Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 22, 2012

A spin-off of the 2010 supernatural-horror game Alan Wake, with a heavier focus on combat and a less melancholic tone. Set in a rural desert town, the Champion of Light must do what he can to foil the plans of his evil doppelgänger.

Let's talk music.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By AndrewB

Specifically, does anyone know if there's going to be a Poets of the Fall song somewhere in this, continuing the trend started in Max Payne 2 (is twice a trend?).

Really loved "Late Goodbye", and "War" was perfectly placed in Alan Wake.

darkfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By darkfury

'The Happy Song' is in the trailers and will be somewhere in American Nightmare ("The say that I'm a psycho, psycho, psycho"). Additionally, they again perform under the monikor 'Old Gods of Asgard' for the track 'Balance Slays The Demon' - see the video for that one here.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By AndrewB

@DarkFury: Alright! I know they do the Old Gods of Asgard stuff, but I prefer it when their actual works get slipped into the game. It was actually super weird hearing them belt out the plot of the game in the form of song in Alan Wake.

Still, just glad to see them in it, especially for what I'd written off as such a minor release.

darkfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By darkfury

@AndrewB: POTF and Remedy are like peas in a pod, but yes I'm glad too. New album will be out end of March.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By CatsAkimbo

I actually really liked the song "Club Foot" by Kasabian that they licensed for this game (oil derrick song). Remedy always seems to pick some great songs. Though when "The Happy Song" played during the game I ended up killing the guys so fast that I heard maybe 10 seconds of the song. I wish there were a couple waves to that encounter or something to lengthen it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.