Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 22, 2012

A spin-off of the 2010 supernatural-horror game Alan Wake, with a heavier focus on combat and a less melancholic tone. Set in a rural desert town, the Champion of Light must do what he can to foil the plans of his evil doppelgänger.

Manuscript Font???

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rmills87

Weird question - I am trying to find the name of the font used for the manuscript pages found in American Nightmare. I have been Googling my ass off, but can't seem to find an answer. I'll keep looking, but as of this post, can anyone offer a helping hand? If I can't find the answer through searching or this forum, I'll most likely just write a letter to Remedy. Figured I would start here! Thanks duders.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Wacomole

From an image I found, it looks like a standard typewriter font (akin to Courier etc.)

Try going to a site like dafont.com and choosing from one of the free fonts that will be similar. There'e even a section called "typewriter" under "fancy".

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By agentboolen

Only played the 1st game so far so I had to look up a image of American Nightmares Manuscript. Looking at the page i see it doesn't look like anything special, I was thinking Times, maybe Times New Roman. Here is the image I'm looking at, not sure If I'm looking at what your looking at.

No Caption Provided
    Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Nentisys

I would just contact Remedy directly.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rmills87

@agentboolen said:

Only played the 1st game so far so I had to look up a image of American Nightmares Manuscript. Looking at the page i see it doesn't look like anything special, I was thinking Times, maybe Times New Roman. Here is the image I'm looking at, not sure If I'm looking at what your looking at.

No Caption Provided

Yes, that is exactly what I am looking at. But you were thinking Times? I will take a look. Since posting this, I have in fact sent an email to Remedy to see if they could let me know. Thanks for your reply.

drshilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By drshilliams
    Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wacomole

@rmills87 said:

@agentboolen said:

No Caption Provided

Yes, that is exactly what I am looking at. But you were thinking Times? I will take a look. Since posting this, I have in fact sent an email to Remedy to see if they could let me know. Thanks for your reply.

I can assure you that the above font is definitely not any of the Times family.

It's monospaced for a start.

You will definitely find something extremely similar at the link I posted previously.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rmills87

@MoleyUK said:

@rmills87 said:

@agentboolen said:

No Caption Provided

You will definitely find something extremely similar at the link I posted previously.

Wow, I am so sorry - I looked right over your previous post. Thank you so much for that reference to dafont - totally awesome duder! I'll still wait to hear back from Remedy, but I am definitely going to start looking through these typewriter fonts. They are awesome!

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wacomole

@rmills87 said:

@MoleyUK said:

@rmills87 said:

@agentboolen said:

No Caption Provided

Wow, I am so sorry - I looked right over your previous post. Thank you so much for that reference to dafont - totally awesome duder! I'll still wait to hear back from Remedy, but I am definitely going to start looking through these typewriter fonts. They are awesome!

My apologies also as, upon reflection, my reply does come across as a tad terse. I certainly didn't mean it to sound like quite so pointed. Hope you have success finding your fon...er, typeface.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rmills87

@MoleyUK said:

@rmills87 said:

@MoleyUK said:

@rmills87 said:

@agentboolen said:

No Caption Provided

My apologies also as, upon reflection, my reply does come across as a tad terse. I certainly didn't mean it to sound like quite so pointed. Hope you have success finding your fon...er, typeface.

LOL yes, my typeface! No worries, I understood what you meant. Thanks so much for the help!

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By buzz_clik

I'm looking at this on my phone and the pic is tiny, but it looks like Trixie to me.

EDIT: Specifically Trixie Heavy.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rmills87

@buzz_clik: Took a look - I think we have a winner!

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By buzz_clik

@rmills87: *raising hand* Total typography nerd here. Glad I could help!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.