Alex done at Harmonix, future unknown

• 82 results
#1 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

from Alex's twitter:

"So for those keeping score, yes, today is my last day at Harmonix. No, this is not a layoff thing, so bloggers holster your guns." 

and also

"It is super surreal and deeply sad to leave this wonderful place, but things await me elsewhere that I am supremely excited about." 

So, even tho it wont happen because the guys have said many times they want to keep a small operation, how awesome would it be if he would to "return home"? :D

#2 Posted by Gamer_152 (14053 posts) -

The stuff Alex has helped work on at Harmonix has been awesome and it's good to hear that he has a promising future ahead of him.

#3 Posted by Andorski (5198 posts) -

Having him back on the real Hotspot would be awesome.

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

While it would be cool, I like his occasional appearances on the Bombcast where he can talk about what he's been up to in the gaming industry.

#5 Posted by dutch42 (533 posts) -

luck to the guy whatever he ends up moving on to
#6 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

He should work for GB 
/thread 

#7 Posted by Skytylz (4030 posts) -

That stinks for him, I  hope he finds work fast.

#8 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -
@addictedtopinescent: Seconded...
#9 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@addictedtopinescent said:
" He should work for GB /thread  "
#10 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

well we do need some one to cover sports. I however see this to be just a wild dream. plus let the man have some timeoff.
#11 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -

I can't wait to see what's next. I'd personally love to see him come back into the spotlight of gaming journalism, be it Giant Bomb related or otherwise. Hell, it's be cool to see him join the Area 5 guys and help out with Co-Op.

#12 Posted by cspiffo (860 posts) -

Wow!  Good luck to Alex. It's always exciting and scary to move on to something new.
#13 Posted by luchadeer797 (294 posts) -
"He should work for GB /thread  "
#14 Posted by c_rakestraw (824 posts) -

Well, best of luck to him in his future endeavors, then. Wonder what those plans of his are.

#15 Posted by m1k3 (1325 posts) -

Im pretty sure the GB offices is well open for him.

#16 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
from Alex's twitter:

"but things await me elsewhere that I am supremely excited about." 
Sounds like he's already got something lined up. Wonder what it is...
#17 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

I seriously doubt he's moving back to the press side unfortunately.  Good luck to him wherever he goes.

#18 Posted by TheHBK (5464 posts) -

I loved Alex at Gamespot but can you imagine him bringing his music snobbery here?  Oh i shudder to think.

What did he do there anyway?  Seemed weird and felt he didn't actually have a part in making the game.  Just going around marketing it at the most and moderating stuff at the least.

#19 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

Good luck to the man. It'll be interesting to see what he comes up with in the future.

#20 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@TheHBK said:
" I loved Alex at Gamespot but can you imagine him bringing his music snobbery here?  Oh i shudder to think.  What did he do there anyway?  Seemed weird and felt he didn't actually have a part in making the game.  Just going around marketing it at the most and moderating stuff at the least. "
yeah he was part of the harmonix marketing :P thats a job too you know, going around events and whatnot playing the game, explaining the features, etc. PR work
#21 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -

Looking forward to his next projects. 

Best of luck to him.

#22 Posted by iAmJohn (6109 posts) -

I'm calling it: Alex is joining Rich and Ben at 38 Studios to make Copernicus, which will soon be revealed to be the epic Time Trotters MMO we've all been waiting for.

#23 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

Best of luck to Mr. Navarro. I hope he ends up here, but if he doesn't I'll be fine.

#24 Posted by ajamafalous (11862 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" I'm calling it: Alex is joining Rich and Ben at 38 Studios to make Copernicus, which will soon be revealed to be the epic Time Trotters MMO we've all been waiting for. "
OH MAN.
#25 Posted by tranquilchaos (573 posts) -

Alex on the bombcast would make my head explode with joy.

#26 Posted by TurboMan (7412 posts) -

Alex to Giant Bomb. 

make it happen.

