Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alice: Madness Returns

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Alice is back, and so is her fragile grasp on reality. She must journey through both Victorian London and the dark world of Wonderland to retain her sanity and find out the truth behind her family's deaths, in this long-awaited sequel to American McGee's Alice.

Best level?

Natalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Natalia

In terms of main gameplay, I prefer either the gorgeous and disturbing Dollhouse section or Queensland, which is just plain awesome. 
    I think the "real world" bits are some of the greatest atmosphere-wise though.

No Caption Provided
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

It's hard to really say, since the levels are so long, but overall, I thought Level 2 was the best. It took the nice atmosphere of underwater levels and didn't involve any wonky swimming controls (although, it did involve a crappy shmup) =/

No Caption Provided
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bybeach

I still gots to play this game. Those pics are part of the reason why.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Morrow

@Natalia said:

I feel the same. Imagine an open-world title with an environment like that! :]

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vitor

The first few and the 'real world' stuff.

The rest were fine visually but it all felt disconnected and 'video-gamey' with floating platforms in abundance making it impossible for me to feel as though it was a real, interconnected world. I know it was meant to have been destroyed by some event, but it just felt like 90's level design and was a huge barrier to my enjoyment of the game.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Dogma

@Morrow said:

@Natalia said:

I feel the same. Imagine an open-world title with an environment like that! :]

Not to derail the thread but do you guys remember the cancelled Oliver Twist game from EA? That game had a look to it that remind of Alicereal world. Looked awsome.

No Caption Provided

EDIT: And yeah...to answer your question. I really dug the first part of the cattarpillars level. Seeing chinese/japanese (don't know which) raining down from te sky was beutiful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.