :P

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Doesnt matter the game is linear as hell so you will end up at the same place you might miss a thermos though (there is a thermos in one of the barns). Anyway continue playing you are close to one of the best parts of the game.
    Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Genkkaku

I started walking down and the Wake starts narrating 

"I could walk, but it would be faster to drive" (or something) 
    Theres also a coffee thurmuce when you drive down

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By EVO
    @Genkkaku said:
    " I started walking down and the Wake starts narrating  "I could walk, but it would be faster to drive" (or something) Theres also a coffee thurmuce when you drive down "
    As far as I know, there's only one path. That's just the games way of letting you know you can drive, in case you missed the car or something.
    Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Genkkaku
    @EVO: Its off to the left just after you go up the hill.. it leads down but i think it'll just take longer to get where your going anyways
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Jeust

There isn't really the option to take a different path, just the map is generally large and will give you the illusion of free roam. Just take your time and explore the setting, you will generally find some collectibles. 

Avatar image for great__defunct__northern
    Great__defunct__Northern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Go the alternate way first (away from the farm). You'll come across a shed with a chest and a radio tower with (gasp!) a radio and a hunting rifle and some ammo. Then move on to the farm.

tastyhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By tastyhouse

"I could walk, but it would be faster to drive" (or something)

He is saying that because you're supposed to be driving - its the game's way of telling you to get into a car. 

That part was the one radio I missed because I took a right instead of going straight. Definitely headed for one of the best moments of the game.  CHILDREN OF THE ELDER GOD!!!
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By pweidman
    @greatnorthern said:
    "Go the alternate way first (away from the farm). You'll come across a shed with a chest and a radio tower with (gasp!) a radio and a hunting rifle and some ammo. Then move on to the farm. "

Yep that's what I did, and that rifle/ammo came in real handy a little later :p.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.