#27 Posted by Falconer (1681 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" I'm calling it: Alex is joining Rich and Ben at 38 Studios to make Copernicus, which will soon be revealed to be the epic Time Trotters MMO we've all been waiting for. "
Mind = blown 

I don't care either way if he does or doesn't join the GB crew. I do however care what happens to the bombcast if he does. Five people would be just plain crazy if he were to join, and I find that the personalities of the four we have are well balanced. I think taking out any one of them and essentially replacing them with Alex would disrupt that balance.
#28 Posted by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -

For whatever Alex does, I wish him the best of luck.

#29 Posted by RoboRobb (1051 posts) -

I would literally kill someone to get Mr Navarro back with Jeff & the gang. Alex or Rich Gallup rejoining would make me eternally happy.

#30 Posted by mr_shoeless (381 posts) -

I never followed GameSpot back in the day, so I haven't seen much about Mr. Navarro, but I certainly hope things turn out well for him wherever he goes.  

And not that I have any say in the matter (nor should I), but I like GB the way it is today. Any further additions seem unnecessary. 

#31 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

Best of luck, Mr. Big Rigs guy.

#32 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
" He should work for GB /thread  "
This This This !
#33 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11486 posts) -

Of course we would like him to join GB, but the dude obviously has something else setup already. Maybe an actual development job?

#34 Posted by Jadeskye (4366 posts) -

Awesome guy. my friend used to work with him.  

Good luck to whatever he does next. Would be nice to see him as a guest on the bombcast again. been a few years now.

#35 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

I don't think he'd fit in Giant Bomb. He's too zany :/

Hope he gets somewhere really awesome. Sounds like he did. I'm guessin he's doing PR somewhere else, or a similar thing in the music industry, pfffff I dunno.

#36 Posted by natetodamax (19176 posts) -

Crap, that's a bummer. Hopefully he finds some work

#37 Posted by Toxin066 (3256 posts) -

Good luck to Alex!

I'm curious to see what his next project is.

#38 Posted by jakob187 (21644 posts) -

Well, it's sounding like he already got something else lined up, and this was totally his choice to jet.  Maybe he's going to be the new drummer for Metallica, and they can finally be rid of that asshat Lars!!! 

Alex, make my dreams come true, bro!

#39 Edited by DarkShaper (1322 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:

That is the stuff dreams are made of.
#40 Posted by Dogma (943 posts) -

Goddamn it people! You made me believe it was Alex Rigopolus that was leaving Harmonix!

#41 Edited by Ramyun (664 posts) -
@I_smell:  Pish tosh! It would make an already awesome GiantBomb even better! 
 I feel so bad for saying this but I felt like this was going to happen looking at the way the music game industry was going. GET HYPE!!
Alex on GiantBomb = MIND EXPLOSION!!!!!
#42 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1698 posts) -
@JokerSmilez said:
" @Rhaknar said:
from Alex's twitter:

"but things await me elsewhere that I am supremely excited about." 
Sounds like he's already got something lined up. Wonder what it is... "
#43 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2480 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
" While it would be cool, I like his occasional appearances on the Bombcast where he can talk about what he's been up to in the gaming industry. "
Agreed! I think Alex is better served intrenched in the industry trying to make the game world a brighter, sunnier place.
#44 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Well I hope home means here.

#45 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I doubt he would go to GB but it would be sweet if he did.

#46 Edited by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Alex! (AKA: El Vampiro Junior!)

I just saw this thread and somehow missed it on my twitter window. Aleeeeeex! Go do great things!

#47 Posted by Red12b (9079 posts) -

I WANT MORE VITRIOLIC DIATRIBE BY ALEX NAVARRO! MAKE IT HAPPEN GB MAKE IT HAPPEN. 

His reviews were awesome. 

dealing with Robocop is still awesome, 

#48 Posted by King9999 (608 posts) -

Hmm, Alex wasn't at Harmonix for very long, was he?  I wonder what's he's going to do next.

#49 Posted by guiseppe (2838 posts) -

It would be very awesome if he went on to work for GB.

#50 Posted by lord_canti (1503 posts) -

it would be epic if he did join the bomb get a new  guy on the bombcast

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.